Forum Links 

Click to return to main page
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile  Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 
 Current Top Rated Killers 
 Next Event   Voting Links 

The event "Bad Blood - Gulgru vs Afales" is beginning in 6 days, 13 hours.

Question about cabals

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> The Battlefield
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Olyn
Immortal

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2009 1:52 pm    Post subject: Question about cabals

*moved* Keep unrelated ideas, comments, and questions off of the update/recent change threads. Dav needs to be able to look at it and see unanticipated consequences of what he's working on, not sort through all that garbage.

_Clifton_ wrote:
Tiqa wrote:
I think there is a difference between 'invading' to try to get back your rares and 'taking' their item.

Cabal grounds are considered sacred. By simply setting foot in hallowed area, you are committing sacrilege and they will respond accordingly.

Tiqa wrote:
Also, if anyone is allowed to say, what happens if a cabal's item is taken? Once Asperion and I, after he met his final death, were going to try to break into the Legion, flee past their guard and take their thing and hide it. I got some advice that hiding it is useless because it will re-pop. But if a cabal is without their item, do they lose their cabal powers? Can you log off with a cabal item? Could someone explain more about cabal items if it isn't a secret?

Cabal members only have their powers severed when it is held by another cabal. So you could take the legion item, walk into knights, and give it to their guardian I think, although I'm not completely sure. Be warned though, because if you do that, you end up eating their flag - anathema, wanted, contract, etc. If a cabal item is left somewhere unguarded, it will return to the altar after a certain amount of time to prevent people hiding it. Although I'm not sure how it works if you're there, pick it up, and repeatedly drop it.

Last edited by Olyn on Mon Jul 06, 2009 1:55 pm; edited 1 time in total

0 0 0
Olyn
Immortal

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2009 1:53 pm    Post subject:

Vertas wrote:
_Clifton_ wrote:

Cabal members only have their powers severed when it is held by another cabal. So you could take the legion item, walk into knights, and give it to their guardian I think, although I'm not completely sure. Be warned though, because if you do that, you end up eating their flag - anathema, wanted, contract, etc. If a cabal item is left somewhere unguarded, it will return to the altar after a certain amount of time to prevent people hiding it. Although I'm not sure how it works if you're there, pick it up, and repeatedly drop it.

Not quite true, taking a cabal item to your hometown's nexus will also perform cabal drain.

As far as guard sitting goes, Legion cabal does damage to everyone inside the path and cabal, maybe the same should be true (to some extent) for every cabal. Obviously it would have to be somewhat realistic int he sense that Legion cabal does unholy damage, so what if the Knight cabal was too bright or something so it caused some sort of light damage?

0 0 0
Olyn
Immortal

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2009 2:02 pm    Post subject:

Cabal paths are simply alert zones. Their defense is not mandatory. If you want to force a defense you tag the guardian.

0 0 0
Thorgoth
Immortal

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2009 10:29 pm    Post subject:

i think that with the new changes and the fact that cabal items will probably be bouncing back and forth, that when you possess your own item it should heal you (periodically and depending on your hp) and when you have someone elses it should deal damage (like legion item). i know that in the past with tyrdeth, cabal raiding wasn't too bad but when it came to the altar guardian i would get beat down to below 30% and finally kill it, but not wanting to risk the easy death for the free-for-all gangbang waiting around the corner so i'd run out of cabal to rest up just to find myself back at square one after repop.

0 0 0
Groq
Immortal

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2009 11:08 pm    Post subject:

I believe like dav said that cabal paths you need to defend you can't just shrug it off. I think with burz not here it should be taken away and you need to hit the guardian for someone to actually come defend. I also don't like the new system with the cabal items. There is to many rp things that go awkward. I know Keepers don't have many powers right now but when they do are they supposed to keep getting other items that's not really balance. Justice can't get items at all unless someone is wanted. No reason for Knights to be taking justices or keepers really. Not really into it even with neutral items it just seems awkward and makes for no real reason to promote anyone. That's just my two cents on that.

0 0 0
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> The Battlefield All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: