Forum Links 

Click to return to main page
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile  Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 
 Current Top Rated Killers 
 Next Event   Voting Links 

The event "Bad Blood - Gulgru vs Afales" is beginning in 6 days, 11 hours.

Playerkilling Statistics for Dec 2006

View previous topic :: View next topic  
The Reaper

PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2007 11:33 am    Post subject: Playerkilling Statistics for Dec 2006

Code:

[KNIGHT]

Lynelle:  kills  8, deaths 12
      Ballik:  kills  7, deaths 17
     Naiirok:  kills  2, deaths  6
        Zaos:  kills  1, deaths  8
      Kavion:  kills  1, deaths  3
   Teldorian:  kills  0, deaths  5

TOTAL:  kills 19, deaths 51 (efficiency 27%)

[LEGION]

Mortumar:  kills  6, deaths  0
     Rigwarl:  kills  5, deaths  1
     Cythlan:  kills  4, deaths  2
     Ranthor:  kills  3, deaths  0
      Xivorn:  kills  1, deaths  3
      Trakar:  kills  1, deaths  6
     Desavin:  kills  0, deaths  1
      Bindar:  kills  0, deaths 11
      Xphorn:  kills  0, deaths  2

TOTAL:  kills 20, deaths 26 (efficiency 43%)

[JUSTICE]

Ruzaos:  kills  7, deaths  6
      Harlen:  kills  5, deaths  5
       Zarat:  kills  3, deaths  1
        Waeb:  kills  2, deaths  1
       Astev:  kills  2, deaths  1
      Grunky:  kills  1, deaths  0
      Hesper:  kills  1, deaths  0
      Sryeva:  kills  1, deaths  7
     Waerren:  kills  0, deaths  2

TOTAL:  kills 22, deaths 23 (efficiency 48%)

[KEEPER]

[UNCABALLED]

Phaladrin:  kills 10, deaths 12
       Telis:  kills  8, deaths  4
       Zuula:  kills  7, deaths 10
 Pricolicion:  kills  7, deaths  6
    Thrumgul:  kills  7, deaths  0
      Wuilan:  kills  7, deaths  1
     Neejard:  kills  6, deaths  4
      Mernix:  kills  6, deaths  4
      Kioran:  kills  6, deaths  2

[WORST MATCHUPS]

Phaladrin vs Zanthul       4- 0
      Mernix vs Kioroy        3- 0
    Gurthang vs Kiare         3- 0
     Neejard vs Melenn        3- 0
       Zuula vs Ballik        3- 0

[MOST LETHAL]

[MOST ABUSED]

Ballik:  kills  7, deaths 17
        Glin:  kills  0, deaths 13
      Lenore:  kills  1, deaths 12
       Kiare:  kills  5, deaths 12
     Lynelle:  kills  8, deaths 12

115 pkers have scored a bodycount of 379.

0 0 0
jaran
Immortal

PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2007 11:51 am    Post subject:

They seem a bit wierd -

how is: Pricolicion: kills 7, deaths 6

more lethal than: Wuilan: kills 7, deaths 1

for example..

Razz

0 0 0
Burzuk
Implementor

PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2007 11:57 am    Post subject:

PK penalties. The "ranking" algorithm uses the "raw" uncorrected PK stats, but the "display" algorithm displays the corrected PK stats instead. So for example, Neejard actually had more raw kills than 6 this month (hence knocking Wuilan off the most lethal list), but only 6 after correcting for multikills, etc.

Also, "invisible" PK penalties can cause PK stats to not necessarily show up in their apparent correct orders. For instance, Nov 2006's Knight stats are also out of order for similar reasons.

0 0 0
Davairus
Implementor

PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2007 12:20 pm    Post subject:

In the event of a legitimate tie, the tie-breaker is the tally of victim's levels. Pricolicion killed higher ranked players in other words. And Zuula popped a whole bunch of people with levels over him. Looks fine to me.

0 0 0
jaran
Immortal

PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2007 12:25 pm    Post subject:

Cool, thanks for clearin that up!

0 0 0
_Clifton_
Emissary

Location: your and you're are not the same. they're, there, and their are not the same. learn to english.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2007 5:57 am    Post subject:

Code:

[MOST LETHAL]

That seems awkward -- no caballed chars on the list, minus Zuula who was caballed mid month. Also, all the cabals have under 50% efficiency.

0 0 0
Burzuk
Implementor

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2007 6:14 am    Post subject:

That's because most of those are sub-50 chars, which is why months ago I had moved for monthly PK stats to focus on 50 combat only since the lower in levels you go, the easier it is to rack up lots of kills in a short time. This proved unpopular though, since it seems you players would actually prefer skewed stats showcasing your non-50 chars. Personally I'm still in favor of biasing monthly stats toward 50's combat again, especially since most caballed chars are 50. If you're not 50, your PK achievements don't mean a whole lot in my eyes. (You can certainly win PK's, but you don't achieve much from sub-50 fights.)

Also, efficiencies will usually be under 50%, due to mobdeaths. Same as the delete PK records.

0 0 0
Davairus
Implementor

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2007 2:32 pm    Post subject:

I have no idea how Neejard only bumped Wuilan off the most lethal list. If a character appears higher in uncaballed, then he should have appeared higher on that one too.. its just a print of the same list, minus all the filters. I really don't know what went wrong there. Very strange stuff. Hopefully the problem will surface again this month so I can catch it red-handed and fix it.

0 0 0
Erlwith

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2007 2:58 pm    Post subject:

It's nice seeing your name on the list pre-50, but I agree with Burzuk. It means very little to kill a bunch of players at 40 and they really shouldn't be counted, or their kills should count for less.

0 0 0
Davairus
Implementor

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2007 5:07 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
It means very little to kill a bunch of players at 40

Uhhh... does anyone else think thats a crock of shit, or is it just me? Serious question. Reading that made me feel really out of touch.

0 0 0
Erlwith

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2007 7:02 pm    Post subject:

You think it's harder or just as 'easy' to rack up valid PKs at 40 as it is at 50?

That's what sounds like a crock to me.

0 0 0
_Clifton_
Emissary

Location: your and you're are not the same. they're, there, and their are not the same. learn to english.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2007 8:34 pm    Post subject:

Davairus wrote:
I have no idea how Neejard only bumped Wuilan off the most lethal list. If a character appears higher in uncaballed, then he should have appeared higher on that one too.. its just a print of the same list, minus all the filters. I really don't know what went wrong there. Very strange stuff. Hopefully the problem will surface again this month so I can catch it red-handed and fix it.

"The "ranking" algorithm uses the "raw" uncorrected PK stats, but the "display" algorithm displays the corrected PK stats instead. So for example, Neejard actually had more raw kills than 6 this month (hence knocking Wuilan off the most lethal list), but only 6 after correcting for multikills, etc. "

The problem with pk'ing below 50 is someone will bitch you're trashy and whine and ask why you're pk'ing a noobie. (I've had this done by both a neutral bard and drow necro). It seems like pk'ing below 50 is also discouraged nowadays by Imms.

0 0 0
trance_monkey

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2007 8:50 pm    Post subject:

Every class has niches, some are easier and some are harder at 40, though most "niche" ranks are typically between 25-35.

I'm going to call shenanigans on it being a crock of shit at 40, and that it makes you trashy. There's already penalties put in place to account for "trashy" characters. If a guy knows how to play his cards right, you can rack up a lot of PKs before 50. And if you were NOT allow to do that, then there would be no PK before 50 at all. Period. If you abuse it and go power hungry, you'll get penalized. Seems ok to me.

Frankly, anyone complaining about PKs at any level is kind of a douche and needs to get a grip on what game they're actually playing.

p.s.

don't fucking PK my level 12 bard you douches!!11 gawd i hate that.

0 0 0
Stephen2_Aust

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2007 9:27 pm    Post subject:

My 2 cents = PK freely! Level 40 is a good level to PK at... BTW isn't that the Squire rank?

Personally I would start the PK flag at 20 or so, though, to prevent 100 hp characters getting 2 hit killed by naughty giants.

0 0 0
Burzuk
Implementor

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2007 12:46 am    Post subject:

Oh, I like seeing PKs at all levels, so long as it's reasonable and not trashy/excessive. Players do have to wade in somewhere before they start swimming with the real sharks. However, posting stats is a way of honoring our players' PK achievements, and it looks silly to have the monthly PK stats dominated by people with less competitive PK ranges at the lower levels. Again, I look at it from an achievement angle -- do we really want to send the message that our mud's best PKing achievements are done sub-50?

Yes, PKing from 36-49 do matter and are indeed factored into final PK tallies, but we've also taken steps to ensure that sub-50 PKs wouldn' dominate the end-of-year list (via weighing of level 50 PK stats, anti-niching PK penalties, etc), and the process for the end-of-year top 10 is pretty bulletproof. Compared to that, the monthly PK stats are much more skewed, with sub-50's being significantly overrepresented when looking at things from a pure achievement angle.

0 0 0
Davairus
Implementor

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2007 2:18 am    Post subject:

Erlwith wrote:
You think it's harder or just as 'easy' to rack up valid PKs at 40 as it is at 50?

I wasn't disputing that. Calling level 40 pk "meaningless" is what I objected to.

0 0 0
Devin_Smoth

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2007 11:00 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
I wasn't disputing that. Calling level 40 pk "meaningless" is what I objected to.

I agree with Dav here. Why isn't pk at level 40 meaningful? I could see what you meant if the guy spent months at level 40 just pking, but when you're actually working on getting up in the ranks, what difference does it make if they're at level 40 or not? They're trying anyway. Wink

0 0 0
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> PK stats All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: