Forum Links 

Click to return to main page
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile  Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 
 Current Top Rated Killers 
 Next Event   Voting Links 

The event "Bad Blood - Gulgru vs Afales" is beginning in 6 days, 3 hours.

The BEST Idea for Increasing Playerbase (take it seriously)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> Ideas and Suggestions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ceridwel
Immortal

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2009 11:09 pm    Post subject:

Its only a matter of time before Res stumbles upon the fact that USA starts with a vowel.

0 0 0
Mahkan

PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2009 4:58 am    Post subject:

i was gonna try to make a joke like that, but now im glad i never did.

0 0 0
Dispater

PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2009 10:52 am    Post subject:

m1co here, m1co there. Banning Estonia definetly helps because sure there's no shell accounts left in the world to use.

Take a time out and find out who started the flame war!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_QyYaPWasos&feature=fvst

And here's a new Avatar for Res:

0 0 0
Resatimm
Takes the Cake

PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2009 3:38 pm    Post subject:

Sorry, I wont change from my current avatar. Smile It scares too many people.

Besides, me and banning... I keep forgetting how to do it properly (make it permanent), so they stay banned till a reboot clears it.

0 0 0
Mandor

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2009 4:18 am    Post subject:

Xerties wrote:
Banning all of Estonia was largely an attempt to keep m1co out, as I understand it.

Which is precisely my point. A large potential market gets shut down by a single individual, who just sticks around anyway, thus proving their method ineffective. But this policy was instituted during the beginning of the second age, and who knows how many potential players were lost. Davairus claims to get it, from his claims of how he now handles things. However, it is apparent someone still goes by this policy.

Davairus wrote:
I don't really ban people anymore, I stopped that approach about 5 years ago when I found out allowing them to play and then denying them was a lot more discouraging. That and its not a very effective procedure. So as far as your siteban is concerned I don't know. Your belligerent forum post was enough to convince me to not bother checking what sitebans we have. Resatimm is banning people because he never woke up to the new-school thinking of just denying people. You can take it up with him.

it was only a factual summation of both the appearance and the reality of what had been going on in the past, as well as what problems are the crux of the matter. Its not my problem if you get defensive about it. It doesn't bother me enough to take it up with him, because any irresponsibility isn't on my end. Your third and fourth sentence remind me of when I tell my child to do something, and he replies "well I was going to, but not now since I didn't like something I arbitrarily picked to blame you as the reason I won't". There would be my disappointment, but I don't allow that kind of thing to work on me in real life, nor will I rise to it here. Don't blame others for what you do and do not do.

whats of insterest is @ "53 days remaining", it hasn't moved since the first time I logged onto AR after a year, which reinforces my point of adopted policies that "cut the nose off to spite the face", as they say.

0 0 0
Mandor

PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2009 7:21 am    Post subject:

hey guess what. still 54 days remaining.

0 0 0
Davairus
Implementor

PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2009 8:57 am    Post subject:

That message isn't really a "You are banned for this long" message, its more like a "You have been banned, and whoever placed it felt it should be at least this long" message. i.e. a recommendation. All you had to do is bring it up when its time, and then if you weren't acting like an unrepentant dick it would have been removed. Unfortunately every time you have brought it up you have still been acting like a dick, since you've taken this personally. It seems like you think the Imms on the game are all cruel horrible people out to just fuck people over because they've banned poor you. Guess what happens every time you post again acting like a dick? You get another extension to your vacation.

My information indicated you were banned for OOC pasting of the "who list" into chatrooms, and that was enough for me to pass it back to Resatimm. If you have no real desire to play the game instead of just making a stink (like you've been doing on the forum every single time you bring the ban up), then we'll still have to worry about you OOC pasting the game who list, and so it would be a mistake for anyone to remove that ban. Its a pity because you could have been an asset to this game and instead you're trying to be a thorn in our sides.

0 0 0
Resatimm
Takes the Cake

PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2009 10:11 pm    Post subject:

Dav is pretty much dead on. It was meant to be a ban up to level 54 (which means even imms would have been banned from that IP unless they were above that level). Obviously it was a keystroke error. The ban was meant to be permanent, until I manually lift it.

If you had been constructive, or responsible or even just "Uh the timer isnt going down" then I would be looking at this differently.

I don't respond to threats, thus the ban will remain until such a time as I feel that it should be removed.

0 0 0
kieros

PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2009 6:28 pm    Post subject:

A friend of mine is banned in the same situation but never got a forum account, how can he get a chance to play again?

0 0 0
Resatimm
Takes the Cake

PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2009 7:34 pm    Post subject:

Tell them to make a forum account, and then you post on this thread the name of the account and I will activate it.

0 0 0
Mandor

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2009 11:26 pm    Post subject:

Davairus wrote:
That message isn't really a "You are banned for this long" message, its more like a "You have been banned, and whoever placed it felt it should be at least this long" message. i.e. a recommendation. All you had to do is bring it up when its time, and then if you weren't acting like an unrepentant dick it would have been removed. Unfortunately every time you have brought it up you have still been acting like a dick, since you've taken this personally. It seems like you think the Imms on the game are all cruel horrible people out to just fuck people over because they've banned poor you. Guess what happens every time you post again acting like a dick? You get another extension to your vacation.

My information indicated you were banned for OOC pasting of the "who list" into chatrooms, and that was enough for me to pass it back to Resatimm. If you have no real desire to play the game instead of just making a stink (like you've been doing on the forum every single time you bring the ban up), then we'll still have to worry about you OOC pasting the game who list, and so it would be a mistake for anyone to remove that ban. Its a pity because you could have been an asset to this game and instead you're trying to be a thorn in our sides.

number 1, I never broke any rules. number 2, garbage in, garbage out. that should be familiar to coders. it also relates to how you treat others. of course they're going to be annoyed if you poke them (which you did when I brought it up). I had thought (apparently now so wrongly) that my cabal characters and history of not breaking rule counted.

Resatimm wrote:
Dav is pretty much dead on. It was meant to be a ban up to level 54 (which means even imms would have been banned from that IP unless they were above that level). Obviously it was a keystroke error. The ban was meant to be permanent, until I manually lift it.

If you had been constructive, or responsible or even just "Uh the timer isnt going down" then I would be looking at this differently.

I don't respond to threats, thus the ban will remain until such a time as I feel that it should be removed.

It wasn't an IP, it was a whole network. I tried it from other places. And where did I make threats? Thats for children. Action is more effective. Responsible is imms owning up to mistakes and rectifying.

Also, I appreciate that you have realized your mistake a month ago and corrected it.

0 0 0
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> Ideas and Suggestions All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: