Forum Links 

Click to return to main page
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile  Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 
 Current Top Rated Killers 
 Next Event   Voting Links 

The event "Bad Blood - Gulgru vs Afales" is beginning in 5 days, 14 hours.

Charm person

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> The Battlefield
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Smotpoker

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2006 2:03 am    Post subject: Charm person

What are some good mobs to charm? I know of the barbians with the thick animal hides but anything else?

0 0 0
Soldier

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2006 10:48 am    Post subject:

Triton watchmen autohasted power = bestow upon your opponent an asswoopin of gods. And if your a illusionist triton and timbers.

0 0 0
The Zealot

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2006 11:41 am    Post subject:

At 38, when you first get charm, it's a bit difficult. The mountain barbarian is also 38, so he's hard to charm, although there are some perks to trying when compared with other mobs. The thing is, I wouldn't suggest trying to charm a mob you don't have at least a couple of ranks on, since lacking blind means you'll get raped if you fail. Dirt/flee/charm/flee is no fun, trust me - especially in the middle of a drawn-out fight.

Other than that, use consider a lot. The ford is a good place to start at the mid-ranks, with vicious warriors and tough guards - though be careful if you fail - they hurt. Others include enraged titans and such. That will probably be your staple until you get into the forties, where more options are open to you.

Some people swear by Bjorn and Justiciers in the high 30s, but having tried them in fights, I don't remember ever seeing them actually hit the other guy. It's your choice.

And Timbers vanished before I even started playing this game, so that's a bit out of date, I think.

0 0 0
Rezakhan

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2006 2:32 pm    Post subject:

If it's still in the game, the shadow gorgon in Tyr Unguld (the one holding the fear) was good at low ranks because it also was autohasted.

0 0 0
Grayden

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2006 7:40 pm    Post subject:

The mountain barbarian was good because you could cast invis if you fail. or don't feel like screwing with him after the charm leaves his mind. I would suggest anything that cannot see invis, but the barbarian may have changed.

Grayden Grim of the Bloody Fields of Flesh

0 0 0
Davairus
Implementor

PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2006 1:28 pm    Post subject:

You don't need a mob that can't see invis, all you have to do is dirt kick it. While its blind, you can flee and attempt charm again..

Justiciers are reliable and easy summonable charms in high levels, considering the complete ass-whupping a dark-knight can recieve trying to charm a triton watchman nowadays being dodgeless, its worth having these to fall back on. If I was going to pick a charmie just to lug around some crap for me (for gambling etc), it'd be this for sure. Mountain barbarians arent that much better since they don't dirt while charmed anymore, making it just a liability for trying to charm one.. although charming a barb is a fast way to get a decent weapon after youve been pked. Charm person has other uses besides just gaining a "big powerful mob", you can charm and move lots of things. Like charming a gate guard to hide the key, or charming the levelling mobs and parking them somewhere out of the way. Lots of potential.

If you're not sure if something is charmable, ask an illusionist to dupe it. The mobs that can be charmed and duped are almost identical sets - illusionists might also be able to dupe aggressives, I forgot. But your charm options are really pretty wide. Its a flag specified on the mob, same way some mobs (like guild guards) can't be summoned. There are many, many charmable mobs, and also a lot you can't. The safest and quickest way to explore the possibilities is an illusionist - you'd probably be better off just learning what you can charm with an illusionist first, then moving onto the DKN with the knowledge already, dark-knights aren't very newbie-friendly in this aspect.

And finally if you're going to charm something, do keep in mind its going to be hunting you the second that wears off. Meaning if you went pk'ing and had Mab or something, there's a really good chance of it finishing you off. Especially if you drop link. Its a possibly deadly risk. So don't just try to charm the biggest thing you can find. Look for the useful niche things, like a mob wielding a dagger to use vs a paladin, or a polearm wielder for vs a ranger, and so on. There isn't a straight answer for the question "Whats the best charmie?" Try the ford for a starting place.

0 0 0
Grayden

PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2006 7:39 pm    Post subject:

If you are truely evil, charm a hobbit or elf. This way if a goodie attacks you and you flee, they will be damned when they kill your charmie. Funny and devistating to thoes who rely on their gods help.

Grayden Grim the manipulator

0 0 0
Rezakhan

PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2006 8:44 pm    Post subject:

I thought good-align charmies/illusions wouldn't attack good-align characters?

0 0 0
Mr. Forgotten

PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2006 9:51 pm    Post subject:

charmed creatures are held by the charm person spell, forced to do what the master wants, of course some things it wont do, but it'll most likely attack another good aligned

0 0 0
m1co

PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2006 6:49 am    Post subject:

Don't charm anything that moves.

0 0 0
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> The Battlefield All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: