Forum Links 

Click to return to main page
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile  Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 
 Current Top Rated Killers 
 Next Event   Voting Links 

The event "Bad Blood - Gulgru vs Afales" is beginning in 5 days, 18 hours.

Most Deadly Combination
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  

Which is the most fearsome combination?
Firegiant Berserker
25%
 25%  [ 8 ]
Slith Warrior
3%
 3%  [ 1 ]
Human Invoker
9%
 9%  [ 3 ]
Human Shaman
32%
 32%  [ 10 ]
Halfling Thief
3%
 3%  [ 1 ]
Drow Ninja
9%
 9%  [ 3 ]
Drow Invoker
3%
 3%  [ 1 ]
Human Dark-Knight
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Human Monk
9%
 9%  [ 3 ]
Duergar Berserker
3%
 3%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 31

Kalist19
Emissary

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2006 7:05 pm    Post subject: Most Deadly Combination

What race/class combination absolutely horrifies you? Basically, if you got to pick a race/class *not* to fight, what would it be? Assume each combination is played by the same, highly competent player. (No good-only classes added - you can't be scared of them if they can't kill you).

0 0 0
Niub

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2006 7:16 pm    Post subject:

Yea, all of those combinations suck, but Firegiant Berserkers suck the most! Why? Well, at mid ranks if you have a persistant one, you just can't gain a damn rank! At high ranks, they are a little easier. At low 40's, I would say human invokers at level 50. Damn that hellstream. And if you have someone playing a monk, like me, they should be feared at all ranks above 30. All others... Eh, they can be brushed off relatively easy.

0 0 0
The Zealot

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2006 8:02 pm    Post subject:

Firegiant zerkers. Hell, any berserker really. I have a strong preference for high int/dex warrior-types which, consequently, means low HP. Trying to tank a raged fire zerker who's hitting a vuln, even for a few rounds, makes me want to cry. They're doubly scary with the new legacies - especially the damn 'your icicle sizzles and vanishes' one.

Also have a dislike of human Rangers, the switch/double-disarm or switch/bow-rape combos tend to obliterate me before I even realise what's going on. Shocked

0 0 0
Vhrael
Immortal

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2006 8:31 pm    Post subject:

I wonder how many votes for human shaman are more directed at "most pain in the ass to finish the job against" versus "most deadly to fight"...

0 0 0
Erlwith

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2006 8:33 pm    Post subject:

I think human shamans hands down. With no apparent racial weaknesses and the ability to massacre anyone who is unprepared for battle, as well as the ability to heal and quick preparation. Unlimited sanc, curing and word of recall. See invis and all that, fire giants take a back seat.

0 0 0
_Clifton_
Emissary

Location: your and you're are not the same. they're, there, and their are not the same. learn to english.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2006 8:53 pm    Post subject:

Competent player you say? Well, human monk all the way. There's a reason why monks can't be in cabals and that's because they're too powerful. Give a monk to a decent player, and he'll rape you three ways to sunday. Bolt, Trip, Thrash, and seven attacks a round with the === thrown in for good measure.

0 0 0
Elaedon

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2006 9:22 pm    Post subject:

Monks are pretty good...only five attacks per round, though. The thing that scares me most is a fire giant zerker...Stupid giant skin. Can't do more than a maul through it... Evil or Very Mad

0 0 0
Davairus
Implementor

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2006 9:39 pm    Post subject:

Only five attacks a round? Its still alot of attacks

0 0 0
Elaedon

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2006 10:34 pm    Post subject:

dual wielding warriors get eight...with higher averages...

0 0 0
Sethronu
Immortal

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2006 11:34 pm    Post subject:

avian necro and illithid illusionists would top out many of the suggestions above.. slith warrior doesn't have a place up there i think, in addition to the fact that they can only be neutral. not sure though about how scary ills are nowadays since i havent played any..

0 0 0
Vertas

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2006 1:08 am    Post subject:

In my experience, and im sure all of you will agree with me, its not the character thats deadly its the player. I've been able to beat a ton of human shaman with kelek a while back but could never beat rolf except for once when i got a lucky curse on him so he couldn't recall. Its all irrelevent, provided the player has enough knowledge about the characters strengths and has time to outfit him/her properly for any situation they should always win. Except in gang rape incidents...
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

0 0 0
Davairus
Implementor

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2006 1:38 am    Post subject:

strike of faith?

0 0 0
Vertas

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2006 3:03 am    Post subject:

yep it was, it was like right after you guys implimented it too so i think he was surprised or not paying attention and that was the mistake he made.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

0 0 0
Kalist19
Emissary

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2006 5:54 am    Post subject:

Seth I was going to put up those combinations but the poll space is limited. Also I didn't know sliths could only be neutral...that sucks. Why does nobody read what I fucking write? Vertas did you miss the part where I said ASSUME EACH COMBINATION IS PLAYED BY THE >>>>SAME<<<< PERSON!!!!!1ONE

Granted, player behind the character is a big deal, but say for instance you have to fight Ramod. Would you rather not fight Ramod if he were using a human shaman, a fire zerker, or a human invoker, or any of the others listed?

0 0 0
Slade
Emissary

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2006 7:04 am    Post subject:

Slith can be any alignment.

Why is invoker up there not once, but twice? I thought they were believed to be lacking.

Halfling thief? Yeah right. Annoying, not deadly.

0 0 0
Mendek

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2006 5:37 pm    Post subject:

Halfling thieves are very scary. Halfling warriors pwn.

Invokers are not lacking in the least last I saw, unless they're against a ranger or necromancer. Then they're fucked.

0 0 0
Sethronu
Immortal

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2006 6:54 pm    Post subject:

Kalist19 wrote:
Seth I was going to put up those combinations but the poll space is limited. Also I didn't know sliths could only be neutral...that sucks. Why does nobody read what I fucking write? Vertas did you miss the part where I said ASSUME EACH COMBINATION IS PLAYED BY THE >>>>SAME<<<< PERSON!!!!!1ONE

Granted, player behind the character is a big deal, but say for instance you have to fight Ramod. Would you rather not fight Ramod if he were using a human shaman, a fire zerker, or a human invoker, or any of the others listed?

heheh i retract that statement yea u can have evil sliths

i know space is limited or u'd put up more

was just sayin necro is pretty scary yo

0 0 0
trance_monkey

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2006 7:14 pm    Post subject:

In my experience, and I'm sure Kalist didn't even think about this, but it's not so much the character Or the player, but the luck you character has at the time and whether or not he has opal rings and the fiery dagger. every class can use that one.

fiery daggers pwn all.

0 0 0
Sethronu
Immortal

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2006 7:41 pm    Post subject:

haha yea definitely the luck skill has no part
and if you are losing you can disconnect and blame that

0 0 0
Davairus
Implementor

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2006 10:32 pm    Post subject:

Shamans don't have all that much offense with saves up and sanc maintained, they're kinda gimps that are difficult to kill. Keep sanc up. Should get worse for them when aff svs is actually worth a damn (notice all the shamans spamming harm/demonfire/etc)

0 0 0
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> Polls All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: