Forum Links 

Click to return to main page
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile  Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 
 Current Top Rated Killers 
 Next Event   Voting Links 

The event "Bad Blood - Gulgru vs Afales" is beginning in 5 days, 0 hour.

Ranger Suggestion.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> Mocker's Tavern
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Erlwith

PostPosted: Sun Apr 02, 2006 7:40 pm    Post subject: Ranger Suggestion.

Alright then. I have a suggestion for the ranger guild and I thought I'd suggest it.

Rank 40+
Skill:
When a ranger is accompanied by his falcon (beast called falcon) he may send it on journeys for him. The falcon can track people (find out their location) though it may take a long while for him to find them and it cannot track people through doors or past guild guardians. A Fighting falcon may also retrieve items placed on the ground at a location (though the same restrictions apply as tracking) and provided the ranger has a free hand, drop them in the hand of it's owner.

example:

[falcon] track mongtufa

[falcon] retrieve sword 'secluded camp'

Edit: Also to add, the falcon will move at normal speed and when tracking or retrieving may be slain to protect the whereabouts of the person being tracked. Though the falcon will continue to fly to its master even if attacked.

0 0 0
Kedaleam
Immortal

PostPosted: Sun Apr 02, 2006 10:55 pm    Post subject:

I thought you could already control you animals.... Or is that in the past? I thought i remembered switching to the panther or something and running to get myself things back in the day...

0 0 0
Vhrael
Immortal

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2006 4:32 am    Post subject:

Back when calling pets was done manually, you could use a skill called "mind link" (I think that was the name) whereby you could connect with your panther or falcon.

Falcons could tell you where someone was, and you could actually control the panther and walk around. Only bad part was if you were caught by someone while you were mind-linked, you were pretty much toast... and if the panther ate it, I think it messed you up pretty badly as well.

There might've been another element to this (it was a while ago, I don't remember it completely) but it was something like that.

0 0 0
Davairus
Implementor

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2006 6:32 am    Post subject:

It wouldnt work to have them track, because they need to remain close to the wilderness. Otherwise, they fly away.

Suggestions are appreciated but they need to fit in with what we've got. thanks for trying.

0 0 0
Erlwith

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2006 5:41 pm    Post subject:

Ah well.

Was worth a shot. Thanks for the reply at least.

0 0 0
Gygh

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2006 8:16 am    Post subject:

I kind of miss ambush. I guess it kind of makes them differ from theives a little more this way though.

Mind link still works- just not in the way it used to.

Old mind link:

Commands:

control panther:
The ranger takes control of his/her panther. Autosneak, limited commands (you can still use basic commands such as 'look' or 'inv' but advanced commands such as 'buy' or 'score' were disabled). The ranger would have needed to 'break' the link between him/herself and the panther before too much time had passed- because the Ranger's mind would be away from it's body, it would be left defenseless and the body would even start to shut down (you would die) if you neglected it.

stalk [char name]: Your look through the eyes of your falcon for a brief moment. They will fly into the room where the target of this ability is located.

Bears used (and still do) to jump in the way of any attack. This is handy because it acts as another defense; however, bears have the tendency to be a little over zealous and will usually die from taking too much damage.

Boars would sacrifice themselves and be summoned in your place (ie, you would do: 'ca summon Gygh' result: "A wild boar appears suddenly").
-I'm not sure if they still do this, I've never had it happen to me before mind link was changed and I havn't had it happen to me now.

Other animals:

Wolves would call upon another wolf during battle. This wolf would act like any normal npc that was attacked (doesn't "hate" or track)
-Might still do the same.

The disadvantage of the new beast call is you don't get to choose when you summon your beast. You might get it just in the nick of time- or you might get it when your trying to run camo'ed from someone and someone from your pk walks in the area and you summon a falcon (Hint: if you're having trouble finding a ranger, leave the area, return and look for him/her or even his/her falcon).

0 0 0
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> Mocker's Tavern All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: