Forum Links 

Click to return to main page
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile  Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 
 Current Top Rated Killers 
 Next Event   Voting Links 

The event "Bad Blood - Gulgru vs Afales" is beginning in 6 days, 8 hours.

Looking for some pk-related ideas.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> Ideas and Suggestions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Erlwith

PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2009 5:23 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
Sure there will be those times where it screws with a winter group or something, but I think it would be worth the lame to break up the leading 3 people around thing.

Erlwith. If someone is wanted and there are three justices on... What do the justices do?

If another cabal has your item, you invade, and there are three of them on... What does the other cabal do?

If you are an Anathema, and there are three Knights on... What do the Knights do?

In the code bub.

You don't know WTF you're talking about. Plenty of Knights have said "I'll go after this anathema alone." Plenty of Justices have taken their special guards and gone into 1v1 fights. Granted Justices are much more inclined towards gangbangs but I still don't see how you come to the conclusion of it being in the "code."

I'm waiting for you to name some actual aspects of the code that supports gangbangs VS arbitrary circumstances in which cabal members might find it better suited to form teams for kills. Gangbanging might be faciliated through the code, but so is out of range assitance, multiplaying, and suiciding.

And even if it was in the code, what difference does it make? I've always said I have no problem with gangbangs. In your attempts to come off intelligent you're arguing points that aren't even up for debate here and moving to tangents that couldn't matter less in this arguement. Using a captured cabal item to defend gangbangs is like using 9/11 to defend president bush. (Sorry for the random reference)

As far as the rest of us fixing gangbangs... I don't see how a couple of days of shitty posts makes you the rest of us... but I will say that gangbanging doesn't need fixing. The mentality of the average player is what needs fixing.

0 0 0
wudst

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2009 12:39 am    Post subject:

And Kalist speaks. Yes I was quite clear on the answer to every single one of those questions.

Yes there are times when you can say "I want this one myself"... However those EXACT SAME TIMES you can say "lets fuck him up."

The argument goes both ways, which is why I used it. The code (and I would just like to note, you fucking idiot, that "the code" obviously didnt represent the actual game code but instead the ideals and laws the players must abide by.) allows and even goes as far to suggest, force and coerce players into gangbangs. However, it is very specifically oriented to cabals. One would assume that that is because gang wars are wanted (and I very much agree). Which brings me to my point. Cabals are expected to gang, and need to gang, and have to gang at one time or another. They cannot escape gangs very easily at all, and if the ganging party does its job the cabal'd char cant escape at all (assuming he plays by his own cabal's standards (to clarify erlwith, they cant leave if you attack their cabal))and thus they should not be penalized for attempting to gangbang someone within their own code of conduct and rule structure. However, the non-caballed character has no laws, no rule structure, and certainly no requirement to go fucking die. They should have a penalty. And my suggestion is to not be able to exponentially increase their skill set and overall skill by binding together and making a hasted first attack goblin. The ability to gang is there, however it is not nearly as easily accessible as those who are in cabals.

Now I have reverted to saying that those in cabals should be able to group and gang because of Kalist's argument of "Learning how to deal with gangbangs (i.e. splitting the group, forming alliances, etc) is just another facet of playerkilling in AR. So yes, it is valid to say that gangbanging IS a part of the game." (I would also like to note that yes, while it is a valid thing to say, it is a completely invalid argument to use in an attempt to defend or attack something.)

I think that is a very fun, very hard, and very key part of the gang wars. I also think it should be harder for those who dont make the game harder on themselves. Cheesing people isnt fun, neither is getting cheesed. I think this would greatly assist in those circumstances.

0 0 0
Davairus
Implementor

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2009 3:05 am    Post subject:

We had some anti-gangbanging code in the works before, but since we were just getting started on the coding I wasn't able to get it to work cleanly, so we just abandoned it. Since then other "similar games" basically did the same thing we planned so we've been beaten to it now. But I could probably get it working with a bit more energy now. It was something like you would hit the wrong person with damage if you were in a multiple opponents/groupmates situation. Ranger pets weren't immune to that problem either, so ranger's were getting hit by their own pets, funnily enough. I need to emphasize that we didn't really put much time into the numbers since I wasn't able to get it working right. But there it is. At the moment I am not convinced ganging is a serious problem though.

0 0 0
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> Ideas and Suggestions All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: