Forum Links 

Click to return to main page
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile  Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 
 Current Top Rated Killers 
 Next Event   Voting Links 

The event "Bad Blood - Gulgru vs Afales" is beginning in 5 days, 13 hours.

Getting to 50
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> The Battlefield
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ace High

PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2004 3:35 am    Post subject: Getting to 50

Just wanted some advice from those who have more experience getting to 50 than I do. Highest I've ever taken a char was a dwarf healer about 3 years ago to 45. I've got a 43 avian dk right now, but I'm in range of practically every 50, so I can't really ever go rank. Deiminos especially seems to enjoy hunting me every time I leave town. I was just wondering how you can get past every single 50 hunting you when you're at such a rank disadvantage.

0 0 0
Avendin

PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2004 3:59 am    Post subject:

It's tough.. usually it's best to wait at 40 to 42 until you get a group that can take you to 45 or 46. I've been stuck at 43 more times than I care to remember, and it's always rough. Ranking from 44 to 50 was relatively a breeze on Avendin only because most of the time I had a pwning group of 3 with Naydra on the side turning undead. And it still took me a long time during which we were attacked plenty. The best advice I have for you, [50 Avian Dkn] <PK> Unnamed the Herald of War, is to rank with people who are in your PK and just keep pressing on despite the attacks. With every rank you get, it's easier to hold your own against the 50s.

0 0 0
Phostan
Immortal

PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2004 4:02 am    Post subject:

Might be a question for the newbie section, but oh well. Being someone who was trying to hit 50 and had the same problems you did, but with losers like Naugroth being the problem instead, I can suggest this. Deiminos isn't ALWAYS around. He is around a lot though, make do with the time you can when he isnt around. Also, remember darkhaven is protected by the law, and Deiminos as such cant attack you there. Though he will summon you to the dragon sea hoping you'll panic and do something stupid like leave city limits. But it's better then nothing. It's better to quit out then to chance it. If he attacks you while you're tanking, you might get a mobdeath. Which would put you back even further. If you have problems with other 50's, well, I like to wait them out myself. Sit somewhere, bum around, after 4 hours they quit out. Remember, latenight is peak time for leveling without interruption, provided you can find a group when it's that late. Also feel free to contract him in the pawnshop. Maybe there's a 50 assassin who'd kill him. Then he'd lose a lot of rares, and not be as much of a threat to you. Or bribe/talk other level 50's into following you around to discourage him. Make friends with another Justice maybe? He might not attack if you're buddies with another Justice. Or you could try bribing him with rares to leave you alone. Or you can get a blackened bone and a twisted oak spear, get hasted, and try to kill him. Hope these suggestions help.

0 0 0
Louis

PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2004 5:00 am    Post subject:

nice suggestions.

0 0 0
Brains

PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2004 4:35 pm    Post subject:

Healers and shamans are good choices for a first L50. It's hard as heck to kill the former, and the latter usually scare people, so they leave you alone. Other picks might be rangers, ninjas, or thieves. Aside from those, the climb from 43-50 is hard, especially for newbies.

Good luck. :(

0 0 0
Clifton

PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2004 4:53 pm    Post subject:

I'd like to throw in Illusionists as possible first 50s. I mean, who can go without haste. Worst classes to try a 50 for have to be psionicist and necro. Those call for high quality OOC groups.

0 0 0
Ace High

PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2004 11:41 pm    Post subject:

Thanks for all the suggestions. I guess I'll just have to take it slow and spend lots of money on recall potions. Anyways, thanks.

0 0 0
Rezakhan

PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2004 11:42 pm    Post subject:

Avendin hit the nail on the head when he said the worst ranks are from like 42-46 or so. My best advice is to only log on when you know you have a good amount of time to spend, and if there are those around who might attack you, wait until you get a great group to go rank with.
What sucks is if you finally end up with a shaman/illusionist group, and you can only rank for 20 minutes or so with them--make sure you have enough time that if you get a good group, you can stick with them for a while.
Also, as an evil, don't be afraid to switch groups in the middle--if you're tanking for two level 36 ninjas in Solace and you have a shaman ask you to go to Sreyb, leave the little ones behind and take care of yourself.
Don't be afraid to ask level 50's to help rank you, too. If you have one groupmate, a lot of 50s will help you rank with the assumption you will repay the favour somewhere down the road.
Finally, don't discount the chances for gaining a litle experience. It may suck to go through Solace getting only 1k a round or whatever, but thats still 1k less to gain you have when you do get a good group.

0 0 0
Avendin

PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2004 12:33 am    Post subject:

It's been shaman/invoker/illusionist for me 75% of the time from 40 to 50. It's a struggle, but hey.. once it's over, it's over. Hopefully the playerbase will pick up (and there will be more warriors!) All the goddamn warriors at sitting at the mid-ranks training. Geh.

0 0 0
Mendek

PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2004 1:00 am    Post subject:

Except the ones at 50 that ranking everyone that comes along.

0 0 0
ssgtortho

PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2004 1:16 am    Post subject:

I myself am having trouble getting to 50. Thanks for all the hints.

0 0 0
Louis

PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2004 2:32 am    Post subject:

50 was something u earned on AR, and thats how it should be.

0 0 0
marsd

PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2004 5:36 am    Post subject:

Clifton wrote:
I'd like to throw in Illusionists as possible first 50s. I mean, who can go without haste. Worst classes to try a 50 for have to be psionicist and necro. Those call for high quality OOC groups.

aye illusionists are one of the easiest to get to 50 with, fast.

0 0 0
b00mslang

PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2004 5:29 pm    Post subject:

hahaha, you guys make me feel so inferior.
I've never gotten to fifty without being in a cabal. Both of my fifties had to get into legion to get there.

so I guess that's some advice to , getting into a cabal pretty much guarantees you an easy way to fifty, since most people in your cabal would want to rank you, and furthermore they provide some degree of protection from you stupid deiminos-type people attacking you at 43.

0 0 0
Davairus
Implementor

PostPosted: Sat Apr 17, 2004 4:53 am    Post subject:

You shoulda tried leveling to 50 back when the range was dominated with pkers, Sethanon, Jerold, Githnaru, Grayyg's super group, and the cams guys.... so many damn pk attempts I don't think anyone went to 50 for a month once the plague shit really took off. They were dropping 90k exp holes on level 47-48. All you got to do is spam where pk and quaff a recall to avoid justice "pkers".

0 0 0
Resatimm
Takes the Cake

PostPosted: Sat Apr 17, 2004 5:48 am    Post subject:

I remember playing a warrior and being blind and plagued by some random shaman and begging him to finish me off. He just stood there taunting me and i couldnt run with my 0 mv. That sucked

0 0 0
Simpleton

PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2004 6:55 pm    Post subject:

Ever tried going after Deiminos before he gets to you? Best time to hunt a necro is when he first logs on, what zombies does he use? Hang out in that area and wait for him. A necro is much weaker without zombies. Also, there is nothing like killing someone with the aid of a mob taking the blows! Dav's advice is great also, justice can't attack you in town.

0 0 0
Davairus
Implementor

PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2004 7:17 pm    Post subject:

Resatimm wrote:
I remember playing a warrior and being blind and plagued by some random shaman and begging him to finish me off. He just stood there taunting me and i couldnt run with my 0 mv. That sucked

I remember doing that. Twisted Evil

0 0 0
Rozzy

PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2004 2:56 am    Post subject: Haha

Hahahahaha. Funny shit. Laughing

0 0 0
Niktoo

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2004 8:17 pm    Post subject:

Not very nice, but I used to plague mobs in town and let everyone catch the disease.... was always a fun sight..

0 0 0
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> The Battlefield All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: