Forum Links 

Click to return to main page
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile  Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 
 Current Top Rated Killers 
 Next Event   Voting Links 

The event "Bad Blood - Gulgru vs Afales" is beginning in 5 days, 16 hours.

Well then
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> The Battlefield
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Esivole
Immortal

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2006 7:55 pm    Post subject: Well then

You know, I get slight pissed when every shaman randomly attacks a damn neutral. one had a half logical reason, death and gold. The other had no reason for the three times he killed me, with me being six ranks under him. now, with that I also find it odd that a healer hires a shaman to kill me while the healer is in range and attacking my group. contracts? maybe. but I didn't know contracts showed who made them, do tell me if they do. However, neutrals you would think have the least likely attempts at their lives. no. after dying four times and trying to re-equip and getting attacked again before I can get fully on my feet again by people with next to pointless reasons, quite sad. Oh well, maybe it is just me. And no, there is no way(unless you are ultimately skilled) for a rank 34 warrior to kill a rank 40 shaman who has weapon ward, flying, protective shield... and all that other nonsense, considering all my skills were just negated by those, give me some advice if I ever decide to play and get a character above rank 3.

0 0 0
Mendek

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2006 8:29 pm    Post subject:

murder, flee, murder, flee, murder flee. I've killed shaman that way with a healer, no reason you can't with a warrior.

0 0 0
Dahlin

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2006 8:44 pm    Post subject:

I've never seen that work when the warrior is 6 ranks under, and I've tried.

0 0 0
marsd

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2006 8:52 pm    Post subject:

Hah, I've worked that as a paladin 8 ranks under before against a 50 shaman. Well of course I had help from some cures by a healer and etc, but then again, the shaman had 8 ranks.

0 0 0
_Clifton_
Emissary

Location: your and you're are not the same. they're, there, and their are not the same. learn to english.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2006 8:54 pm    Post subject:

Human shaman are lame - they'll probably be nerfed in upcoming module some more. Getting nerfed with 7 rank disadvantage also sucks.

0 0 0
Esivole
Immortal

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2006 9:33 pm    Post subject:

Good, at least I know it is not just me. Anyone else get multi killed for no reason by shamans?

0 0 0
Gygh

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2006 12:30 am    Post subject:

Define good reason.

0 0 0
Esivole
Immortal

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2006 2:45 am    Post subject:

let me explain.
First Vorestis attacks my group, I assist auto- duh. I flee
he continues to attack me. I run around. And attack him, find him in town and attack him, Got wanted. (I knew there was a justice in town, just trying half way to be chaotic) I die.
So, I go to get some more eq from losing it to the justice.
Vorestis attacks and kills me. His reason "you attempted my life" or something close to that. Even though I was merely trying to defend myself.
Second, a healer attacks myself and another (we were grouped). We kill the healer. Vorestis attacks again, runs off, the healer attacks my group again, and right when the healer attacks, vorestis attacks. He kills me and I ask his reason. vorestis says "You have a nice price on your head, You messed with the wrong healer". Well then... evil helping good, or contract maybe? whatever.
(mind you I never got fully equiped between these)
I died to the cannon in the circus- shot me to gasterides - whoops. so-that counts as teleport. so lost all my stuff.
re-equip again.
Back to vorestis
the third time, he says "i was just scratching an itch"
none of the reasons are logical, in my opinion. So if anyone thinks they are. Screw yourself, You try re-equiping that many times from dying to a shaman you can do nothing against that is six ranks ahead of you. No skills work, no way, just flee and murder? yeah, with him out damaging me and harm. him landing dispel every time. drops my sanc and stuff that doesn't help. And then another shaman randomly attacks me. Kills me- reason "death and gold" so fuck it. I Was neutral, makes no sense for two shamans and healers to be attacking neutrals, especially the healer at that. but hey, maybe I was just contracted five times, Two shamans happen to both be from darkhaven and know exactly where I am all the time. whatever. maybe I am just confused or have a beacon on my head that says "slaughter me, I am weak"

0 0 0
Davairus
Implementor

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2006 3:27 am    Post subject:

Enlighten yourself:
http://abandonedrealms.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2416&start=36

0 0 0
Esivole
Immortal

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2006 3:56 am    Post subject:

multi killing?

0 0 0
Baer

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2006 4:01 am    Post subject:

A: Contract is a legit reason.

B: While I do agree that being attacked by a healer sucks, I'm wagering you were grouped with an evil, and are thus, helping evil, etc. etc. Generally legit reason for a goodie.

C: Itch to scratch. Again, legit. He's evil, probobly psychotic, and just an all around asshole.

Welcome to the high ranks.

0 0 0
Burzuk
Implementor

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2006 5:01 am    Post subject:

I would suggest that you begin to look at evils as being permanent threats as you get up into the higher levels. Those that aren't outright aggressive are almost always biding their time for a more opportune moment to strike. While we do sometimes intervene when things get excessive in the lower levels, at higher levels we're more inclined to leave mortals to self-policing themselves. Helpfiles such as HELP MULTIKILL make this clear. One of the main reasons why people join cabals is so that they'd have permanent friends to help them survive more easily at the higher levels.

Lone warriors can be vulnerable, particularly in the hands of weaker players. You may want to consider playing a clerical class for stronger healing abilities, or a class with stealth abilities (such as ranger or ninja) to help you stay alive. Improving your running skills and learning to grab saves eq quickly while re-eq'ing will also help you survive against shamans. Warriors by nature are designed to be strong with good equipment and very vulnerable when ill-equipped, so keep that in mind should you get killed while being a warrior. An illusionist, in contract, is much less fazed by death.

I'd devote your attention to focusing on your own character and playing abilities, rather than trying to play the "gotcha" game with extracting a story out of your attacker every time you're killed. Remember, the "I'm a psychotic killer" line of reasoning for evils is given more plausibility at higher levels.

Lastly, my advice to people complaining about level differences is always the same: play a human. I strongly believe that most people's first high-level character should be human, until they're finally experienced enough to take on higher exp races at higher levels (where level gaps can be pretty unforgiving).

0 0 0
Esivole
Immortal

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2006 5:05 am    Post subject:

I am not retarded, I know how the high ranks go. Give me a little credit. Damn that was annoying, anyway. plus, since when is rank 34 high rank? or is anything over ten high rank to you?
Yes contract is a good reason, The healer attacking me when the one I was grouped with was evil - perhaps, but not when my groupmate was hidden. plus the healers reason was "you attacked me" though I know full well he attacked me. If the reason was helping evil, he would have said it.

itch to scratch, no not a good reason, what that is really saying is "hey I know it pisses you off ooc, so I will do it again, and again, and again, and again..........." not psychotic. in anyway. and defianatly not after killing me that many times.

0 0 0
Esivole
Immortal

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2006 5:09 am    Post subject:

thank you burzuk for an actual respose. Seriously.

And I agree, I have played a human to fifty - twice, and didn't know halflings would have people six ranks ahead of them in their range that early, with such a small exp penalty. and I do agree that warriors rely on eq. But skills being negated completely is still rather sad. flee and murder, flee and murder..... whatever.

thanks for the advice though

0 0 0
Burzuk
Implementor

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2006 5:32 am    Post subject:

Other than dirt and prot shield, it's pretty much the same as before in terms of spellcasters' defensive spells. The skills that weapon ward protect against? Those didn't even exist before the combat module. As I see it, spellcasters now have 3 anti-combat spells they need to maintain at all times: fly, protective shield, and weapon ward. Chances are good that one of those will fail at an inopportune moment. And that's not including spells like sanctuary, protection, etc.

The hit-and-run tactic is more effective than it used to be against spellcasters because it also drags out the fight, giving spells a chance to lapse. Weapon ward in particular is very vulnerable to this, since its duration is pitifully short below the 50th level. A bit of hit-and-run to try to catch them with their ward down (time the ticks, stay away and then try to catch them in combat on tick), a hobble, an overhead when they stumble from fleeing to re-ward, and suddenly the tables are turned.

Of course, this works better with a str-based warrior race than a dex-based one. But apparantly Bepodo made a lot of people think dex-based warriors were stronger than they really are. We made the warrior skills str-biased on purpose; a 25 str overhead is just brutal, and may be more than a spellcaster can recover from.

That said, warriors are tough to play, and always have been. We gave them a lot of new skills to play with but we purposely did nothing to reduce their eq-dependency. They're very solid cabal characters though when they have friends to help cover for that particular vulnerability.

0 0 0
Kessor Natul

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2006 1:11 pm    Post subject:

Yeah, I saw someone get raped by two shamans at the same time too. Ii think it was Vorestis and one of his shaman friend things... Anyways yeah, kinda wierd for a HEALER to attack. Unless..... was it _rae_ something? Like Draek or braek? or something like that? Yeah. If so, he goes crazy shit. Killed me three times for absolutely no reason and got so pissed I deleted.... Watch out for him. Crazy bastard.

Yeah. The best way is to flee run. I saw someone else go against a sstronger shaman. Attacked and then instantly fled then returned, attacked, fled..... That made sure the shaman could not cast spells and crazy stuff, but still got damage in before fleeing... Then, shaman got wise and came into room he fled into. He walked out, walked in and attacked and fled..... In the end, shaman got slaughtered, warrior-guy had some small wounds and bruises....

0 0 0
Esivole
Immortal

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2006 8:11 pm    Post subject:

No the healer was Kylara.
And it is hard for me to flee, murder, etc.... on a lap top, anyone have some advice on how to set it up?

0 0 0
crazyhorse

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2006 11:04 pm    Post subject:

alias 1 di kylara

alias 2 murder kylara

alias 3 over kylara

alias 4 trip kylara (just in case)

And if you have any skills that you just cant fucking remember, (I use this for uncanny attack)

alias 5 uncanny

*Edit*
Uncanny was just an example btw, I realize warriors dont get it.

0 0 0
Esivole
Immortal

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2006 11:22 pm    Post subject:

yes, those too.
but it is the moving thing that gets me. I use my arrows for other things, so I have to press the blue button to be able to use my num pad, which is what I use. hmmph. any tips?

0 0 0
_Clifton_
Emissary

Location: your and you're are not the same. they're, there, and their are not the same. learn to english.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2006 11:23 pm    Post subject:

i've heard or using insert, del, home, end, pg up and pg down...

0 0 0
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> The Battlefield All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: