Forum Links 

Click to return to main page
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile  Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 
 Current Top Rated Killers 
 Next Event   Voting Links 

The event "Bad Blood - Gulgru vs Afales" is beginning in 6 days, 9 hours.

Looking for anti-chaotic alignment suggestions
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> Ideas and Suggestions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Davairus
Implementor

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2009 4:46 am    Post subject:

I would definitely be open to disabling Dagnir when the Justices are *online* (and wouldn't be surprised to find if I checked, that without bountied, that its already the case) ----- but that mob is a good way to stop people from just ducking Justice apprehensions and pk'ing freely indefinitely by logging out and avoiding bounty flags. The swarming guards just fucking suck and die in one hit, while Tir sits on his ass in his headquarters until you've disturbed him. Other than dagnir, where are the real drawbacks of being wanted? Fish and drink from wells. Kill griff.

0 0 0
_Clifton_
Emissary

Location: your and you're are not the same. they're, there, and their are not the same. learn to english.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2009 7:05 am    Post subject:

Honestly, everything kinda sucks about being wanted at the moment. From having shitty little guards fuck up your pathing (think leroy x100) to Elite Special Guards doing 3 DISMEMBERs a tick to not being able to buy anything at any shops. The amount of survivability is a big fat 0. Add ensnare to that equation and you're fucked, it's just a matter of time. Running away at every opportunity just means there needs to be more special guards to take you down. Every other cabal flag is manageable at least.

Anyway, my thoughts on the fix are to make wanted flags a lot more manageable, give Tir and Dagnir a random sleep schedule, and if they happen to be awake, let them flag attackers if they happen to be awake. It'd be just like having real justices!

0 0 0
Ergorion

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2009 11:54 am    Post subject:

Clifton, don't forget that if you get apprehended and you're not pinnacled that puts in you like a 10k xp whole. That's a humongous disincentive there.

0 0 0
TheOneAndOnly

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2009 3:44 pm    Post subject:

In my opinion the real turn off to being Wanted is the fact that it ignores PK ranges. There is no real incentive for a low level to get wanted because he has to avoid a level 50 Justice. The dynamic is not there. If a low level Justice wants to apprehend someone in there pk range they get the special guard and the fight is one sided as hell. In the cases of other cabals (Anathema, Contracted, Danger) you are not really even on the map for the level 50 members and instead have to deal with the applicants as they try to prove their worth while giving you the ability to prove your own by defeating them. This is a pk dynamic that I personally enjoy. Getting ass raped by a Justice and eating a xp penalty and getting full looted in most cases is what removes the Justice from the Cabal scene. If we could find a way to tone that down, force Justice applicants to apprehend criminals and lessen the blow to entice players to get wanted it could/would breathe new life into an otherwise stagnant cabal.

As for the scene at pinnacle I think that the special guards still turn the tide a bit too much. I have never understood the need for the guard, the other skills are comparable to the existing cabals. The guard is necessary to apprehend low level criminals then make the guard scale down to the level of the one being apprehended giving him a fair shot at defending and evading the justice. I would like to think that the pbase would handle the wanted, i.e a lawful logs on in the pk of a wanted person with a justice around, he becomes a deputy and it becomes his responsibility to apprehend the criminal in the name of the law, providing the lawful an opportunity to prove his merit.

0 0 0
Mr. Forgotten

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2009 6:47 pm    Post subject:

I like that idea, if a lower level lawful person logs on and sees a wanted, he becomes a deputy and can apprehend(without guards?) but only if they are in pk range. Thinking about it though, can't lawfuls just hire a constable to help with in-town apprehension?

0 0 0
Ergorion

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2009 7:09 pm    Post subject:

TheOneAndOnly wrote:
The guard is necessary to apprehend low level criminals then make the guard scale down to the level of the one being apprehended giving him a fair shot at defending and evading the justice.

What happens when you have several wanted characters on at the same time? If one is level 10, another level 20, and another level 35, how does a scaling leveled guard work?

0 0 0
Thorgoth
Immortal

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2009 7:39 pm    Post subject:

the guard become the level of the highest criminal. I think that Justices shouldn't be able to use special guards when fighting a WANTED in-range person, the fact is, it makes things really one sided to have something that gets the hasted apprehend murder round and a rescue toy even if you are the most skilled/decked player around. I understand duty, but if you have the balls to get wanted you should still have a fighting chance.

0 0 0
TheOneAndOnly

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2009 7:41 pm    Post subject:

The way I would foresee it working is the guard would be the level of the one being apprehended If necessary the justice would need to release and call the guard again. Other lawful characters could be contracted by the justice (deputy) to apprehend the criminals (think lynch mob.) In your scenario however, a 10, 25 and 35 would be easily handled as the guards are more than enough to handle the level 10. My point is it would be something for the Justice to do and would require some effort (not saying the current scenario is mindless or easy.)

0 0 0
Tiqa

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2009 12:14 am    Post subject:

Like most everyone else, I chose chaotic due to the wild equipment and weapons. The new change in the chance of your wild weapon striking you back makes it more exciting.

The ideas posted in this thread that would either seriously sway me from choosing chaotic, or make choosing lawful or neutral more attractive than chaotic to me are:

(1) The bank cap (together with increased interest rates) would be a major deterrent, depending on where the cap is set. Although maybe chaotics could take the chance on making friends with neutrals and pay them to keep some of their money in their bank.

(2) TheOneAndOnly’s suggestion of lawfuls being able to enter their guild with adrenaline would be a major attraction to choosing lawful; although there would have to be something in place so they couldn’t log out right away.

(3) TheOneAndOnly’s suggestion that chaotics can’t have protection in Seringale also makes lawful and neutral attractive, although I’m not quite sure how this would work.

Rabidgeko and someone else (Clifton, I think) pointed out that no one role plays acting chaotic and everyone acts like neutrals and lawfuls. Personally, I only met one character (Arothe) who acted chaotic and it was exciting interacting with him because he was so unpredictable. Maybe chaotics could have a quota that they need to have a minimum of one time per month (or one time per ‘X’ number of hours played) that they must make an attack in Seringale. It would need to be set on a random (chaotic) timer and once the chaotic character received a message like “Your mind slips into a state of great disorder and confusion” then they would have ‘x’ number of real life hours when they must make an attack in town. They would get three chances and after the 3rd time if they fail to attempt an attack then their ethos would be changed to neutral. This would make people think twice about choosing the chaotic ethos.

Davarious, before you implement the bank cap or any changes, will you please consider allowing us to change our ethos?

0 0 0
wudst

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2009 2:26 am    Post subject:

I dont play like a chaotic in town (again I always choose chaotic) because the drawbacks of being wanted fucking suck. They should suck hard, but it should not be a fuck and suck combo. Thats two timin, and that shit is wrong.

0 0 0
Tiqa

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2009 5:44 am    Post subject:

If you try to kill or do kill someone in town and there are no Justice around, or no lawful witnesses around, are there any reprecussions?

0 0 0
Xerties

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2009 5:48 am    Post subject:

It does flip something in your pfile, so if you're lawful or a justice app it'll affect you, but beyond that no.

0 0 0
Tiqa

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2009 6:17 am    Post subject:

So just to clarify, the only way you get a wanted flag is trying to kill someone in Seringale when a Justice, or deputy, is around?

0 0 0
Xerties

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2009 6:29 am    Post subject:

Or fail to pay a fine within the alotted time, or capture the Justice cabal item.

0 0 0
_Clifton_
Emissary

Location: your and you're are not the same. they're, there, and their are not the same. learn to english.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2009 6:42 am    Post subject:

Deputy only exists when justices exist, so you only eat a flag when there is a Justice, he is in town, and witnesses it either directly or via yell.

0 0 0
Tiqa

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2009 7:07 am    Post subject:

How do you get a fine?

0 0 0
_Clifton_
Emissary

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2009 7:51 am    Post subject:

First is by having a Justice fine you.
Offenses includes attacking gate guards, excessive littering, and aoe spells that don't cause attacks like faerie fire.

Second is by attacking a lawful with a constable in front of Tir/Dagnir or gate guard.

0 0 0
Tiqa

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2009 8:54 am    Post subject:

You have peaked my curiosity with the excessive littering rule. So if a Justice is in town and I drop meat pies or shurkins or steaks or something similar, how would they know it was me? And what is excessive littering compared to regular littering?

Thanks all for answering my questions and I know I am to blame for getting this conversation about anti-chaotics off track a bit. But no one has responded to my suggestion about chaotics having to run the risk of actually acting chaotic by having to, on the spur of the moment attempt to kill someone in Seringale within a set number of real life on-line hours. That is what I am most interested in hearing you opinions about.

0 0 0
_Clifton_
Emissary

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2009 8:58 am    Post subject:

Umm.. if you sit at north square just spamming 'create food', justices used to fine you some amount or have you clean it up. that's basically it.

0 0 0
Tiqa

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2009 9:17 am    Post subject:

In my wildest dreams, if I could create food I wouldn't be dropping it at north square. The littering aspect is interesting, but more interesting is what makes some folks sit at north square and others sit at south square. I still haven't figured that one out. I try to avoid the city.

0 0 0
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> Ideas and Suggestions All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: