Forum Links 

Click to return to main page
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile  Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 
 Current Top Rated Killers 
 Next Event   Voting Links 

The event "Bad Blood - Gulgru vs Afales" is beginning in 6 days, 20 hours.

Proper RP for different aligns, Good vs. Neutral

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Daesu

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2006 4:48 pm    Post subject: Proper RP for different aligns, Good vs. Neutral

Someone posted a good site once that explain all the different good/neut/evil law/neut/chaotic combinations and how they interact. Anyone still have that?

Mainly 'cos of this:

Quote:

Rakham wrote in another thread:

then ive got knights telling me they hate me becuase i defended myself and my group. what? this has happened twice now.

I'm not sure if he's talking about me, 'cos I didn't say I hated him.. I don't think.. but, I did say things like you have to die and i attacked his guild.

Because I sprung on a group of two evils and Rakham, who's neutral, he says I swung directly at him, I may have. I was going for one of them, but attacked randomly to separate them. Rakham was the one to finally kill me later, along with the other two who were chasing. Thus, Rakham became "Anathema"

Rakham had been very polite about it, and gave just cause for defending his group. But, seeing as a squire/knight is to take down anathema's at "all costs" I saw no other thing I could do to stay consistant but to hunt him down. After all, if a neutral associates with evils, then we're supposed to regard them as evil.

Rakham, though, through following interaction was a decent fellow that I didn't want to go kill.

Would there be a way to have squires/knights remove Anathema flags without killing? I can see how that would be abused by pussies who don't wanna go after someone, but in extenuating circumstances...?

0 0 0
_Clifton_
Emissary

Location: your and you're are not the same. they're, there, and their are not the same. learn to english.

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2006 5:02 pm    Post subject:

Knights have a hardline attitude, if you actively associating and aiding evils, you're generally not looked on with a much better attitude than they are. To me, this is the personality aspect of a neutral character. To answer your question, Executors can remove the anathema flag.

0 0 0
rakham

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2006 5:43 pm    Post subject:

i wasnt referring to you, daesu. youve been nothing but awesome, and i know you were just doing your job. what i was referring to was last night i was going around looking for eq since my own group killed me the other eve, and in comes a knight to kill the shaman i was travelling with. he ended up dying right there. we didnt give chase or anything. i looted what i could, which with my low str, turned out to be one sword, which i returned to him when he came back to his corpse. that earned me the anathema flag and he told me he hated me.

im not trying to get anyone into trouble, but that just seems bloodthirsty and defenitely not 'good' rp.

0 0 0
Groq
Immortal

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2006 9:25 pm    Post subject:

For me as a Knight if you travel with someone that is evil and I come along and attack(well I would tell you to go away first).. then you help him kill me even if your in the group or not, to me your siding with evil. If you do get an anathema flag then I don't care what the situations you will be hunted down and killed unless it was a duel gone bad or something that was really a total accident. You do have the choice to flee and not help the shaman that is with you if you help and get yourself a flag then you deserved it for helping. Knights kill evil that's their job, if you get in the way and help the evil then in turn you need to be killed. Think that covers everything but I usually just ramble on.

0 0 0
rakham

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2006 10:14 pm    Post subject:

i understand.

lets say, though, that now im really angry at being killed twice now for stiking up for myself and my friends, so i decide to go after the knights, since i know they will come after me. will i get turned evil if i manage to kill a few of them?

and as for running with evils making me evil, i can understand your character thinks that way, but my character judges people on their actions, so im not intentionally hanging out with evils, im just hanging out with people who are decent to me. i just wanted to clear that up in case an align change would be in order for the above scenario.

i personally dont see how an organization would be so bloodthirsty and remain 'good'. i mean, if violence is the only plan youve got, then that sounds sort of, well, evil. a good person would attempt to persuade me to leave the evil person, not just because he has a 'red aura', but because of certain deeds he has done to deserve being punished.

just my thoughts on the matter.

0 0 0
bassball

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2006 10:28 pm    Post subject:

Alright.....

You say you judge people by actions, so do Knights, we dont kill people because of red auras we kill them because they are anathema, which means they have killed an innocent, which means they are evil, auras have nothing to do with it, plus, by 'hanging out' with anathemas, and attacking Knights, to help anathemas, means you are performing 'actions' that make you evil.....
If you kill a Knight, or a squire, or any Lightwalker for that matter, you will be marked anathema, and the Knights will come and kill you, because you are considered evil because you have killed someone that the Knights protect, so, they continue protecting them by killing the anathema, so..... if you don't want Knights on your back, and people calling you evil, act like a neutral and dont get youself caught up in the middle of things, when you were firsted marked anathema, you WERE guilty, you said you were helping friends, so what, you attacked a squire, chased him into the sewers and killed him there, once you start chasing people into the sewers, you are far beyond the defensive mode

those are my thoughts on the matter

0 0 0
jaran
Immortal

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2006 10:29 pm    Post subject:

Knights are aggressive and pretty fanatical against evils - if you cant be converted from evil then you are a target.

They do have strict virtues they should uphold of course, but Knights should be aggressive and actively looking to purge evil.

Against neutrals they should only really act if attacked or if the neutral has been actively aiding evils and deemed to be a threat.

0 0 0
rakham

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2006 10:51 pm    Post subject:

yes, bassball, i understand what you are saying, but that wasnt really the point of my post. i know that if i help someone against a knight, im going to get marked. i can deal with the organization and their actions, for its part of the world as a whole. im not saying that they are, but if they want to, they can do evil deeds under the guise of goodness. thats all IC issues, and i dont think thats what this forum is really intended for.

what i was wondering about, though, was if my character would get turned evil if i decided to fight the knights? my character feels he has just cause, and if i were to be turned evil, i would continue to be polite, kind and helpful, which are qualities i think that keep my character from becoming evil.

its just a question, please dont lecture me.

0 0 0
Burzuk
Implementor

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2006 1:24 am    Post subject:

A lone neutral trying to take on an entire ideological good-aligned organization is like Don Quixote tilting at windmills.

Anathemas wear off after death. After Knights have killed you, having your anathema removed means that you're just an another inconsequential neutral person to them again unless you decide to hold a grudge and escalate the situation. It's your call whether the grudge is worth being anathema'd again and invite yourself to become the subject of Knight gangbangs. Or maybe you can just let the issue drop.

Will you be attacked if you hinder Knights from taking out their evil target? You bet. You can leave the Knights and evils alone to their own fighting -- or if you don't, the Knights will interpret your assisting their target as an attack against the Knights themselves. Your choice.

As for repeatedly attacking Knights as a neutral: yes, a neutral who repeatedly attacks any party that had no quarrel with them would be grounds for possible align change, but it really depends on the extremity of the situation. Keep in mind, once you're no longer anathema'd or hindering their attacks, the Knight cabal no longer has any beef with you since you're still neutral, after all. As for the individuals within the cabals though, that depends on the nature of your interactions with them and what was said. You may see attacking those individuals as simply "continuing what they started", but they (and the Imms) will see it as you being overtly aggressive since the Knight cabal has already dropped the issue, and your continued attacking may lead to an align change if you carry it too far -- or more likely, simply you being killed by the combined forces of the Knights.

Or windmills.

0 0 0
rakham

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2006 1:46 am    Post subject:

*readies his lance as he charges his horse into the giants*

right. i understand what youre saying, and like i said, i understand the IC implications of my actions. im not saying i want to do anything like kill knights. half of them are my friends, but the other half want blood from anything with a beating heart. no matter what, rakham is going to defend himself with force when attacked. if its knight policy to attack first and take names later, then theres gonna be some conflict. its also obvious that if it happens more than a few times, its not going to stop, so the best way to deal with it is to take the offensive, because as ive lerned about pk, the attacker usually always wins. that doesnt strike me as evil, more of 'victim of circumstance'.

like i said, i know that if i defend myself, ive got to take on the entire cabal. thats fine. im just wondering why taking on an organization that struck first blood is evil. i mean, from an IC point of view, couldnt the cabal be corrupt?

0 0 0
_Clifton_
Emissary

Location: your and you're are not the same. they're, there, and their are not the same. learn to english.

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2006 1:58 am    Post subject:

Have you ever read 'Help Knights'? It goes through the general philosophy of Knights there. Also read 'Help Anathema' as that'll explain why Knights are out for blood.

0 0 0
Revaqin

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2006 3:21 am    Post subject:

To put in another point, there's this most wanted list. Anyone who pk's enough Valourian goodies gets on most wanted and you get hunted as well.

0 0 0
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> Roleplaying All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: