Forum Links 

Click to return to main page
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile  Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 
 Current Top Rated Killers 
 Next Event   Voting Links 

The event "Bad Blood - Gulgru vs Afales" is beginning in 6 days, 5 hours.

Contract/Anathema/etc...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> The Battlefield
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ace High

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2009 12:12 am    Post subject: Contract/Anathema/etc...

How about making so that if you become contracted or anathema, you know it with some sort of flag visible to you. For example, when you become wanted, everyone knows it because of your flag. I was recently ganged by a couple of Legion because apparently I was contracted. I hadn't even fought a Legion in several weeks, so I was totally unaware that I was contracted (still not sure why). Anyways, had I known, I might have been a bit more prepared. Anyways, just a thought.

0 0 0
xanthas

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2009 12:25 am    Post subject:

How about things are fine they way you are. Just go on the assumption that you are contracted and prepare for the gangbang.

0 0 0
crazyhorse

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2009 1:19 am    Post subject:

I would like to add to this. I have been killed by 3 evils recently. All three deaths have happened after I did whatever I did to become an anathema. I was naked as hell, had two weapons and thats it. Kavere and emmy come up and gang the fuck out of me. wtf? No clue what I did to become anathema, and it was weeks ago and at least 3 deaths and a full suit of decent eq before this. I dont mind keeping the flag if an evil kills you, but you should have some warning if your naked, and right now you have none.

0 0 0
Emilise

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2009 3:53 am    Post subject:

Or you can pay more attention. Everytime I have been flagged one or the other it has said you are now contracted, or you are now Anathema

0 0 0
Mummy

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2009 7:34 am    Post subject:

... Lucky... it's never said that for me....

0 0 0
Amdorin

Location: No matter how much a failure, no life is worthless. You can always serve as a bad example.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2009 9:40 am    Post subject:

You only get warned that you're flagged when you capture an item, or invade justice. That's it. I agree with the warnings, but I don't think you should be warned if someone purchases a contract on you though.

0 0 0
crazyhorse

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2009 12:32 pm    Post subject:

I agree with Amdorin. And would like to slap the stupidity that is emmy.

0 0 0
Simpleton

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2009 12:55 pm    Post subject:

If your naked then you should move your ass and run away. When you lose the group then explain your condition. Knights have honor and surely would not attack a naked player. I think their is more to the story than two knights running around killing a naked evil. A quick way to know if your anathema is to go to valour. When the guards attack you'll know.

0 0 0
crazyhorse

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2009 4:43 pm    Post subject:

I failed hide 5 times. Obviously I would have noted that I was naked if I had the chance.

0 0 0
Emilise

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2009 6:49 pm    Post subject:

Yeah, Of course when your naked DON"T TRY TO BLACKJACK KNIGHTS. Because we arent going to look and see what your wearing. We are just going to kill you. ESPECIALLY if your already Anathema.

0 0 0
crazyhorse

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2009 7:36 pm    Post subject:

When two knights come running at the location Im at, I am going to try to remove one so I can run from the other. Its simple tactics.

0 0 0
Thorgoth
Immortal

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2009 9:50 pm    Post subject:

Simpleton wrote:
Knights have honor and surely would not attack a naked player.

Ha, yeah right. Those were the Knights of old, now the new ones are bloodthirsty and will stop at nothing to get a pk or eq.

0 0 0
Ace High

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2009 1:49 am    Post subject:

I agree with Amdorin that if someone purchases a contract on you then it should be hidden. However if you kill a protected person and become contracted, then I think that you should be aware. You get a big fat You are now WANTED when you are marked wanted and you remain with a big flag for everyone to see. How about an initial warning for each (anathema, contract, wanted) and then no visible flag.

I agree, if you see two Legions palling around, then you should prepare to get ganged, but I expect that caballed players should get their kills one to one (unless if you're flagged), but that doesn't seem to happen too much anymore. Not trying to bitch; just trying to suggest something. If it's shot down, then no biggie. Just think it's something that could be easily evened out.

0 0 0
Davor

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2009 2:38 pm    Post subject:

Why should you know that you killed a protected person? Justice is a public service, so when you break the law, the flag is somewhat a public notice sent to all shopkeepers and such that you are wanted criminal and citizens that you are a danger(much like getting wanted in RL). Contract is personal arangement with Legion, I fail to see why should you upon kill be informed of "secret" pact between the legion and the protected.

0 0 0
Ceridwel
Immortal

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2009 3:04 pm    Post subject:

I think of it like if someone unknowingly killed a member of the Mafia. Would Don Corleone send you a nice message telling you you were on their hitlist? No. You'd simply feel a blade between your ribs at some inopportune time.

0 0 0
Vevier
Immortal

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2009 5:28 pm    Post subject:

There are some role-playing opportunities here. You could be the kind of bastard that doesn't want anyone to know that he's protected so that if he loses a fight he starts, then he gets revenge on them. Or you could be the kind of person that uses it as a deterrent. "You don't want to attack me, I'm protected." Realistically there is no way you would know who is protected. Presumably the Legion have a list somewhere (they can see protected tags) but thats cause its their job, otherwise you just have word of mouth. By the same means, you could viably claim to be protected when you aren't, which seems legit to me, but I wouldn't want to be on when a real Legion comes around.

0 0 0
Elvena

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2009 1:54 am    Post subject:

protected used to be able to see each other if you were both from darkhaven. It also used to be similar to contracted.

0 0 0
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> The Battlefield All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: