Forum Links 

Click to return to main page
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile  Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 
 Current Top Rated Killers 
 Next Event   Voting Links 

The event "Bad Blood - Gulgru vs Afales" is beginning in 6 days, 4 hours.

The BEST Idea for Increasing Playerbase (take it seriously)
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> Ideas and Suggestions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kalist19
Emissary

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2007 8:03 pm    Post subject: The BEST Idea for Increasing Playerbase (take it seriously)

I've got it. The answer. The one and only....perma-surge. Think about it: NOVEMBER MADNESS! Make one month perma-surge and you will get those surge-players to play more often. It's important that it's for a full month and not just a week because one month is enough time to hook a casual player. It may seem like a radical idea but I think it would bring some old players back as well as stimulate interest in new ones (people like myself are hooked by gaining hp/etc when you level and if you level frequently via perma-surge you will be hooked easily).

If you give it a try, best cas scenario - playerbase is increased and you acheive the goal of having more people play in both surge and non-surge time. Worst case scenario - not a single new person plays and you maintain your current playerbase but there will be a few more characters per person - not neccesarily a bad thing either.

I'm sure there are a few old people like me that daydream about how 'cool' it would be to just roll up a new fire zerker and take the reigns of a cabal but are dissuaded by the time it would require to rank. This would take care of that problem and bring a couple of us back.

0 0 0
Ergorion

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2009 9:51 pm    Post subject:

Interesting. Maybe perma-week.

0 0 0
Erlwith

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2009 10:47 pm    Post subject:

easy come easy go

0 0 0
_Clifton_
Emissary

Location: your and you're are not the same. they're, there, and their are not the same. learn to english.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2009 11:46 pm    Post subject:

Real case scenario: surge month ends and all the players bitch and whine about how there's no more surge.

0 0 0
Davairus
Implementor

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2009 11:48 pm    Post subject:

Another alternative is to shut the game down for "maintenace" for 1 day a week and watch all the players lining up to log in as soon as it comes up. Now thats how you really cause a surge.

double xp..pfft.

0 0 0
Kalist19
Emissary

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2009 12:15 am    Post subject:

Ergorion you should make a necromancer, you're good at bringing things back from the dead...

0 0 0
Mahkan

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2009 2:56 am    Post subject:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7yl3UMO-TkE[/url]

0 0 0
_Clifton_
Emissary

Location: your and you're are not the same. they're, there, and their are not the same. learn to english.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2009 4:18 am    Post subject:

Tuesday early morning for random(X) hours at a time, wow-style?

0 0 0
Asyndic

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2009 11:37 am    Post subject:

Teach old players like myself to type as fast as we once did. I'd tinker around again if I didn't feel like I was typing with 10 pickles instead of fingers.

0 0 0
Resatimm
Takes the Cake

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2009 5:46 pm    Post subject:

Thats what you get for leaving and putting on 80 pounds. Werent you overseas fighting in Operation Iraqi Liberation (OIL for short) ? Smile

0 0 0
Ergorion

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2009 7:11 pm    Post subject:

Kalist19 wrote:
Ergorion you should make a necromancer, you're good at bringing things back from the dead...

I'm bored out of my mind so I've been digging through the old forum posts figured I'd bring this back up.

0 0 0
Asyndic

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2009 9:07 pm    Post subject:

Resatimm wrote:
Thats what you get for leaving and putting on 80 pounds. Werent you overseas fighting in Operation Iraqi Liberation (OIL for short) ? Smile

Yes I was, and it was only 45. I was there for 15 months and there isn't much besides lifting in the off time to do. Heading back in about 4 months for another 12 month go at it....

0 0 0
Insom

PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2009 6:06 pm    Post subject: Asyndic

Asyndic, buddy! It's insom. Drop me a line at lkpeter@yahoo.com.

0 0 0
kento
Emissary

PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2009 1:49 pm    Post subject:

Jesus...

I think the Real worst case scenario would be people quitting their jobs and missing school to play again... Hahaha... been a while since most of us have done that.

Seriously though... That would probably get me playing full time again... and honestly... Don't know how Stu&Crew would actually feel about it, but totally would be tons of competition at 50 for items for a long time, probably, and competition with lots of people and the power swaying so fast gets people hooked Hard. I know that I would personally love that.

0 0 0
Thorgoth
Immortal

PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2009 5:43 am    Post subject:

i think if everyone actually put time into the game like you are suppose too instead of begging for hand-me-outs the game would be what everyone wants it to be. people log on and say fuck it no ones on and log out instead of farting around for a bit until someone else pops in.

0 0 0
Ceridwel
Immortal

PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2009 4:53 am    Post subject:

picpen wrote:
people log on and say fuck it no ones on and log out instead of farting around for a bit until someone else pops in.

Or mastering their skills.
Or questing.
Or exploring.

0 0 0
Vertas

PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2009 12:51 am    Post subject: Re: The BEST Idea for Increasing Playerbase (take it serious

Kalist19 wrote:
I've got it. The answer. The one and only....perma-surge. Think about it: NOVEMBER MADNESS!

We already have no shave november...Having a perma surge would just be spoiling us.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

0 0 0
RebornShadows

PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2009 1:28 am    Post subject:

guys are you forgetting about naked thursdays? i mean come on live life and take the cloths off (this is the part where all the girls take off their cloths and all the guys drool execpt for erlwith)

0 0 0
Elvena

PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2009 10:24 pm    Post subject:

Just forget it. AR is doomed to obscurity for reasons that should be easy to see, but noone here will admit it, because then you all have to look at yourselves for the losers you really are.

0 0 0
Erlwith

PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2009 12:06 am    Post subject:

kalist should add a stage to the seven stages of mudding.

1.b Complete newbie-baby. You die a lot, don't get your way in game or on the forums, lose your sweet fiery dagger and proceed to cry about how much the game sucks and how everyone who plays it is a loser(secretly wishing you could figure out how to stop from being blinded). You either quit and come back or want to quit but can't because you realize, even if you don't want to admit it, that AR is a great game that you just (temporarily - unless you're mullet) suck at.

0 0 0
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> Ideas and Suggestions All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: