Forum Links 

Click to return to main page
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile  Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 
 Current Top Rated Killers 
 Next Event   Voting Links 

The event "Bad Blood - Gulgru vs Afales" is beginning in 5 days, 13 hours.

Why's everybody leaving?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic :: View next topic  

Why's everybody leaving?
Tired of OOC groups
10%
 10%  [ 4 ]
Tired of Deiminos (hee hee)
5%
 5%  [ 2 ]
Tired of getting their asses handed to 'em, and using "bad RP" as an excuse to leave
21%
 21%  [ 8 ]
Tired of all the general bickering, bitching and bullshit
26%
 26%  [ 10 ]
Tired of Dobson and DropThat
5%
 5%  [ 2 ]
Tired of having their lame skill/class ideas chewed up and spit out
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Tired of seeing images of various Imms doing things to barnyard animals
10%
 10%  [ 4 ]
Tired of the "lack of RP"
10%
 10%  [ 4 ]
Tired of the "lack of PK challenge/competition"
5%
 5%  [ 2 ]
Tired of not having the 'same experience as my old/other mud'
5%
 5%  [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 38

Mendek

PostPosted: Sat May 29, 2004 1:24 am    Post subject:

People leave because Imms say things like this:

: 'You are overly condescending.'
an Immortal: 'Really?'
: 'And you have purposely twisted my words.'
an Immortal: 'In my realm, on my cabal channel.'
an Immortal: 'This is mine.'

0 0 0
Davairus
Implementor

PostPosted: Sat May 29, 2004 2:45 am    Post subject:

Yeah, that looks like the immortal was completely out of line saying something like that to a mortal. Here's the kind of things I hear all the time from immortals on cabal channels.

: 'Last I saw he had four pieces of eq, two I gave him.'
(this is a guy who I had just seen enquire through tells with the person he was talking about and learned he'd gangbanged some guy he's supposed an ally of. he chose to do nothing.)

:'I'm not going to miss christmaz to play ar'
(a guy who had it pointed out to him that he called a cabal to war and then vanished for weeks)

:'You're manipulating this entire War to your whims.'
(random nonsenical personal attack after having a repeated argument torpedoed for the third time)

And my personal favorite for this week:

:'Bah, trying to RP is dead then I suppose.'

Whoops, sorry. Those were actually said by MORTALS. You can see more retarded stuff people say in help excuses. All those guys ended up slayed with characters denied.

0 0 0
marsd

PostPosted: Sat May 29, 2004 4:07 am    Post subject:

lol. shite.. when I got caught for scripting I begged to get an excuse on that room's desc. lol... :'( fck.

0 0 0
Misera

PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2004 12:10 am    Post subject:

krok wrote:
well i left AR after playing for about 4 years or so. took a little break. now iam back and NOTHING HAS CHANGED!!! I havent had played for bit over year, now when i started. what was the biggest thing i discoverd? river had changed, few quests have moved, no more market square, fells and abys are gone and thats pretty much it. I loved the Ar when there was football games etc. it was fun. but now? maybe its just me but its boring.
the reason i left was that it was getting boring. and RP was gone, all i heard in the last end was f*** U ill log on with my warlord/legion/knight and rape you if you dont give me your things. Fun? i doubt it. i left when Naydra (was spelled like that i think) was the knight leader. And returned last week.
So Dav and other imms PLEASE do something new, maybe another attack from fells? Right now it is still boring, played for week and already bored. Embarassed

weren't u banned when you made the multiple newbie characters with bad names, spammed, wrote false bad reviews on tms. and then was heard in town in estonia speaking about burzuk, banned from chat, and then disappeared?

0 0 0
Clifton

PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2004 12:15 am    Post subject:

pwned by lil ol' mis

0 0 0
Brains

PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2004 12:29 am    Post subject:

fat.

0 0 0
Matthais

PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2004 12:33 am    Post subject:

I have to agree with mendek's post. That was some unbelievable shit that was going on in that conversation.

0 0 0
Xonovik

PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2004 5:01 am    Post subject:

People like me have been gone, thinking to never come back to AR, because of time restrictions, and an attempt to move on. But I play AR like I play starcraft, which is play for a chunk at a time, and then leave for a while, and then come back to see if my skills have gone down from the 3 years(months or days even) I've played before. AR for me gets exciting at first, testing my skills seeing who's better than me, and enjoying anyone who's worse than me. Although, I do emphasize my RP skill than PK(as some know, it's only average). I've never played a long enough chunk of time (even if it is long, I was never fully committed) to even have gone through trying all the classes and never once had a cabaled character. I felt inferior(probably jealous is a better word, but there's a better word for it because of the reason) when someone I helped get started into AR within a year gets cabaled, but I know he was just PK, and no RP whatsoever. Coincidences like that demotivate me to play AR, because it was just made less fun. I started all the way back in 98, and looking back, compared to some people, I should be an AR playing guru. Well.. things just don't happen that way.

I personally think AR is first a PK mud, then a roleplaying one, although to a noob it won't look that way. And PK is the problem, in a sense that someone could just be trying to do things on his own and whatnot, and dies 3-5 times in an hour because someone just logged on and wanted to PK someone, all not necessarily having any connection with each other. Dying more than once or twice a day is pretty depressing already, but when it happens 3-5 in an hour, it makes you want to just leave AR for a while.(Or in some people's cases, get out their cabaled chars to stomp you, which extends the chain.)

AR is probably the only mud I have stuck to since 98, there was one other that I was a part of for a while, but ultimately the reason I like AR is because it isn't a virtual chatroom. Most other muds that do have 100,200,300,1000+ people playing are essentially chatrooms with things for you to kill.

Don't get me wrong, AR is a great mud, although I personally think it's the players(no names will be given) as a whole that mess it up. The problem for me is far to complex to comprehend any solution to improve the game, much less the playerbase. So unless people have any real ideas, this game will be the same no matter what.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger

0 0 0
E-ant

PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2004 8:28 am    Post subject:

All players suck and so do imms (except for Eldorian, hes phucking phat)

So we should all commit Seppuku and eat a frisbee

0 0 0
Gygh

PostPosted: Sat Jun 19, 2004 7:41 am    Post subject: Re:

You forgot the 'tired of being grounded' part... Up intill about two-three months ago, I had internet, but was still grounded- now I'm still (kinda) grounded and rarely have internet.

0 0 0
saracelrin

PostPosted: Sat Jun 19, 2004 10:32 am    Post subject:

I dont know about anybody else but i find you get to late thirties/early forties and you find people are only interested in ranking and killing each other for no reasonable rp reason.
Goods help only goods,evils have the worst rp in the world just hack n slash everything moving,no one defends thier guilds when attacked just run off or quit and when you get into the range of the fifties you find they've hoarded all the rares so you have virtually no chance of winning against them when they attack you.
And before the forum guru's start hacking at me maybe you should look at your high level characters and see how many rares you have with you intimate knowledge of AR.I personally have no rares on my characters,why,'cos i dont know where all of them are and second if i did they wouldnt be there.
I find it hard with any of my characters to fight not at a disadvantage against most people above forty and i amagine alot of noobs who get as far as forty find it the same.
It takes no skill to wear rares especially when they can give such an advantage over others without.
Maybe the rares limit should be more stringent , i dont know, thats for imms to decide.
I know i probably wont rank anything new over thirty because i know above that its its going to be an uneven fight and i've been playing well over a year to know most of the areas and how to fight against most classes.This game is about knowing your strengths and others weaknesses and using those to fight but when you ask for advice or help from others most noobs get blanked(i try to help but im far from allknowing)so they slog on through the ranks then get thier ass kicked by a decked out player for no other reason than being fresh meat.
Maybe make an option for new players to have characters at creation who only rank to 25 or 30 allowing them to get a feel for the game.I've always found that range is evenly balanced for fights with almost all your guild skills but maybe thats just me.
Face it no one wants to play a game where most of the other players cant be bothered to help you in the begining then rip you up at a higher level.

0 0 0
Brains

PostPosted: Sat Jun 19, 2004 8:18 pm    Post subject:

At this point, you make a ninja and train him to 100%. Outfit him with +hitroll gear and carry around a few backup items for saves, when needed. Proceed to annoy the hell out of the level 50s, occasionally killing one. Vanish is a key skill here when in trouble; note that you need to manage your mana.

To learn where rares are, get a mage/cleric to 50 and spam "c locate". Forget about the uniques... they're never around to be found. I've been here for years and only know of, for example, the locations of two of the crappiest dual-parry weapons.

Note that it doesn't take much skill to get rares, but it does require skill in at least one area in order to keep said rares.

Lastly, while none of my characters have ever been feared PKers (AFAIK), they almost exclusively used nothing but non-rares. Critch, a drow shaman, was the exception, but if you had to fight the Knights on those stupid horsies every day, you'd want a little more -svs... None of my characters have come close to a con-death.
This includes: mino zerk (not the one I deleted), avian invoker, werebeast ranger (falcon), avian thief, avian ninja, gnome illusionist, illithid psi.

0 0 0
Gygh

PostPosted: Wed Jun 30, 2004 8:11 pm    Post subject: Re:

Okay, my brother and I are doing drum corps this summer- one reason why I'm hardly ever on Ar. I keep saying (with my bard) that I've been travelling to gather information for my story. My brother has been saying stuff like "I was framed for my fathers death and exiled from my homeland"- this really confused someone, I think they might have thought that he was actually framed in real life. But yeah, last year the summer was an awesome time to play Ar, but this year everyone seems to be going on vacation as opposed to staying home.

0 0 0
Hrash

PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2004 6:24 pm    Post subject:

After playing on practically one mud for..seven years (holy fuck), it really isn't as fun as before. I've basically done everything, tried everything. New muds that I try playing seem to be the same as AR..not as thrilling as before. Guess I'm just sick of playing mud. Leveling up, training, hunting for people to pk, hoping you don't get killed while you are idle, equipping, dying, re-equipping, dying, etc...just doesn't work for me anymore.

0 0 0
xanthas

PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2004 6:47 pm    Post subject: Re:

Gygh wrote:
"I was framed for my fathers death and exiled from my homeland"

Ferdinos huh...

0 0 0
xanthas

PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2004 6:59 pm    Post subject:

saracelrin wrote:
... and when you get into the range of the fifties you find they've hoarded all the rares so you have virtually no chance of winning against them when they attack you.

You have a lot to learn saracelrin. Obviously rares do have their advantages, but in most cases if your skill > opponent skill, regardless of equipment, you're going to be looting their corpse. You really shouldn't be concerned about getting rares if you're sticking by the theory in your post. Make yourself a nice little shaman like most everyone has, at one point or another, and go item hunting. If stuff isn't in, wait for a storm and get your shaman back on and locate stuff. It's very easy to learn.

0 0 0
Clifton

PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2004 11:40 pm    Post subject:

Dudes, which corps??? And are you going to be in Madison this weekend? D-1, D-2, or D-3...

* +10 respect points *

0 0 0
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> Polls All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: