Forum Links 

Click to return to main page
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile  Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 
 Current Top Rated Killers 
 Next Event   Voting Links 

The event "Bad Blood - Gulgru vs Afales" is beginning in 4 days, 9 hours.

Gold Incentive

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> Ideas and Suggestions
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Do you consider yourself wealthy inside AR?
Yes I'm loaded
33%
 33%  [ 4 ]
I can't afford a slab of beef
66%
 66%  [ 8 ]
Total Votes : 12

zifnab

PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2008 3:01 am    Post subject: Gold Incentive

OK. Thought of something that could help player base some. How about earning interest from gold in the bank? Perhaps making it so that the number of hours (not tics) times total amount of gold in the bank for each log in visit.

Say for instance: 10,000 gold total x 5 hours of log in time = 50,000 gold

Take that amount and multiply by .05 or 5% = 2500 gold

So, the next time you log in it will say something like:

You have no unread notes.
2500 gold has been deposited into your bank account since your last visit.

And if its under 1 hour you receive 0 gold so that players stay awhile if anything. Mabye have the rates higher or lower? Just a suggestion. Any thoughts or ideas?

0 0 0
Adebaldi

PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2008 10:46 am    Post subject:

That would create an incentive for people to quickly gain 1000000 and sit around idleing while they get 50k an hour for it.

I think this would help veteran players a lot more then those who might actually need helping.

0 0 0
Vertas

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2008 10:15 am    Post subject:

Oh, or maybe we can just ask Dav for allowance? I dunno do you think he would go for that?
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

0 0 0
Erlwith

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2008 12:54 pm    Post subject:

Vertas wrote:
Oh, or maybe we can just ask Dav for allowance? I dunno do you think he would go for that?

I'm sure he would actually. The key is sending him lots of in game notes. Laughing

0 0 0
Kalist19
Emissary

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2008 8:53 pm    Post subject:

Most of my chars are usually broke as hell. The only gold I ever make is from killing mobs while leveling or taking it from corpses. I can never actually recall a time where I went and killed things for the sole purpose of getting gold.

0 0 0
Davor

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2008 11:03 am    Post subject:

I'd have to go for 2nd option lacking third logical - i have moderate chunk of cash on my bank account, nothing spectacular though (will afford 10 perfect recalls if i haggle poorly).

gold farming is extremely rare occasion and i never move past 20-40k on my bank account even with that activity. it is a huge bother. but the fact the gold is scarce to most players most of the time is a good thing in my book.

0 0 0
Davairus
Implementor

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2008 11:54 am    Post subject:

First of all I'm repelled by the idea of bank interest, this does not fit in the game setting AT ALL.

I have been talking with the other imms about having some gold quests that are possible to do once every day, for example, maybe if you bother to bring a warder a head of a myrrdraal he pays you 10k. The reception was luke-warm for that, but it does give something different to do rather than spam windmill in the solace tavern over surges or whatever. It came up for me because I'm looking for things people can do in 40 minute playing intervals, if you could go to some area, do a bunch of repeatable quests, and log out an hour (or less) later and 50k richer, you'd probably feel that time was well spent. And it would be something a group would be able to fly through.

My main concern with gold is not the accumulation of it (because personally i've made 1 mil in a matter of days on all my 50s regardless of class, I used to actually even pk people carrying 700k+ on occasion), its the direction that people would try to push things if they suddenly found themselves with a bunch - gold for sanc potions, gold for rares, gold for tattoos, gold for enchants, whatever. I don't want gold to have too much clout, as you can see we already have complaint and there's not much to do with it besides recall potions and gamble it all off.

0 0 0
Vertas

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2008 7:51 pm    Post subject:

Yeah I remember a few years ago i thought gold was more or less pointless with the exception of buying a slap of beef and heals at the temple...
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

0 0 0
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> Ideas and Suggestions All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: