Forum Links 

Click to return to main page
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile  Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 
 Current Top Rated Killers 
 Next Event   Voting Links 

The event "Bad Blood - Gulgru vs Afales" is beginning in 4 days, 9 hours.

New Set

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> Ideas and Suggestions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Nakachi

PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2008 9:21 pm    Post subject: New Set

So I've noticed that moss covered sword and jagged sword seem to be a common combo, at least for me, while dual wielding swords.. Training.. Etc. It would be a good idea to make these two, while being dual wielded, into a set. The set should grant 2 hit/2 dam or possibly 5% enhanced learning instead. The set bonus is open for discussion and argument, but these two weapons seem good candidates for a weapon set.

0 0 0
Wholesale Johnson

PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2008 2:14 am    Post subject:

I don't think you can just implement ideas just because they sound cool. Everyone would use it, and so it wouldn't change anything. And a 5% increase sounds pretty big, especially if you're counting it for every single skill. And if it were to be a set, I think it would have to take longer than a minute and a half to get for such rewards.

0 0 0
Nakachi

PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2008 5:01 am    Post subject:

Did I say it sounded cool? No. I basically, in a nut shell (if you can read properly) said that it seems practical due to the high usage of the weapons.

0 0 0
Ceridwel
Immortal

PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2008 6:00 am    Post subject:

Interesting. Are you thinking a low-level set or mixed level?

0 0 0
Nakachi

PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2008 6:19 am    Post subject:

I was thinking more along the lines of a set designed for level 15 - 40 that is practical for use whether it be in pk or just fighting mobs. Beyond 40 the set of course could still be used, but at that point people are getting more powerful weapons, higher averages, etc..

0 0 0
RebornShadows

PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2008 6:30 am    Post subject:

by lvl 30 no one should be useing a moss covered sword or a jagged sword there are better swords that most can get

0 0 0
Nakachi

PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2008 7:07 am    Post subject:

Well, there is the holy avenger and swiftbird sword, both anti_evil, one with limited capacity. There are a few others that are less common as well I suppose, but the moss sword is easily attainable as is the jagged sword. And, both are light weight which is a big issue for me when gathering weapons and such on low str chars. I had this combo more in mind for training than pking anyway, and also it doesn't have to be the jagged sword as the dual wielded. It could be a leaf dagger or any other emerald/goblin village weapon too. Vine whip, bullwhip, hunting knife, chieftain's sceptre, jagged dagger, etc.. Obviously making the lighter one the dual wielded.

0 0 0
Mummy

PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2008 9:48 pm    Post subject:

Wholesale Johnson wrote:
I don't think you can just implement ideas just because they sound cool. Everyone would use it, and so it wouldn't change anything. And a 5% increase sounds pretty big, especially if you're counting it for every single skill. And if it were to be a set, I think it would have to take longer than a minute and a half to get for such rewards.

I second the motion.

0 0 0
Davairus
Implementor

PostPosted: Thu Jan 01, 2009 3:44 am    Post subject:

Just make a drow dk and dual wield all you want. That said I am sort of unopposed to making weapons with +damroll affect procs for levelling, where average uptime could be controlled over a long period without me having to worry about them being too powerful for pk'ing, but then you would probably not be interested in something like that.

0 0 0
Garion

PostPosted: Thu Jan 01, 2009 8:09 pm    Post subject:

I think, that if we were going to take the time to make new sets, make a new set for each class, thats class specific, IE, anyone could wear them if they could wear the proper weapons ect, but each set would be most beneficial to each seperate class. Also though, make them VERY hard to get. Like torments of hell, The scarabs of death, and the Bracers of Torment are very hard to get, but Im thinking probably even harder.

0 0 0
Davairus
Implementor

PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2009 7:07 pm    Post subject:

If your idea's balancing factor is "very hard to get" its just another way of not really implementing it because its an overboard idea. There's plenty of precedence for mistakes like that. We would like the goodies to be accessible and rare limits are a fairly effective control on quantity of the best sets. Sets are a good way to give a utility boost to otherwise crap rares that builders have added, but I'm wary of repeating the same sets just to use everything up. I think we already reached a state where I can say, well, whatever your thinking of now is already covered adequately if you look at whats there. So look for something a bit more off-the-wall that we have completely missed I suppose. We did stop adding sets before they felt completely saturated, so you have the potential to actually come up with something decent we would have done if we hadnt.

0 0 0
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> Ideas and Suggestions All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: