Forum Links 

Click to return to main page
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile  Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 
 Current Top Rated Killers 
 Next Event   Voting Links 

The event "Bad Blood - Gulgru vs Afales" is beginning in 6 days, 12 hours.

Henchmen
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> The Battlefield
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Vertas

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2006 6:39 am    Post subject: Henchmen

Yeah, the knights are using their henchmen to defend each other. I think its kinda retarded that the second they're attacked they flee to the Knights path, which isn't even inside their cabal and have their friends attack them with their footmen. The inteded use of henchmen was to stop lowbies from stealing the cabal item, but now their just being used for out of range assistance.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

0 0 0
crazyhorse

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2006 6:42 am    Post subject:

Amirlith and Riley used this against me. 100% lamo.

0 0 0
Vertas

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2006 6:45 am    Post subject:

Yeah me too, I even told them to review their code and they automatically assume that I have no knowledge about it... Full looted and everything, I'm pissed considering that now they're just using it for out of range assistance.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

0 0 0
_Clifton_
Emissary

Location: your and you're are not the same. they're, there, and their are not the same. learn to english.

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2006 6:56 am    Post subject:

You can summon from Knight path. Why not just try that?

0 0 0
Kessor Natul

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2006 1:12 pm    Post subject:

That is a good idea.... On a sidenote, clifton, what the hell is up with with your avatar? Scares the shit out of me....(literally)... Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked

0 0 0
Daesu

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2006 1:37 pm    Post subject:

I assume this is whining over that invo post by Amirlith

A) If you had previously attacked Waof, it was gay of him to run to castle. He was just inducted last night, give him some time.

B) If you had previously attacked him, you're still invading cabal grounds and ANY cabal would have responded same way. Cough cough justice cough cough. I'm not call OOC here, but as soon as I got wanted (again) last night Two more justices logged on and they all raped me with guards. That's cool tho, that's the game.

C) If you had not previously attacked him, you're invading cabal grounds flat out.

If you don't like this cabal ground stuff, summon away, or regroup and wait. Patience is a virtue and a good tactic, you could have waited for Waof to leave.

Not being in Knight's path = no gay henchmen. Lesson learned.

0 0 0
pip

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2006 4:12 pm    Post subject:

I think alot of people are starting to think that a solo Knight and the Knights cabal are the same thing. A cabal is basically like your house. When you have someone attacking, you don't want to bring them to your house because that is more dangerous and if they kill you they can take whatever they want. You want to keep them as far from it as possible.

0 0 0
Sethronu
Immortal

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2006 5:25 pm    Post subject:

yea well i'd expect that from legions (guerillas who dont care how they win as long as they do) more than i would from warlords or something.

but thats just my opinion of legions, some of you morts and imms think legions always need to be the badass lone dark knight that owns everyone regardless

0 0 0
Baer

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2006 8:16 pm    Post subject:

Vertas wrote:
Yeah me too, I even told them to review their code and they automatically assume that I have no knowledge about it... Full looted and everything, I'm pissed considering that now they're just using it for out of range assistance.

Unless you're character is a Knight, or you break into the cabal to read their code, your character shouldn't have any knowledge of the finer points of the Knight code. None.

0 0 0
Kedaleam
Immortal

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2006 8:32 pm    Post subject:

I do believe the purpose of the henchmen IS to get intruders out of the cabal... The second you saw the henchmen there you had the ability to leave the Knights path and maybe just wait for Waof to come out... Rather than take the beating from it... You should know what you get yourself into by entering cabal grounds like that...

0 0 0
Groq
Immortal

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2006 8:44 pm    Post subject:

Henchmen can only be used on the Knights path or in the Castle. It's sort of like a shot gun when you enter my lawn or house and I don't like you. If you don't want to be shot.. don't come onto the path or or into the castle. It was your choice to follow him on the path.. or even if you didn't follow and went in anywho then it's still your own damned fault. They can't use the henchmen any where else so use your brain. If all you see them doing is running to the path when there are higher Knights on then you have a complaint and you can send it in game. Someone will look into it but make sure it's a good complaint and you have something to back it up or you could piss someone off. Other than that just stay off the path or out of the castle and you'll never have to deal with a henchmen again.

0 0 0
Elaedon

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2006 9:14 pm    Post subject:

Quote:

It's sort of like a shot gun when you enter my lawn or house and I don't like you. If you don't want to be shot..

Couldn't have stated it better, Groq.

0 0 0
pip

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2006 9:20 pm    Post subject:

Yeah, but what happens if you shoot someone on your lawn and they have done nothing to endanger you? You get arrested. Perhaps making it where only henchman can attack people who have a cabal item on the Knights path and can attack anyone who is within the cabal. Because you can shoot someone who is in your house, but you can't shoot them for being on your lawn. Plan and simple.

0 0 0
Elaedon

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2006 9:22 pm    Post subject:

No, it shouldn't work that way. If people can get on the Knight path, the Knights will have no warning...besides, even if you will get arrested in real life for shooting someone on your lawn, who's going to arrest you in game? It's part of the game...setting up a howitzer in your house is good strategy, not cheating Wink

0 0 0
Groq
Immortal

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2006 9:33 pm    Post subject:

Ok to state it simple because I don't see it changing.. but I might be wrong have not a real clue on that. Stay off the Cabal paths and you cannot be touched by a henchmen. If you get on the path.. you can be. So you take your own risks. If Cabal members abuse it and only run to their paths when they have other people to use henchmen about then write a complaint and it will be looked into.

0 0 0
Vhrael
Immortal

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2006 9:45 pm    Post subject:

pip wrote:
Yeah, but what happens if you shoot someone on your lawn and they have done nothing to endanger you? You get arrested. Perhaps making it where only henchman can attack people who have a cabal item on the Knights path and can attack anyone who is within the cabal. Because you can shoot someone who is in your house, but you can't shoot them for being on your lawn. Plan and simple.

Uh, people walking onto your lawn aren't loaded down with dual-wielded swords or huge polearms, wearing spiked-steel armor and whatnot. This is a game...

0 0 0
Vertas

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2006 9:54 pm    Post subject:

Its not just Waof, it was Erdana too, the moment they're attacked thats where they run to, I even warned them that their code disagrees with that.

0 0 0
Gygh

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2006 9:54 pm    Post subject:

Vhrael wrote:

Uh, people walking onto your lawn aren't loaded down with dual-wielded swords or huge polearms, wearing spiked-steel armor and whatnot.

Maybe not in Texas... I live in Washington- it's different here.

0 0 0
DarkFire

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2006 10:07 pm    Post subject:

ok look you have a choice walk onto the path and take a chance at getting your ass kicked by a henchmen or stay away and try and fight in the shadow grove so they cant recall and you can always get to them and kill them. just an idea

0 0 0
_Clifton_
Emissary

Location: your and you're are not the same. they're, there, and their are not the same. learn to english.

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2006 10:38 pm    Post subject:

Vertas wrote:
Its not just Waof, it was Erdana too, the moment they're attacked thats where they run to, I even warned them that their code disagrees with that.

So let me get this straight, you expect Waof's player to sit in the open and take a gangbang by two rank-advantaged characters? You certainly had other methods with which you could've engaged Waof, but YOU chose to follow him into the Knights path. There's a nice big sign right in front of it that says "Stay out or you're gonna be smoted." Now if a Knight was going there in a one on one and using the henchman as OOR abuse, I could see this as a fairly viable and legitimate complaint.

0 0 0
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> The Battlefield All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: