Forum Links 

Click to return to main page
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile  Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 
 Current Top Rated Killers 
 Next Event   Voting Links 

The event "Bad Blood - Gulgru vs Afales" is beginning in 6 days, 5 hours.

Favoured weapons

View previous topic :: View next topic  
MrCarb

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2007 5:30 pm    Post subject: Favoured weapons

Just a couple of questions about favoured weapon bonuses:

When do they kick in?

Do they scale with levels? (and is the bonus in the help files applicable to level 50?)

Its just that I have a warrior in the 20s and don't get any hit/dam bonus with my favoured weapon (unless the bonus is invisible). Is this right?

0 0 0
trance_monkey

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2007 7:28 pm    Post subject:

The bonuses do scale to level, so you won't see the full bonus until 50.

They also do not stack with the weapons own stats. If you get +0/+5 for a favored weapon and it already gives +4/+5, you won't see any increase at all. And, if you're still only level 20, your bonus may only be +0/+1 or +2. Try finding a completely "blank" weapon of your type and try. Like a dark horseman's longsword or something else with no +anything.

0 0 0
Burzuk
Implementor

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2007 8:07 pm    Post subject:

Favoured weapon bonuses also scale with lore, so you won't be seeing any bonuses at all until you've gotten lore at level 21. If you're playing a warrior, you should definitely practice your lore up to 75%, then make a habit out of sacrificing everything on the ground that isn't nailed down so that you can keep raising your lore. It's slow, but it's also a much easier method than using the loring skill on items manually. Having a having high lore will be worth a few points of favoured weapon bonuses down the line. I've already seen a level 20-something half-elven warrior with lore in the 80%'s. Be sure to sacrifice all the items left behind by mobs as you level in places like Emerald Forest, Solace, etc, as well as anything you encounter that's been left behind by other people. It's free gold and, more importantly, potential extra hit/dam.

0 0 0
MrCarb

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2007 9:26 pm    Post subject:

Thanks. I had no idea it was connected to lore, and no idea that lore could be increased by sacrificing things. Anyway, it seems that favoured weapons isn't the big deal i'd thought it was, since it'll normaly be cancelled by bonuses inherent in the weapon.

Thanks again for all the information. Smile

0 0 0
crazyhorse

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2007 9:35 pm    Post subject:

*blink*

If you are a slith, Onyx lance is like...badass.

Double gripped, its ave 25 +7 +4 double enhanced damage and overhead...

Sac stuff you idiot. Weapons can get CRAZY.

0 0 0
MrCarb

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2007 10:28 pm    Post subject:

Yea, well that's great, but you'd achieve the same sort of thing pretty quickly so long as you can find an invoker, and most of those really great weapons come with decent bonuses anyway. Still handy to have a favoured weapon of couirse...particularly for half-elves. But you can imagine how buff I THOUGHT it was going to be when i thought it stacked with enchantment.

0 0 0
Erlwith

PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2007 12:54 am    Post subject:

If you sacrifice something for 0 gold does it still have a chance to raise lore?

0 0 0
Jamus

PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2007 2:10 am    Post subject:

"Lore can be improved by sacrificing items, especially more powerful items that are rare or unique."

I would say that it really has no effect.

0 0 0
Davairus
Implementor

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2007 5:04 pm    Post subject:

MrCarb wrote:
Yea, well that's great, but you'd achieve the same sort of thing pretty quickly so long as you can find an invoker, and most of those really great weapons come with decent bonuses anyway. Still handy to have a favoured weapon of couirse...particularly for half-elves. But you can imagine how buff I THOUGHT it was going to be when i thought it stacked with enchantment.

Some points you didn't consider:

1) Everybody eventually gets pked/looted.

When that happens, would you rather have the favored bonuses, or find an invoker again? Would you rather your enemy take away sweet 7/7 weapons, or crap ones you just pumped up with your favoreds.

2) Not all weapons are necessarily better to get enchanted.

Some weapons (especially rares) come with weird bonuses like, +50 hp, or -2 hit 7 damroll. In that case, having your favored override the -2 hitroll with just a +2 hit instead makes a damn fine weapon. Being able to boost the hit/dam with a favored is much better when there's a property you don't want to fade. If you blow a rare weapon up its gone for good, and you probably won't be able to retrieve it again. Perfect example here, ebony kris, which has a +2 dex and +5 dam. Is that not ideal for a +hitroll favored?

3) Invokers enchant weapon is a "fixeable" skill.

If we're really convinced enchant weapon makes favored weapons redundant we can simply make it not so, and you can love your favored weapon skill because now its all you've got... yep...

0 0 0
Devin_Smoth

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2007 6:18 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
Invokers enchant weapon is a "fixeable" skill.

No, no, please no.

As to the favoured weapon thing, thanks for the info on the lore thing. I had no idea that the lore was even important... I usually don't practice it at all. Wink

0 0 0
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> Newbie Q/A All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: