Forum Links 

Click to return to main page
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile  Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 
 Current Top Rated Killers 
 Next Event   Voting Links 

The event "Bad Blood - Gulgru vs Afales" is beginning in 6 days, 9 hours.

My Intelligent Cause
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> The Battlefield
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bassball

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2008 1:59 am    Post subject:

I personally have to agree with MrCarb here.

In comparison to most of the people who read and post on this forum, I don't know anything about AR. I'm not really big with computers, I don't use them very much, I just log on to play AR every once in awhile(perhaps more then that, heh) because I find it to be enjoyable. But some of the bull-shit(for lack of a better word) that goes on here is just down right ridiculous. I don't understand why this turned into a huge argument full of flaming and personal attacks. MrCarb asked a VERY SIMPLE question, for the sake of curiosity, knowledge, who cares, I think he deserves an answer. If you don't know the answer, then either post such, or don't even post at all, and if you do know the answer, let him know, and thus increase his knowledge and the 'smarts' of all the other 'dumb' people who play this game, then maybe you won't feel like a genius surrounded by idiots so badly.

PS. We all know sarcasm doesn't get across the internet, perhaps it'd be best to avoid using it then.

0 0 0
Viggs

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2008 2:35 am    Post subject:

I like pie

0 0 0
Telperion

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2008 3:03 am    Post subject:

I dont know the answer to your question, McCarb, but...if you wanted to take a little time and research the phenomenon of lvl 50 shamans harming, you could use the logboard on invokation.net, rather than to level the two shamans up to 50 (I hear you about using time that way, I wouldnt want to either.) You probably wont find many lvl 50 drow shamans on the logboards, but there are plenty of other shamans, and you could compare your results with theirs.

-Good luck in your search

0 0 0
Vanisse
Immortal

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2008 4:34 am    Post subject:

you know what? this is exactly why the forum is full of retarded flame throwing crap. because everybody loves to take a simple comment and blow it all to hell. i don't know why. i don't need this and i don't need you deriding me because i didn't answer your question the way you wanted me to.

i was thinking about this seriously a few months ago. i'm leaving now. i don't think i will miss AR at all.

1 0 0
Vertas

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2008 6:16 am    Post subject:

My take. Stats are now important and balanced enough so that the only way it isn't balanced is if your not playing that combo right. Look at Quar. High str, therefore high damroll, mostly murder flees. Higher str thieves go for combat as opposed to high dex who go more for stealth fighting. Play your cards right and it's more balanced. Or maybe I'm just naive.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

0 0 0
_Clifton_
Emissary

Location: your and you're are not the same. they're, there, and their are not the same. learn to english.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2008 6:25 am    Post subject:

You stupid untesting fucks are the reason dumbass fucking rumors get started. Remember that rumor that you learn better when you quit out after 4 hours of training? How easy do you think that is to implement? Goddamn you people are stupid.

The reason you can't have nice things, is because you guys like to fuck it all up.

0 0 0
Erlwith

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2008 4:08 pm    Post subject:

Things get so blown out of proportion. First, there was never a question posed, just a rant.

Let me give you an example. This is a question: I haven't noticed a difference in drow and duergar shaman cause line of spells. Is there a difference?

This is not:

Quote:
I read somewhere that the cause spells had been made int dependant, but having played both a human and a drow shaman (only to level 30ish, granted) I can't see any difference between the damage ranges of serious, critical or harm. I'm thinking that either I'm mistaken about the int thing, or that there is some bug preventing it from operating, or that it is a very small multiplier. If its the third one I have to say that it is unlikely to make many people put up with the crappy hit points, crappy defences, crappy pk ranges and crappy weapon ward of the drow shaman. Those causes definately needed toning down for humans and duergars, but I think the Drow causes need to be something approaching the old ones if Drow is going to be viable choice, especially after what happened to dispel magic (which again, was entirely neccessary). When you cast a spell that cost twice as much mana as most afflictive spells, takes twice as long to cast and has twice the chance of failure it is kindof disheartening when you get a 'maul' out of it.

PLEASE point out the question portion of this post. WHERE is it???

Secondly, the second someone answers your "question" with an answer that doesn't suit you (specifically an answer that tells you everything you want to hear) you get defensive and accusatory. But I reiterate, there was never a question posed. This is your fault, and you shouldn't be getting all pissy that no one answered your make believe question and instead decided to reply to your rant with some advice.

Vanisse, don't leave because of stupid people. :(

0 0 0
MrCarb

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2008 4:33 pm    Post subject:

It's true that there is no question mark in there.

Now, refering you to your own response Erlwith:

"your question has been answered many times before."
Seems like a pretty stupid response to something that isn't a question.
The truth is, however, that there is a question obviously implicit within that text. You acknowledge as much in your own response. First your line of attack is that my question has already been answered, then that there never was a question. Atleast one of those positions is obviously wrong. As it turns out both of them are. If you can't work out that the origional post was looking for information about the causes then I think it's an issue with your reading and comprehesion. You should also note that your objections are entirely different to vanisse's. You two arn't on the same side, you just both happen to be against me.

Oh, and no one, with the exception of Groq (and then some others a bit later) made any attempt to "answer the question" as you put it. You just gave reasons why you would not answer it; reasons that I have even acknowledged have a certain logic to them. The "He should find out for himself" position is not one I adhere to, but it is not inherently ridiculous. Even though I don't apprectiate much of what Vanisse wrote, to lump her in with you does her a disservice.

And I didn't want to hear Groq's answer. It was the opposite of what I wanted to hear. I wanted to hear that my drow shaman would come into his own and start harming the crap out of people. Groq suggested the opposite, and I didn't, so far as I see it, get pissy with him. I was grateful.

The fact that you think I'm the one who's "pissy"...I'm not going to dignify that with a response, except to say that I think anyone reading this can see who's angry.

0 0 0
Erlwith

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2008 5:21 pm    Post subject:

Wow. Just wow. You're still avoiding the simple facts McCarb.

You didn't ask a question.
You made a statement.
You bitched because no one answered your question.
You bitched because people replied to your statement.

Go ahead and give me all the diatribe you want. You can't change the facts. Groq may have done a better job guessing what your question was and that's fine. My bad for not having the time to guess what you might or might not be asking.

The end.

0 0 0
TheOneAndOnly

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2008 6:04 pm    Post subject:

Vanisse don't go. I like cookies...

0 0 0
Adebaldi

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2008 6:29 pm    Post subject:

Where did the shamans go from this topic?

0 0 0
MrCarb

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2008 9:34 pm    Post subject:

I suppose it's best to focus on the simple facts when you can't grasp the more complicated ones.

0 0 0
jaran
Immortal

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2008 10:28 pm    Post subject:

I dont think harm is affected by intelligence, sorry. I dont have access to the code though so I could be wrong, but i'm fairly sure it doesnt. What you get with drow is sneak (very very very nice) and lots of mana basically with the obvious drawback of limited health and so on. Mana = more heals and more mals so although you might have not great health, you have the ability to heal it more than most shamans so... not really that bad at all.

As for the flaming this thread has disintegrated into, please stop - you have done enough damage already and it's getting depressingly predictable.

0 0 0
MrCarb

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2008 10:48 pm    Post subject:

Thanks...and sorry.

0 0 0
_Clifton_
Emissary

Location: your and you're are not the same. they're, there, and their are not the same. learn to english.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2008 11:13 pm    Post subject:

No. It doesn't.

0 0 0
Olyn
Immortal

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2008 12:08 am    Post subject:

Something often overlooked is the one practice to learn factor for drow, allowing for those extra trains to work for your playing style

0 0 0
Baer

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2008 12:59 am    Post subject:

MrCarb wrote:
The fact that you think I'm the one who's "pissy"...I'm not going to dignify that with a response, except to say that I think anyone reading this can see who's angry.

One might say that even posting a reply to Elly at all, would constitute a response.

That being said. You're a douche.

Van, I lurv j00!

0 0 0
TheOneAndOnly

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2008 2:24 am    Post subject:

It's somewhat off topic but relative to the conversation. Each race class combination must stick to their relative strengths. A drow would prove to be more attrittion requiring battles to be longer until the opponent is widdled down and the critical spells land. You can not stand in and take hits and hope to overpower your opponent. Fire, duergar and humans are all similar but the time in combat does not have to be as regulated as the drow. The drow being the most frail it would seem an obvious point. Thus drow get the larger mana pool to support the longer battle, it all seems relative to the race class combination and how the particular shaman would have to go about combat. You would almost think they planned it this way..

0 0 0
Slade
Emissary

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2008 6:10 am    Post subject:

I recall an official (update or Dav post, something) blurb about the cause line being now being modified by INT. I hold this to be true unless officially refuted otherwise.

0 0 0
MrCarb

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2008 9:51 am    Post subject:

That's what I remember, but when I searched all I could find was one instance of it being mentioned in passing by Erlwith in the "Worst combos" thread. But really, if no one's noticed it, how big can it be?

0 0 0
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> The Battlefield All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: