Forum Links 

Click to return to main page
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile  Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 
 Current Top Rated Killers 
 Next Event   Voting Links 

The event "Bad Blood - Gulgru vs Afales" is beginning in 6 days, 21 hours.

No more dirt kick

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Stiehl26

PostPosted: Fri Dec 26, 2008 1:08 pm    Post subject: No more dirt kick

I am not sure where to put this, and I dont seem to be around on the game when immortals are on. I have recently started playing Striehl, the former Knight thief, again. I noticed when I got on with him that I no longer have dirt kick. I am not sure if this is just a general bug, or a bug associated with having been taken out of the Knights (for inactivity). Anyway, could someone please direct me on how to get this addressed. I tried a "note to immortals" but I wasn't sure if it was with an (s) at the end of immortal or not. Thanks for any direction I can get...dirt kick is just a tad useful for a thief.

0 0 0
Erlwith

PostPosted: Fri Dec 26, 2008 3:52 pm    Post subject:

when you're kicked out of a cabal you generally lose specific skills, like dirt kick.

0 0 0
kento
Emissary

PostPosted: Fri Dec 26, 2008 8:45 pm    Post subject:

basically... they take away skills that could make that character actually useful. Only in specific cases do they not take away skills.

0 0 0
Stiehl26

PostPosted: Fri Dec 26, 2008 8:55 pm    Post subject:

Are you saying that they punish my undeniable service to the Knights and me merely having real life things that had urgently needed attending to is enough to make all the time I put into my character useless???

0 0 0
Erlwith

PostPosted: Fri Dec 26, 2008 9:11 pm    Post subject:

From what I saw you were pretty inactive for a while now. Did you write a note to the cabal? Did you attempt to get in contact with your superiors and let them know you'd be absent for an extended duration? If your answer is no you really don't have a right to complain about getting kicked out of your cabal and subsequently losing skills for a lengthy absence. Inactivity is inactivity, you're just taking up space in a cabal that someone else could be actively filling.

0 0 0
Stiehl26

PostPosted: Fri Dec 26, 2008 9:20 pm    Post subject:

That I was taken out of the cabal was fine...I completely understand that. I'm not sure where you see that I'm complaining about being kicked out of the Knights. I'm new to this whole affair. Being in the Knights was a first for me in the cabal area...so forgive me if I didn't know that I needed to fill out a fucking essay to this person and that person while I'm trying to deal with a shitstorm in my real life. My problem is that I didnt get "dishonorably discharged" from the Knights. I sucked at PK...but I marched out and died and got full looted by whoever wanted to pad their PK record. So my payment for that service is the loss of one of the most important PK abilities in a thief's arsenal? Whatever man...you don't have to be a dick. I would rather have had no response...thanks.

0 0 0
Ceridwel
Immortal

PostPosted: Fri Dec 26, 2008 10:22 pm    Post subject:

Stiehl26 wrote:
Whatever man...you don't have to be a dick.

Dude, chill out. He wasn't being a dick, he was answering your question. And in my opinion if you don't know about losing skills as a result of being kicked out of a Cabal, you didn't belong in the Cabal in the first place.

0 0 0
Stiehl26

PostPosted: Sat Dec 27, 2008 1:30 am    Post subject:

How, since cabals by their very nature and intent are shrouded in secrecy, would I know that there were skill losses associated with being uninducted from a cabal? The stuff that comes out of these boards is incredibly frustrating 9/10's of the time. Once in a while I get a non-sarcastic, non-degrading, or a non-"I know all and if you dont then your a fucking retard", answer. I would have loved one of those types of responses here. One of the immortals put me in the Knights, so for whatever reason they thought I should be a member. I just thought that in r/p terms the Knights would not condemn a member, or former member as this case may be, who had served with distinction for them. I would 100% understand if I was teaming up with Legion or evils or whatever and I got kicked out and had skill losses associated with that. That would be a punishment befitting the break in R/P. Since that was not the case I was hoping an immortal would take the time to give me a heads up.

0 0 0
Kalist19
Emissary

PostPosted: Sat Dec 27, 2008 3:09 am    Post subject:

Sometimes if characters lose skills through 'honorable discharge' like in your scenario, they can get them back if they return to activity and show that they can contribute to the game. For example, if you really liked that character you could come back and pick up from where you left off, fighting legion, helping knights, roleplaying, etc. You would be sort of like a level 50 squire. It's all about making a positive contribution and having fun while you are doing it.

Another thing to consider is to go the Noble route. You can't be aggressive but you would still be very closely tied with the Knights. You could have a lot of fun with that roleplay too - leaving Knights to do something crazy that gives you enough prestige to become a noble (remember nobility here is like nobility in the middle ages, to you everyone else is just a peasant).

The other option would be to make a new character and start from scratch. Really, the bottom line is that you are here for fun. Think about what you would like to play, what you would like to accomplish (make friends, have people fear you, attain a good pk status, or be an annoying little theif, etc) and just go for what you think would be fun.

Good luck.

P.S. Welcome back, it's always great to have people return to AR once their real life stuff gives them enough of a break to slip away long enough to play some MUD.

0 0 0
Resatimm
Takes the Cake

PostPosted: Sat Dec 27, 2008 10:26 pm    Post subject:

It is hard coded that when someone is uninducted from a cabal they lose 'x' skills based on what class they are. Dont get too bent out of shape. Most of us has had more than one kicked out of a cabal due to inactivity. I realize that real life shit took precidence, and good on you to take care of your life, but just go with the uninduction. It could lead to interested RP things.

I lost a legion shaman to inactivity, and I lost frenzy, sanctuary, demon fire and sanctuary. It made things interesting. Also lost a berserker from legion, and lost bodyslam, rage and dirt kick. It changed the game for me and I actually got a few extra kills using other under-used skills, while my opponents were waiting for the bodyslam or rage.

Oh I also lost a thief knight and lost blackjack, backstab and dirt kick.

All of them due to real world shit.

If you had sent a quick note saying you wont be back for awhile, most cabal leaders would give you extra time. You dont have to send an essay. Take it as a learning experience.

0 0 0
Amdorin

Location: No matter how much a failure, no life is worthless. You can always serve as a bad example.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2008 7:34 am    Post subject:

Reminds me of thief Katriena...

that former Legion Forsaken lost plenty skills and hide by bein perma faerie fired..hide! (he just got booted tho)

Trust that inactivity boot is far less painful than epic-fail boot (less "embarrassing" too). But yeah, that's how it works. I believe if you work your way back into the cabal you get the skill back but it's reset to 75%. Much better than nothing.

Striehl was human thief right? You can roll another one up with the quickness anyway and hop right back into Knights fresh if you liked.

0 0 0
Davor

PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2008 10:46 am    Post subject:

Resatimm wrote:

I lost a legion shaman to inactivity, and I lost frenzy, sanctuary, demon fire and sanctuary.

holy shit Res, i'd totally flip out if they took my both sancs... Scream Domokun Ninja Domokun Scream

And Katriena was an illusionist Amdorin...

0 0 0
Resatimm
Takes the Cake

PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2008 8:28 pm    Post subject:

DONT MESS WITH DRUNK PEOPLE FUCKSTA

0 0 0
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> Newbie Q/A All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: