Forum Links 

Click to return to main page
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile  Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 
 Current Top Rated Killers 
 Next Event   Voting Links 

The event "Bad Blood - Gulgru vs Afales" is beginning in 6 days, 6 hours.

outcast

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jamus

PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2006 12:49 am    Post subject: outcast

What happens to you when you get outcasted?

0 0 0
Slade
Emissary

PostPosted: Sun Jul 02, 2006 5:16 am    Post subject:

Lose some skills, have to train somewhere else. Someone elaborate??

0 0 0
Adebaldi

PostPosted: Sun Jul 02, 2006 9:29 pm    Post subject:

Classes that have to commune spells can't use them anymore.

0 0 0
Davairus
Implementor

PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2006 3:36 am    Post subject:

The outcast flag is an Immortal punishment for straying from your alignment/ethos. Consequences can range from light to heavy based on how close to that you are expected to remain. For example, an outcasted gnome would lose spells. The lightest you can get away with is having to practice things in darkhaven and having other guilds turn you away.

0 0 0
Slade
Emissary

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2006 7:06 am    Post subject:

So the skills taken are handpicked by imms then. Throwing out the abusers (keeping with gnome example, lets say a gnome invoker is walking around attacking everyone, yeah, he'd deserve to lose hellstream and whatever else), what if it was more RP. Say a gnome thief who converts to good, theres some RP in there, etc. Is he going to find himself losing big stuff like dirt, hide, blackjack, or whatever to convert? What if later on he starts helping knights and maybe hunting legion every now and then, etc?

0 0 0
E-ant

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2006 8:51 am    Post subject:

Gnomes are not supposed to be good and being a one in a million gnome, you're lucky to get away with only losing dirt, hide, blackjack, backstab, steal, pry, sneak, sidestep, clobber, uncanny, enh damage, most weapons and dodge/counterbalance. Trust me, I've been doing this for over 6 years.

0 0 0
Vanisse
Immortal

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2006 11:46 am    Post subject:

"Trust me, I've been doing this for over 6 years."
translation: i've been alive for (a little) over six years... Rolling Eyes children

how you are penalized depends on the situation. if, to continue using your example, said gnome was a brilliant rper, there might be a chance (and by that i mean very slim) that you could pull off being outcasted, but the consequences of suddenly having a legitimate excuse to blackjack evils as you please would probably be rather heavy, aside from the whole "one in a million gnome" thing e-ant remarked.

i doubt dav would go through the trouble to turn your char into a unique combo for "some rp", though, so it would be more likely that you would help knights anyway, get a reputation of favoring lightwalkers, and get squashed repeatedly by legion fire berserkers. in which case you might as well go with an elf.

0 0 0
Davairus
Implementor

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2006 4:57 pm    Post subject:

No the spells arent handpicked - if a character is align/ethos changed out of his legal combinations (for example, a drow ninja turned neutral, or any necro turned good) spells simply dont work. Its possible to turn a human invoker from evil to good without skill losses, still get the slays though.

0 0 0
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> Newbie Q/A All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: