Forum Links 

Click to return to main page
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile  Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 
 Current Top Rated Killers 
 Next Event   Voting Links 

The event "Bad Blood - Gulgru vs Afales" is beginning in 6 days, 17 hours.

tanking armor

View previous topic :: View next topic  
reddkey

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2008 5:22 pm    Post subject: tanking armor

I am a human healer, 25 lvl, and looking for some decent armor to stand on the front lines with. Many times, I have double mages, or equally squishy classes in the group, or lower level players, so this falls to me,...

What sets are best for life and damage mitigation at 25? Possibly mana too. Including rings...

0 0 0
Vertas

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2008 9:36 pm    Post subject:

There are some people who say ac doesn't matter...It doesn't really for pking, I'd rather be able to have extra damage or something any day. Heres something I noticed back when I had an elf healer at 50. Ok so there was an armor called multicolored rags (dunno if its still the same or around) and it gave like -50 ac in addition to other stuff, alright so plus all other healer buffs and that I always had a great dam reduction. If all you have to worry about is healing yourself, great go for it. But I'd much rather have the extra hp or mana.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

0 0 0
reddkey

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2008 12:46 am    Post subject:

Thanks, I ended up settling for the plat set for now, extra 25hp (complete set), then there are some neck pieces I found +25mana each, that and my lvl 25buffs give me a decent AC, good enough to tank with a shield.

0 0 0
Davairus
Implementor

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2008 1:09 am    Post subject:

Platinum might is better for paladins, because enhanced damage and wrath lowers the necessity of damroll, and the hp bonus is a big damage buffer, which is good because they will need to stick in fights hobbled. But you should be using the silver suit. Think about it. The last thing you need more of with a healer is uber AC/hp. Just keep up spells and keep curing. Catch ticks during your rounds. That's all.

0 0 0
zifnab

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2008 3:27 am    Post subject:

Is that the same for invokers dav?

0 0 0
zifnab

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2008 3:28 am    Post subject:

concerning silver that is.

0 0 0
reddkey

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2008 7:17 pm    Post subject:

Davairus wrote:
Platinum might is better for paladins, because enhanced damage and wrath lowers the necessity of damroll, and the hp bonus is a big damage buffer, which is good because they will need to stick in fights hobbled. But you should be using the silver suit. Think about it. The last thing you need more of with a healer is uber AC/hp. Just keep up spells and keep curing. Catch ticks during your rounds. That's all.

I was running with a ranger and ninja last night, and this turned out to be pretty much true. Theres seems to be no reason that a healer will tank. Unless by accident or something.

I used a medley of living wood, and mithril to get both hit/damage up, and the adamant mace.

Then some diamond broochs, and banded rings to buff my mana. Its still discouraging to watch rangers, and ninjas wail off that super damage, and barely pull off a "wound" but im doing my job at least.

0 0 0
Vertas

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2008 12:34 am    Post subject:

Before you really rely on catching ticks I'd practice it to get good first, the last thing you want is to be continuously attacked while sleeping when trying to pk, or just missing them entirely. So I'd go with a combination of mana buffs and attempting to catch ticks first...Just fight a somewhat tough mob, such as some of the tyr unguld mobs (anti-paladin guy) at 40ish and practice fleeing before sanc falls and catching the tick and getting up resancing going back in, before trying it in a pk situation.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

0 0 0
Wholesale Johnson

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2008 2:05 am    Post subject:

I have a feeling that reddkey is going to learn more about how to play in his first little while than I have in like 3 or 4 years. and whoop me in a duel in say... another month or two.

0 0 0
drkstjustice

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2008 12:59 am    Post subject:

Davairus wrote:

Where would one locate the silver suit? My berserker friend would probably benefit more from it than the black-tear gear...

0 0 0
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> Newbie Q/A All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: