Forum Links 

Click to return to main page
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile  Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 
 Current Top Rated Killers 
 Next Event   Voting Links 

The event "Bad Blood - Gulgru vs Afales" is beginning in 4 days, 12 hours.

Shop Keepers

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> Mocker's Tavern
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bassball

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2006 12:48 am    Post subject: Shop Keepers

I think they have alot of gold(I have never killed one but and I have heard there is good loot when you do) but they never have enough to buy anything, you try to sell weapons from elemental canyon to them, and they never buy them because they are short on cash, can you do anything about this, maybe leave the loot the same but give them a heck of alot more gold to buy things?

0 0 0
Dminted

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2006 1:04 am    Post subject:

It sucks more when all the shop keepers in Valour, Seringale and Timarian are all broke. That happens quite a bit.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger

0 0 0
Davairus
Implementor

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2006 6:09 am    Post subject:

Type TASK.

0 0 0
Burzuk
Implementor

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2006 6:20 am    Post subject:

They have plenty of money. Your fellow players just beat you to them after reboots.

Still want more? Identify a full set of red dragons to see just how ridiculously easy making money would be if shopkeepers always had money all the time. In fact, tasking is rather quick and easy money to those of us who played our morts long before there were such things. You young whippersnappers should be thankful you didn't have to earn gold without tasks, while walking to school uphill both ways in the snow, etc.

0 0 0
_Clifton_
Emissary

Location: your and you're are not the same. they're, there, and their are not the same. learn to english.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2006 9:05 am    Post subject:

(translating Burzuk) walk to D'Al Kaddar. co 'turn undead'. smile.

0 0 0
Burzuk
Implementor

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2006 11:30 am    Post subject:

I think I've had all of two paladins or healers on AR. They were way too easy to play: my healer never even died, and I had to swear off rare eq altogether to keep the paladin remotely interesting from a competitive standpoint. (Why do you think I was the one who was pushing hard for changes such as stripping scrolls/locate/etc from paladins, changing dispel evil to dispel undead for healers, etc? And IMO both those classes are still far too easy to play today, still.) I do know that certain OOC groups had designated healer/paladin gold mules to multi gold off with though, and you can be sure that I came down hard on that practice once I had immed.

Which is also why you can't farm gold at Dal Kadar anymore these days, of course. Some of us had been purposely making do without those cheeses for a long, long time, so why should we let you kids enjoy them now?

0 0 0
trance_monkey

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2006 1:39 pm    Post subject:

Sometimes I almost wish they maybe had less gold at a time, but the gold came back more often.

What would be WAY cooler tho, is after a reboot

Make piles of gold just appear in random rooms around seringale and it'll be like an easter egg hunt!

0 0 0
Vhrael
Immortal

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2006 3:00 pm    Post subject:

The problem with introducing large amounts of currency into any economy is overinflation. Think paying 5-10k for a minor globe is too much? What if everybody has 500k in their bank account, and they start asking 50k for the minor globe, since money is devalued?

I think that the current system of competition over scarce resources is a good one. Marx would be proud.

0 0 0
Jamus

PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2006 1:28 am    Post subject:

- I'm pretty sure that turn undead disintegrates the money along with it.

0 0 0
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> Mocker's Tavern All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: