Forum Links 

Click to return to main page
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile  Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 
 Current Top Rated Killers 
 Next Event   Voting Links 

The event "Bad Blood - Gulgru vs Afales" is beginning in 4 days, 9 hours.

Wikipedia

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> Ideas and Suggestions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ergorion

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2009 6:17 pm    Post subject: Wikipedia

So, I was looking at the Wikipedia page for halflings and thought of an idea. Has anyone made a wikipedia page for AR?

It would then be possible to link to it from other related articles. This would basically be free advertising. I mean, you already have your target audience by editing fantasy-related pages and trying to fit AR in there somehow.

0 0 0
Xerties

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2009 8:50 pm    Post subject:

I think that there's been some made here and there, but they usually get deleted for not being popular enough or something.

0 0 0
Mahkan

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2009 9:46 pm    Post subject:

you could make it and then link to it in the top right corner as a daily like voting on mudconnector.

(lol!)

0 0 0
Davairus
Implementor

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2009 11:06 pm    Post subject:

Wikipedia is run by a council of like 7 people who decide what's relevant to their "encyclopedia" past and present and what isnt (AFAIK they have no professional training) . They listen to their editors, which is just more of their trusted friends. Its basically a hobby website that a lot of professionals have unwittingly participated in, but its still just a hobbyists site with no real regulation like by a scientific board or something. . They recently tried to remove the mud entry completely (the overview) and most mud webpages have ended up in the trashcan because they interpret them as "not relevant". Its still a great resource but it falls far short of what it could have been. Too much opinionated bullcrap. In particular for us, the mud editor guy has a big chip on his shoulder towards certain muds and seems to be on a life mission to defame or erase their games from wikipedia .

0 0 0
Ceridwel
Immortal

PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2009 1:26 am    Post subject:

So what you're saying is we won't find an entry for you on there Dav? Smile

0 0 0
Davairus
Implementor

PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2009 1:49 am    Post subject:

Not for my mudding but someday I may end up on it, although it won't be because I put it in. Just depends on how my career goes, it doesn't take an amazing scientist to make an amazing discovery and recieve recognition for that. Just look at Joule. Anyway it doesn't matter.

0 0 0
Thorgoth
Immortal

PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2009 4:00 am    Post subject:

you matter to us dav.

0 0 0
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> Ideas and Suggestions All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: