Forum Links 

Click to return to main page
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile  Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 
 Current Top Rated Killers 
 Next Event   Voting Links 

The event "Bad Blood - Gulgru vs Afales" is beginning in 6 days, 18 hours.

Training spam-skills

View previous topic :: View next topic  
The Zealot

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2007 4:49 pm    Post subject: Training spam-skills

I've never been a big fan of training skills. I usually like to let them improve as I level up. There are, however, a couple of classes that need to have a high proficiency in certain skills before they start getting into the PK-heavy levels - thieves and ninjas need to get proficient at Hide early (and, arguably, blackjack and strangle too).

Is there any way to do this besides sitting in some out of the way place, spamming hide; vis; hide; vis?

Because that is boring the hell out me.

Also, how do Imms feel about players setting up triggers to do the hide;vis; spam? Or is that considered life-support scripting?

0 0 0
Vanisse
Immortal

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2007 9:35 pm    Post subject:

It annoys the hell out of me if I've asked someone to write a description and they ignore me, and then I see they're just spamming all my tells away with hide/vis or c 'create food' or something equally inane. But as long as they've done everything they should have I don't really care.

It's also fun to turn them into chickens. I haven't done that lately. Domokun

0 0 0
Groq
Immortal

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2007 11:32 pm    Post subject:

If you have triggers set up to hid/vis and your not responding it's a good way to get yourself in trouble. I wouldn't do it and I can't think of any other way, every time i've mastered camo/hide it's doing hide over and over. I don't think you have to vis either, you can just spam hide. Might be wrong though.

0 0 0
Xerties

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2007 1:04 am    Post subject:

Quote:

That's a lie.

Setting up triggers is fine, AFAIK, just make sure you're actually at your computer and can respond readily. If you don't respond quickly you'll probably be blasted for life-supporting.

0 0 0
Vanisse
Immortal

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2007 1:08 am    Post subject:

Xerties wrote:
Quote:

That's a lie.

Oops, did I forget one? I couldn't resist the clucking. Wink

0 0 0
Mummy

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2007 2:06 pm    Post subject:

Groq wrote:
If you have triggers set up to hid/vis and your not responding it's a good way to get yourself in trouble. I wouldn't do it and I can't think of any other way, every time i've mastered camo/hide it's doing hide over and over. I don't think you have to vis either, you can just spam hide. Might be wrong though.

You're not wrong.

0 0 0
Erlwith

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2007 2:57 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
You're not wrong.

Are you sure? I thought sneak was the only skill that worked in this fashion.

0 0 0
MrCarb

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2007 5:54 pm    Post subject:

You don't need to be typing 'vis' in between hide attempts for proffeciency to go up. I am quite certain.

You should really be at the computer if you're spam-training hide, but you don't have to have your head in the game properly. You can certainly watch tv or read a book; just make sure you glance at the screen regularly so you can respond to tells and whatnot.

0 0 0
The Zealot

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2007 6:10 pm    Post subject:

Cheers all.

I know typing 'vis' doesn't make any actual difference to training, but it prevents you getting nuked by the 'stop that' anti-spam, so I prefer to use it.

Come to think of it, I could do hide and sneak at the same time, which would get around the spam guard.

The only way I've found to stay sane doing this is to keep a record of number of spams vs. improvements, and changes in luck. Interesting results; the skill actually improves a lot faster than I'd assumed.

0 0 0
Mummy

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2007 6:40 pm    Post subject:

God you're crazy. I would die if I did that.... maybe that's why my ninjas always got raped, though..... My thieves weren't too bad, though, so I dunno. Make something that isn't insanely boring to hone skills with. Like a fighter or mage. That way you kill while you practice overhead and fireball and hellstream and charge....... It's more fun. Very Happy YAY!

0 0 0
Vhrael
Immortal

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2007 6:09 am    Post subject:

I think rather than initiate punishment from the imms for "life-support scripting," instead we should place a 50,000 gold piece bounty on the head of anyone caught AFK-scripting... then we'll tell everybody in the offender's range exactly where they're at.

Yeah, that sounds good... I'll see what Dav thinks... Twisted Evil

0 0 0
ekiru

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2007 3:14 am    Post subject:

Vhrael wrote:
I think rather than initiate punishment from the imms for "life-support scripting," instead we should place a 50,000 gold piece bounty on the head of anyone caught AFK-scripting... then we'll tell everybody in the offender's range exactly where they're at.

Yeah, that sounds good... I'll see what Dav thinks... Twisted Evil

Problem: at times, there simply aren't people on to kill afkers. I know when I trained hide and the like, I always did it when there weren't people on in my pk.

0 0 0
Groq
Immortal

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2007 6:31 pm    Post subject:

Why not when you find them Vhrael take them to a room and take away all their food so they die of hunger and thirst over and over until they come back to the comp to get yelled at.

0 0 0
Vertas

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2007 7:19 pm    Post subject:

Personally I did hide; hide; sneak; sneak, and a separate trigger for peek, id go to a secluded room with two different mobs, look at one mob, then have a trigger for the next, etc, etc, etc, no lag time for peek, mastered it in literally three mins.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

0 0 0
Davairus
Implementor

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2007 7:07 am    Post subject:

Groq wrote:
Why not when you find them Vhrael take them to a room and take away all their food so they die of hunger and thirst over and over until they come back to the comp to get yelled at.

Its more fun to inflict them with dysentry and then watch them eat themselves to death, especially since whenever they eat, they blow it out their ass.

0 0 0
Adebaldi

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2007 2:04 pm    Post subject:

There is also the 'replace their water with milk' technique.

0 0 0
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> Newbie Q/A All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: