Forum Links 

Click to return to main page
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile  Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 
 Current Top Rated Killers 
 Next Event   Voting Links 

The event "Bad Blood - Gulgru vs Afales" is beginning in 4 days, 9 hours.

Paladin/DK Improvement

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> Ideas and Suggestions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ergorion

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2009 2:30 pm    Post subject: Paladin/DK Improvement

I was thinking that perhaps paladins and maybe DKs should get something that helps them deal with hobble. My two ideas were:

1) Let them learn barrage. This would make the guessing games slightly easier on paladins/DKs.

2) Have them cause arm distension when they parry or maybe set parry.

The ultimate goal of this would be to make hobbling paladins slightly harder to hobble.

edit: I think I left this unclear, but the two ideas are separate ideas for the same issue rather than one single idea. So the ideas are independent.

0 0 0
Kren

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2009 4:23 pm    Post subject:

There are two classes in the game that can hobble.

As far as I know there are two ways to avoid hobble weapon ward and combat style superiority. Pally's and DK's don't get ward so you've got to maintain style superiority to not get hobbled. Keep in mind this is what the warrior berserker will be trying to do anyways as to get concentrated attacks and land the hobble to begin with. The difference is that the Pally or DK doesn't have some awsome skill to use when in style advantage because.... you are not a warrior or berserker.

Giving Pally's and DK's a way to combat the hobble? Just get on more of a damage suit and overwhelm your oppenent. Your not loosing your dodge because you don't have it to begin with and still have the benefits of holy/unholy armor just don't flee when inferior to avoid the bonus attacks as thats when hobble will crush you like a grape.

Of course you will still get dirted, tripped, bashed, and bodslammed
but you can heal, wrath, and flamestrike and can get easy damroll with devine sacrifice and errantry (or firball plague harm bash dirt) its a choice you made when you chose the class.

Certain classes are simply harder to face with other classes so while one matchup leaves you at a disadvantage there are others thats that the scales tip in your favor.

0 0 0
Davairus
Implementor

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2009 6:14 pm    Post subject:

Well when you roll a DK, what makes you any different from a warrior? Both probably want to wear nicely protective armor and good weapons, thats for sure. In the DK cast, he choose to focus half of his attention on offensive spells, whereas warrior goes the pure melee route. You're asking us to fix an intended weakness that came along from the ride when dark-knights tried to be high damage caster-tanks. If we needed a hobble fix for them, we'd give them weapon wards - we gave them set parry and curse weapon to protect adequaetly against disarms. They also get more hp per level than mages. If you want to be 100% sure of being able to cast spells, simply use your shield for safety - with a mace for parry if you want to - there's no way to lag you when you are set up like that. If you want 100% safety against hobble, play a more survivable caster, like a shaman. I can't see paladins getting buffed for similar reasons. I worry about their effectiveness against dirt kick a lot more, but then you do have the choice of making high dex elf, so thats your call.

0 0 0
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> Ideas and Suggestions All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: