Forum Links 

Click to return to main page
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile  Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 
 Current Top Rated Killers 
 Next Event   Voting Links 

The event "Bad Blood - Gulgru vs Afales" is beginning in 6 days, 12 hours.

A new Idea to help in my opinion
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> Ideas and Suggestions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
_Clifton_
Emissary

Location: your and you're are not the same. they're, there, and their are not the same. learn to english.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2009 9:01 pm    Post subject:

The problem is that the system is broken. Hoarding is retardedly easy is you're uncaballed and have outs. Remember Liraleyn? Remember any handful of healers? All it takes is 5 minutes of hiding to log off and quit to hoard whatever rares exist. If you want more activity at 50, make rares available to get and get rid of the hoarding. This has been a problem for the last few years when permabash illusions/pets were removed. Healers could still hoard before then too.

0 0 0
kieros

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2009 8:01 pm    Post subject:

If you guys don't want a kill count then the timer idea is the best. What we need is a way to make players show up to use their equipment. Even if someone doesn't want to fight, someone can always bring the fight to him. My whole point to this was to increase the player base, I also like the level requirement for rares. If you can't wear red dragon until level 20, why should you be able to wear a level 50 item at 30. I am pretty sure the imms know what items are attainable at a minimal level and which are not and maybe restrict them accordingly. I also do not see the point of auctioning items, other than a slap in the face to the person you killed, what you don't need should be sacrificed. One thing that I think would be nice that could help also is more set items, maybe even involving random gear for a particular set. Even if some sets are similar it would be fun to try and look cool. I know myself that when im glowing and humming its no better feeling. Plus I could never wear an opal ring and any other ring even it was better, I have to match and I am sure a lot of players are like that. So in conclusion rare timer, more set items and level restrictions on rares to help balance the lower ranks. Btw thanks for reading and responding keep playing, killing and dying we all enjoy each other.

0 0 0
Mahkan

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2009 4:01 pm    Post subject:

goofy wrote:
Theres no one else out there but us doing this. theres no other mud like this, we have playing killing, brains over brawn, full loot, we are pioneers and perhaps the last of our kind, the rare few who remain on the battlefields of the mind. Who willingly lives part-time in a fantasy virtual reality and concerns themselves in power, murder, and politics? The book is better then the movie. computers are like books, as a child you look at the pictures, but when you group up you 'read' them. the importance of learning about computer networks, the internet, and programing cannot be measured, these things are the future, this is the age of technology, and true power will come with knowledge of these things as computers advance. only on muds, like this one can you program your character, if you choose, by interacting directly with 'real world' objects like swords and potions, other programming that people learning are forced to start out with more abstract ideas. I am eternally great-full to the realms, because they showed me the light, the truth thats lays with computing, It is because of interest in compiling a mud i could play with out going online that i discovered one thing that might help save the world. Linux. so yo, I'm trying to say that I believe in this.

epic.

0 0 0
Arishel

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2009 4:35 pm    Post subject:

Here's an idea. Let's say if you're not considered a danger, who cares what you're hoarding. You'll eventually get killed/gangbanged if it's VERY useful. If you are a danger, depending on the hours needed to be safe from purge. Make it to where you are warned three times before the devourer of ancient lore (mob name that comes to mind for a mob who devours rare/unique material upon making a save check for time of usage of items) If a danger, of course. After the fourth entry without heeding the warnings of more time. The devourer comes about to harvest your gear when you sleep. Comes in your nightmares though. I think that you should just suck it up and deal with it, but that's me. This may be an opening to something further though. Could be a necromancer/Illusionist spell called nightmare that makes you lose unique equipment after the devourer of ancient lore comes to take your item targeted? Who knows, maybe keepers need to be able to pull someone through a rift to take an even greater advantage of rare hoarding. Or make them be able to have contracts on dangered individuals, that way they could spy on dangered characters. Now, after all of these examples, is it really worth it to bitch about hoarding? If they change one thing, you know that atleast a handful of people will say Hey, this isn't right it needs to be like this. Then you have bitching all over again. If you don't hoard gear, then yay for you. If you do, you're probably just a noob who's afraid to lose the eq or outnumbered when you log on. Either way, if you don't hoard eq, then you know you're that much better, b/c you can stick it out with the big boys. Lol. I think my novel is done.

0 0 0
Olyn
Immortal

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2009 6:49 pm    Post subject:

I see nothing wrong with the current system. Just a couple of crybabies who can't get the rares they want.

0 0 0
Thorgoth
Immortal

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2009 7:55 pm    Post subject:

word

0 0 0
Amdorin

Location: No matter how much a failure, no life is worthless. You can always serve as a bad example.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2009 8:08 pm    Post subject:

Arishel... what did you just say? LOL

I just want the cabal completed. A warcry and maybe activate the other skill. All I ask for the cabal, lol. I know this is slowly becoming about keepers, but I wonder if there's an issue with activating the other skill or finishing it off because Keepers are performing competitively just as they are even though they're highly dependent on a set for competitive action in AR.

0 0 0
Davairus
Implementor

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2009 5:33 am    Post subject:

Try gambling if you want to "collect" nice items but have no rares to waste your time getting. Or get to 50 and do winter. That stuff is always in.

0 0 0
Insom

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2009 10:31 pm    Post subject:

I think the current system is fine. What does suck is like Clif said, running through all the hard areas and finding out that there is nothing to gain. Are the monthly purges all happen at the same time? As I recall, items would repop and there would be a bunch of people running around getting stuff. How about making the monthly repop a progressive event based on characters and not the actual calendar? For example, player A would be purged on 8/23 based on his character creation. Player B would be on 8/24. I think this rewards players that randomly check the items and also reduces the likelyhood of a player like me, who used to log in on 7/29 to c 'locate object' "rare 1".

As far as killing quotas are concerned? I think there should be a minimum of 1 pk. This tells me you at least stuck around for one fight or initiated one fight and therefore did something with your rare. I ran and hid and logged out and I went months without 1 pk. Heralds and Mystics can duel to death for their one pk to hang on to their rares.

0 0 0
Davairus
Implementor

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2009 4:49 am    Post subject:

Well, here's a proposal. Quit showing where all the rares are on invokation.net, and maybe then they'll be in more often. Since not everyone knows where the rares load. Its first come first served when everybody knows. Shrug. AFAIK you guys made this problem so you can think of a way to solve it

0 0 0
Ergorion

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2009 11:52 am    Post subject:

Davairus wrote:
Well, here's a proposal. Quit showing where all the rares are on invokation.net, and maybe then they'll be in more often. Since not everyone knows where the rares load. Its first come first served when everybody knows. Shrug. AFAIK you guys made this problem so you can think of a way to solve it

Post phony rares on invokation and have nubs running around following red herrings.

0 0 0
Tiqa

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2009 7:28 pm    Post subject:

Insom wrote:
I think the current system is fine. What does suck is like Clif said, running through all the hard areas and finding out that there is nothing to gain. Are the monthly purges all happen at the same time? As I recall, items would repop and there would be a bunch of people running around getting stuff. How about making the monthly repop a progressive event based on characters and not the actual calendar? For example, player A would be purged on 8/23 based on his character creation. Player B would be on 8/24. I think this rewards players that randomly check the items and also reduces the likelyhood of a player like me, who used to log in on 7/29 to c 'locate object' "rare 1".

As far as killing quotas are concerned? I think there should be a minimum of 1 pk. This tells me you at least stuck around for one fight or initiated one fight and therefore did something with your rare. I ran and hid and logged out and I went months without 1 pk. Heralds and Mystics can duel to death for their one pk to hang on to their rares.

On a recent graveyard post I ranted about hating it when people delete their characters. I collected some graveyard data and planned on posting it to see if anyone could see any trends in deletions or inactivity to try to prevent some occurrences. Unfortunately, it is on an excel spreadsheet and I didn’t think before doing it if it is possible to post an attachment on these forums. Here are a few stats from that audit because I have concerns about the minimum of a one pk quota per month in order to keep rares.

Looking at the past six month period, from Feb to Jul, 56% of unpinnacled charactacters (rank 36 and above, N=156) have not made any kills or only one kill in their whole character career. The breakdown is: 37.5% of goods, 56% of neutrals and 34% of evils made no kills (total of 40% of unpinnacles with no kills). And 23% of goods, 12% of neutrals and 15% of evils made only one kill (total 17% with one kill). And for pinnacled characters (rank 50, N=54) 39% made one or less kills.

So requiring a minimum of one pk per month in order to keep rares would alienate over half the player base. Also the quota system favours evils because they don’t really need a valid reason to pk. If you are going to go ahead with a quota system, then Clifton’s suggestion of aggressive adrenaline might work better because a player could meet the quota if they fought to yield in the arena, or at least attempted a kill but weren’t successful; although the aggressive adrenaline quota wouldn’t necessarily get more rares circulating. Also, I think there still needs to also be a time element to keeping rares because a player could pop in for 30 minutes make a kill, reach quota and not play for the rest of the month, keeping those rares out of circulation.

Insom makes a really good point that basing the purging of rares from characters who didn’t meet the minimum monthly hours on the last day of each month creates a bottleneck. Maybe his suggestion of progressive purges could be trialed, if it isn’t too difficult to do, versus the more drastic measure of requiring one pk per month.

0 0 0
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> Ideas and Suggestions All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: