Forum Links 

Click to return to main page
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile  Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 
 Current Top Rated Killers 
 Next Event   Voting Links 

The event "Bad Blood - Gulgru vs Afales" is beginning in 6 days, 0 hour.

Dark Knight Strategies
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> The Battlefield
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Smotpoker

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2007 9:42 am    Post subject: Dark Knight Strategies

I know the whole lightning bolt crap at low lvls but what about for 25+?

0 0 0
Slade
Emissary

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2007 12:54 am    Post subject:

Step 1: Use the search button
Step 2: Type in dark knight
Step 3: Find dark knight guide thread
Step 4: ???????
Step 5: Take over the world

0 0 0
Vertas

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2007 2:38 am    Post subject:

Keep sanc up. Stay in weapon advantage. Spam bash.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

0 0 0
Davairus
Implementor

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2007 2:45 am    Post subject:

Vertas wrote:
Keep sanc up. Stay in weapon advantage. Spam bash.

Hah, good luck with that..

0 0 0
jaran
Immortal

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2007 9:06 am    Post subject:

Spam fireball.

@_@

0 0 0
Dahlin

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2007 11:02 am    Post subject:

Frenzy, unholy strength, try to kill the other guy before it wears off, and run like fuck if you can't. The word 'try' includes all those other skills and spells the DK has.

0 0 0
MrCarb

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2007 11:33 am    Post subject:

From what I've seen of unholy strength, just running after them spamming murder should be a pretty good bet. I've seen dark knights do crazy damage in really mediocre eq. If they insist on staying in combat with you then fireball. If they have counter then engage with lightning bolt instead of murder. Oh, and DKs have harm right? throw that in at the end.
I'm not sure how useful bash is to a class without hobble at the moment.

0 0 0
raginggnome

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2007 8:44 pm    Post subject:

well for my dk, i normally just try and keep weapon advantage and pretty much save unholy strength for the end... if you a good runner you can keep running and casting it till you frenzy, and the other guy doesnt expect you turn around and start ***DEMOLISH*** him and shit beacause he forgot to keep his potions up while you
were running. it actually works quite a bit and if you don't use it right away you wont get drained during the fight.

0 0 0
Grayden

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2007 7:15 am    Post subject:

Tips:
• Dark-knights don't fight well flying, so consider investing trains into movement.
• Stay out of inferior combat style matchups, to avoid getting hobbled.
• Use 'summon' to maintain a surplus of purple potions.
• Focus on improving DAMROLL and SAVES, dark-knights use physical force, but must be wary of spells like wrath due to their evil alignment.
• Judicious usage of cure light can quickly turn around a bad situation.
• Spells like blindness can be used to pick off people who aren't protected against maledictive.
• 'Charm person' adds a lot of physical damage to the dark-knight offense.
• Fireball is an extremely dangerous spell.

Ok lets start with the old advice. Scratch the cure light and blindness because we no longer get thoes spells. Strike of Pain seems really cool until you try and use it on a paladin and find out that holy armor protects them. The only spell I know that you can use on paladins is dispel good, but that spell is weak. My advice is summon a child, (they are good aligned), charm the child and hope the paladin kills the poor child trying to wrath you to oblivion. Some day I will let you know if this ever works. I like the old advice, but loss of cure light and blindness means you will need to find some way to heal yourself.

Grayden Grim of the Bloody Fields of Flesh

0 0 0
Davairus
Implementor

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2007 8:52 am    Post subject:

The dark-knight ALWAYS uses a light cast of unholy strength, because that spell does extra damage against paladins and healers. The paladin just has to try to keep hp topped up until unholy strength ends, upon which a dark-knight is left trying to fight while slightly drained and with a charmie that's about to turn on him. They take it in turns to have a significant combat advantage - being the evil counterpart, the dark-knight gets to go first. They'll probably both be exchanging two-handed charges to conserve mana for the end of the fight, not just because the charge damage is pretty, but because paladins need to blow mana fast for wrath damage, and because dark-knights need to blow mana fast for vamp touch summon healing. At the end of the fight, a paladin will be waiting to resort to dual wielded murdering, after a dark-knight uses a shield to tank his angry charmie, but I wouldnt be surprised if they both just stick two-handed.

The stupidest thing a dark-knight can possibly do is to fully charge unholy strength w/ overseer mechanus for that fight, this is almost guaranteed loss against any average paladin. Although most paladins are chumps I admit.

The stupidest thing a paladin can do is try to spam wrath to outdamage unholy strength. There is not a class in the game that can stand toe-to-toe a frenzied aff-spitting dark-knight.. go see the logs of how well Worvaz did, and thats about the best it gets.. a naked paladin fighting smart would done a lot better, because on top of that, dark-knights have the anti paladin damage bonus. An average dark-knight will spam fireball in response and then go for the bash/trip/harm against the pretty hurt paladin. Oh sure, you can say the lag skills don't work much. Neither does dispel magic or blindness, but they still kill stupid people, and especially hurt people. They give dark-knights an edge paladins dont have.

Dark-knights overlook the flying scrolls, energy scrolls.
Paladins overlook the purples & red and white staffs.
Both classes overlook cabal supplies.

Sad because any of those elements easily swings this fight in the guys favour. Dark-knights can out of combat heal as well as paladins (for a price) so they have no excuse for losing because of it. If they lose easily at all, its probably just a pwnage Liberty eq ftw type thing, but I'm sure 90% of the time nobody would die since they both spend half the time afraid to fight each other.

Success is determined by probabilities and random generation to an extent. Its possible you could just go full unholy strength, murder the paladin for 4 unblocked mangles, the paladin fails six flees, and then you do it again in the next round while blocking every attack... or it could even go the other way, all horribly wrong, but because the paladin is a curing class it can usually survive that sort of retarded thing, so I wouldnt try to rely on just "unholy str ownage" if I were you.

0 0 0
raginggnome

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2007 9:12 pm    Post subject:

ok, well from my experiences... wich is like a couple level 30-40 dks... unholy strength is more of a finishing thing... People allways think that you automatically have it up when you start the fight. So dont. Fight the majority of the fight without it in frenzy then when you/they are at low hp frenzy and use it for a finisher. Works awsome. They are all like k he is running then you come run till its frenzy and their sanc drops and just waltz in and **DEMOLISH*** and shit. Seriously give it a try, it turns the fight right around.

0 0 0
Grayden

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2007 10:54 pm    Post subject:

Davairus wrote:
because dark-knights need to blow mana fast for vamp touch summon healing.
Neither does dispel magic or blindness,
They give dark-knights an edge paladins dont have.

Dark-knights overlook the flying scrolls, energy scrolls.
Paladins overlook the purples & red and white staffs.
Dark-knights can out of combat heal as well as paladins (for a price) so they have no excuse for losing because of it.

Still need that update, dks no longer get blindness. Sounds like I am missing red and white staffs for healing? Please elaborate on how dark-knights heal and why they would need mana for it. Are you refering to using the cleric in your temples to heal? Other then that I think you are 90% accurate. Twisted Evil

0 0 0
marsd

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2007 4:04 am    Post subject:

You're misreading something there. Paladins don't take into account that they can use purples and red/white staffs at 50, while dark-knights forget that they have scrolls to use. Both of which can turn a fight around pretty darned quickly, say if both have 100hp and are low on mana, and one of them heals up to 250-300 using these aides within a few rounds of no fighting.

And DKs can burn mana healing just as well as paladins... guess you could figure that yourself.

0 0 0
Davairus
Implementor

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2007 7:20 am    Post subject:

I can't see why I'd possibly wait on casting a "single cast" unholy strength.

0 0 0
Arishel

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2007 3:17 pm    Post subject:

Dark-knights heal by using vampiric touch if I am correct. It does damage and you heal a bit from it. Granted it's no co heal or co 'cure critical', but still, it is a useful spell.

0 0 0
Grayden

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2007 10:50 am    Post subject:

Dark knights do not have a heal spell. Vampiric touch dose not do much for healing if your between rounds with anyone. Dark knights do not have cure light anymore.

0 0 0
Davairus
Implementor

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2007 6:17 pm    Post subject:

Sigh.

0 0 0
Soldier

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2007 2:41 pm    Post subject:

Damn this is funny it's like watching a bunch of retarded bear cubs trying to play with themselves with boxing gloves on lol.

0 0 0
Mummy

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2007 5:58 pm    Post subject:

LMAO.

0 0 0
Adebaldi

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2007 10:39 pm    Post subject:

I perfer the good old Nelson's ha-ha.

Anyway I haven't had too much experience at high level dkn fights, but before lvl 40 unholy str + frenzy + fireball = ownage. Mainly because most people don't really think that you can kill them so quickly and don't even think about fleeing so early.

At higher ranks, however, you probably have to start thinking to get kills and reading davairus's posts will probably help also.

0 0 0
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> The Battlefield All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: