Forum Links 

Click to return to main page
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile  Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 
 Current Top Rated Killers 
 Next Event   Voting Links 

The event "Bad Blood - Gulgru vs Afales" is beginning in 6 days, 12 hours.

Most hated player
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  

Who is the most hated player in Thera these days?
Deiminos
57%
 57%  [ 19 ]
Nyemes
9%
 9%  [ 3 ]
Chayla
9%
 9%  [ 3 ]
Did I mention Deiminos?
24%
 24%  [ 8 ]
Total Votes : 33

Ace High

PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2004 1:57 am    Post subject: Most hated player

Who does everyone hate the most in Thera these days?

0 0 0
Dobson

PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2004 12:05 pm    Post subject:

I think people who make these posts are pathetic, and you disgust me, have a good day.

Side note:
All this does is chase people away from the mud and make them NOT want to improve, so lets not be a childish prick like ace high and help instead of hinder.

0 0 0
Brains

PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2004 12:42 pm    Post subject:

What? Aren't all the choices listed characters that belong to people that are AR addicts? They won't be going anywhere because some people hate their characters, LEAST of all a roleplaying necro and ASHLYN. Yeah, she's like the energizer bunny - I'll be dead before she leaves AR.

Maybe if these were utter newbies you'd have a point. Personally, I find it to be neat when people have anything to say about a character of mine...

0 0 0
Dobson

PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2004 1:21 am    Post subject:

That may be you, but I have seen many players, veteran players who could whip anyone and shit like this came up on the forum, they took themselves elsewhere. I myself more than one time almost left my old mud, and I like to think that with my numerous cabal leader chars that I was somewhat of a good player, why should some idiot child be able to start lies, rumors, and other gossip about chars which is mostly exagerated.

Doesn't matter how "addicted" one is to anything, given the right deturant, they will leave. So don't give it a chance and don't be an asshole.

0 0 0
Rezakhan

PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2004 1:35 am    Post subject:

Dobson, I think you're missing the point of the poll. Hes not saying these characters suck or anything bad about them--all of them have the desire to be hated, Chayla by anyone evil and the other two by anyone period. I dont see any possible way that this poll would offend them--if anything, it would make them feel good that their characters are being recognized.

0 0 0
ssgtortho

PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2004 2:29 am    Post subject:

Rezakhan wrote:
Dobson, I think you're missing the point of the poll. Hes not saying these characters suck or anything bad about them--all of them have the desire to be hated, Chayla by anyone evil and the other two by anyone period. I dont see any possible way that this poll would offend them--if anything, it would make them feel good that their characters are being recognized.

I totally agree with you. If your charactor tries to act in a certain way and it is mentioned in these forums, it is just about the best COMPLIMENT that you can recieve. And speeking from personal expierence, Going up again deminios is quite a challange, expecially when he seeks you out. Got my ass kicked by him many times. AND THAT IS THE FUN PART!

0 0 0
Dobson

PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2004 12:06 pm    Post subject:

okay, you are both idiots. I have had my fair share of evil chars, and in no way do you want to be hated OOC for your chars RP. What you are saying is has to do with respect and being impressed with their skill, not hate. I don't care if they are evil SOB who kill everyone, you shouldn't create this poll with the word hate in it or must you go back to kindergarden to learn how to look up a word in the dictionary.

v. hat·ed, hat·ing, hates
v. tr.

To feel hostility or animosity toward.
To detest.
To feel dislike or distaste for

0 0 0
Clifton

PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2004 2:00 pm    Post subject:

Dodson, if they were hated OOC, it would be the names of the players and not the names of the chars. Your idiotic flaming is ignorant man. If you've swung by AR chatroom, you'd know that the knowledge of who plays who gets out. So, this is the most hated player in game, which is a props to the players' skill or rp.

0 0 0
Sebryn

PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2004 2:46 pm    Post subject:

Clifton said exactly what I was thinking.

The "most hated player" should be re-worded to say "most hated CHARACTER." I don't think 'Deiminos' is someone's real name, and I know for a fact that 'Chayla' and 'Nyemes' aren't those players' real names.

Nyemes is on there because he's a vampire, and as such, he's got pretty much free reign to f*** with anybody. He's been around for a long time, and everybody at 50's probably gotten a taste of his PK style. It's easily understandable why he's on here. Not saying I agree necessarily, but it's understandable.

Chayla's probably there because the creator of this poll plays an evil character, and Chayla does a good job of roleplaying her aversion toward evils. Loved the log I saw of her 'letting' some evil die of starvation in front of her. Given her player's track record (don't wanna reveal who incase people don't already know), it's also easy to see why Chayla's on the list.

Deiminos is on here (twice, no less) because he's a complete psycho bastard... from an RP standpoint he's definitely got it down. But for why he's on the list as "most hated": I've heard of him coming after groups in Winter single-handedly, coming after people in his range that are re-equipping from a previous death, even saw a log of him wording/teleporting from a duel to the death in the arena.

My point is this: these three players roleplay their characters the way that they do, fully expecting to frustrate other players. Hell, how can you have a vampire and NOT expect to piss everyone off? And Chayla and Deiminos are just good at roleplaying their extreme personalities so well all the time that people have a tendency to associate that frustration with the player... something that shouldn't be done, in my opinion.

"Most hated"? No, I think this is more of a "most envied/admired because they've got skill and they're good at pissing people off" poll. Don't say that people don't want to be "hated" because of their roleplaying. These three players want people to talk about their characters OOC, and make polls like this.

Hell, this is probably the most flattery anybody could've given any of the three. Don't hamper roleplaying like these three do it; in my opinion the whole of AR could use a larger dose of it to keep things interesting.

0 0 0
Mental Patient

PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2004 11:05 pm    Post subject:

This poll was started to make Ace High feel better about himself. All posts started or posted by him are to be ignored because he is just there to flame people that he cannot beat in the game. Bear with him because he was released yesterday like me on good behavoir. Twisted Evil

0 0 0
Gygh

PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2004 11:10 pm    Post subject: Re:

1. Is he Sasarai?
2. He attacked my healer, it just kinda felt wrong because we were both lawful and I had applied for justice (my absence has kept me from that goal)
3. He used to always be on. Don't you have a job, or school or a girlfriend?

0 0 0
Dobson

PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2004 11:26 pm    Post subject:

okay, say what you want, but NONE of the chars I know and I have played would ever want to be hated, feared yes, hated no. In game of course evil chars want to be despised and feared, chill you to the bone but you hope that OOC they realise it took a lot of hard work to get there, either re-word the pole, or my "flame" stands.

Side note:
I don't give a rats ass about what you think of my opinion, I am mearly stating it. Deal with it.

0 0 0
Amdorin

Location: No matter how much a failure, no life is worthless. You can always serve as a bad example.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2004 11:46 pm    Post subject:

I guess when you completely, and I mean completely, miss the tone of the subject of the thread, it can come off a bit offensive, but anyone with more than 5 posts here should understand the tone that AR forum often has.

But just for the record, this poll is nothing but a compliment to the players behind these characters. *looks at the big picture, which he tries to do often*

But this happens to be Dobson right now:
Shocked <-- *struggling to see big picture*

0 0 0
Dobson

PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2004 11:51 pm    Post subject:

Amdorin getting ass raped by a cow Shocked )) <===8 Twisted Evil

I have more than five posts, and I don't know how many times I am going to have to say this, AS IT IS STATED, IT IS OFFENSIVE IN MY OPINION, if my char had been up there, I would get ticked, no matter in jest or not, OPINIONS ARE JUST THAT, it may have been intended as a joke, or in some odd way a compliment, but make it that way. Instead of most hated player, most feared char, those two go hand in hand, otherwise it IS NOT a compliment but harsh (and for the most idiotic) critisism.

Last edited by Dobson on Tue Apr 27, 2004 11:58 pm; edited 1 time in total

0 0 0
Clifton

PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2004 11:56 pm    Post subject:

No, Dobson, hated and feared players do not go hand in hand. Lets take Deiminos, he's hated because he annoys you when your naked, but quits out and hides when you aren't. If you're going to type in caps, please type in caps using the correct words. It's painful to my sight. But honestly, why would you be offended if the people on the mud hated your char for the rp you put into it? Could you explain that for me?

0 0 0
Dobson

PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2004 12:01 am    Post subject:

why, maybe you didn't read my definition of hate, I would want my chars if evil to be hated in game unless my rp takes them other ways. But out of game, AKA, LIFE, I would HOPE that some of them have the brain mass to understand it is RP and SKILL going into that, and they PLAYER should get props.

If deminos isn't "hated" because he is skilled, how is that a compliment then? It's not. What you just said is they hate that char because they think he is a pit stalker who can only kill you when you are naked.

0 0 0
Clifton

PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2004 12:20 am    Post subject:

Your definition of hate is as follows:

To feel hostility or animosity toward.
To detest.
To feel dislike or distaste for

Nowhere in either of those definitions does it specify in game or OOC. The most hated vote is meant as who do you hate most in game. Deiminos isn't hated because of skill but he's hated because he's a spineless prick. It's up to the player to player his character however he chooses. Once you understand the difference between character and player (it takes a while, trust me), you'll get a better grasp of what's going on in these votes. Until then, please see the "should noobies speak their opinion poll".

0 0 0
Dobson

PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2004 12:27 am    Post subject:

hah, hahahaha, I am no noob, maybe to this mud, but I am no noob. I have been playing muds, as in PLURAL, for almost 5 years, I have seen many players leave becuase of what you just said, and thank you, because you proved me right, I know the difference between chars and players, do you? Because if that had been my char and I was called a spineless prick, playing that char, probably the best he can, I would take GREAT offence, better to say he needs to stay in the lands more in the face of danger and take risks instead of easy wins. Offer advice not critisism.

0 0 0
Clifton

PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2004 12:36 am    Post subject:

Look you stupid bastard, here's what I'm saying. Cuz you can't seen to dicepher what I'm saying, I'll put it bluntly. Deiminos is playing a whacked out necromancer who is a spineless prick and does pick on the underdressed. THat's his rp. there's no reason in hell why I would go offer advice to someone who's experienced and know what he's doing with his own char. What I'm saying to you, is that these people are doing a helluva job RP-ing their own chars and because we're recognizing what they're doing, it's a compliment to them. We hate them because they kill/annoy/scare us, but the players are doing it in a creative and skilled way. I think Ramod and Allie are skilled ARers, but I think both Chayla and Nyemes are pricks. And because you heads too far up your own ass to halfway understand, there is is.

Edit --

See, this is why being polite doesn't work. People are too damn thick.

0 0 0
Ace High

PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2004 12:55 am    Post subject:

Mental Patient wrote:
This poll was started to make Ace High feel better about himself. All posts started or posted by him are to be ignored because he is just there to flame people that he cannot beat in the game. Bear with him because he was released yesterday like me on good behavoir. Twisted Evil

Shocked Shocked Shocked

Umm, I'm not trying to flame anybody. I only wish I could be as good as those three people I mentioned. And I don't know who your char is, but I don't doubt that I couldn't beat him. This is my first time being in range of 50s, and was my first character in over 3 years, so cut me some slack okay, I'm pretty much a noob when it comes to pking.

As for Dobson, I don't know what the heck your problem is. You took this post totally out of context. The reason I put all three of those players on there is because pretty much every time I logged on and one of those three were on, I pretty much knew that at least one of them would come after me, even while I'm naked and reequipping. And I don't think that any of these three characters mind being hated simply based on the way they act in game.

There's my rebuttal, so flame away all you want. I'll just ignore it.

0 0 0
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> Polls All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: