Forum Links 

Click to return to main page
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile  Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 
 Current Top Rated Killers 
 Next Event   Voting Links 

The event "Bad Blood - Gulgru vs Afales" is beginning in 6 days, 1 hour.

primary accuracy w/ dual wielding

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jamus

PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2006 7:59 pm    Post subject: primary accuracy w/ dual wielding

How come I hit way more with my primary when I'm wielding a shield, then when I am dualing?

And I hit way more raged, too. Why is that?

Also, I land bodyslam (str 25 dex 16, mastered) about once every 20 times, and "land" rage once every ten (prof 89). There HAS to be something screwed up about that.

0 0 0
Vhrael
Immortal

PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2006 9:42 pm    Post subject:

Log 1000 rounds of combat, being sure to note your hitroll/damroll, with weapon + shield, then another 1000 while dual wielding. Then do the same while raged for each. Tally up the number of attacks with your primary weapon each round, while factoring in your proficiency in 2nd and 3rd attack, and average it out to find the average attacks per round. Then see if there's as big of a discrepancy as you think.

It could be something like your shield adds more hitroll than your dual wield weapon does, or it could be that you're just getting crap random numbers in relation to your 2nd/3rd attacks while dual wielding, which creates the illusion of "more attacks" while wearing a shield.

0 0 0
Jamus

PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2006 9:47 pm    Post subject:

Shield doesn't add any hitroll, and offhand and primary weapons are calculated separately, so the offhand shouldn't have any effect on the primary.

Not an illusion, I promise. With a shield, I would usually hit a little over twice a round, with a dual wield, I would hit less than once each round, average. I would just miss.

0 0 0
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> Newbie Q/A All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: