Forum Links 

Click to return to main page
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile  Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 
 Current Top Rated Killers 
 Next Event   Voting Links 

The event "Bad Blood - Gulgru vs Afales" is beginning in 6 days, 11 hours.

Awesomeness
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dobson

PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2004 7:08 pm    Post subject: Awesomeness

http://www.sugarlandtx.gov/publicagenda/052504cc/rec/rec.htm

that's me! Very Happy

0 0 0
Louis

PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2004 7:15 pm    Post subject:

awesome

0 0 0
Enskel

PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2004 8:17 pm    Post subject:

Sounds like you should join Knights.

0 0 0
Burzuk
Implementor

PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2004 8:50 pm    Post subject:

Sounds like you've earned the publicity. Hope your proficiency in cure crit went up a couple of points.

0 0 0
Dobson

PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2004 9:10 pm    Post subject:

Wish me luck, I am in ROTC and am going for a medal that has yett to be achieved on my campus or in the state of Texas. PLUS, you might get to see me on good morning america if you are lucky.

0 0 0
Ace High

PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2004 9:59 pm    Post subject:

Ok, before I even start, don't anybody take this the wrong way. It's just my opinion, nothing more.

What you did was awesome, and I must say that I'm proud you had the quickthinking and courage to do what you did. Your comment about wishing you luck because you're going for a medal however, kind of got under my skin.

I'm not saying that you're not a hero, because what you did is certainly very heroic, but you shouldn't be 1.) bragging about it and 2.) wanting recognition for it.

How many of our soldiers, police officers, and firemen do you see going out of their way to make sure other people see the heroic things they do. Not many, and those that do tend not to be in those positions for long, and aren't as respected as those that are humble.

Now I know that in high school JROTC, medals and ribbons are a big thing, but I can tell you, since I'm a senior in AFROTC at Clemson University, that medals and ribbons are the last thing you care about.

Now I'm sure I'll get a lot of flames and bad responses to this, so go ahead if you disagree; I just had to get it off my chest.

If I could give you any advice though, it would be to learn to be a humble hero. You will be respected more, and will learn that the satisfaction of doing the right thing is much better than the praise and recognition of others.

0 0 0
Dobson

PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2004 10:39 pm    Post subject:

dude, first off, go fuck yourself. If you are so wise about ROTC then you know that I can't put myself in for it you dumbass. The mayor of your city has to send it to the governers office and HE has to approve it for review. Why do you think no one has gotten it? I am telling yall this because it is an awesome thing that happened to me, I am not bragging. You see, the difference between me and cops, soldiers, and any other people who are paid to do a job, do a job. Their reward for good deeds is money. I didn't have to stop, I didn't have to risk my life for a man I didn't know. They signed up for it, and yes they do get recognized when they go above and beyond the call of duty. THAT is why I am being honored, not because of what I did. So I say, fuck off and grow up SENIOR, cause you got told by a junior in highschool.

0 0 0
Sebryn

PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2004 10:49 pm    Post subject:

*Edit - yep, removed after Dobson's subsequent remarks.

Last edited by Sebryn on Thu May 27, 2004 1:04 pm; edited 1 time in total

0 0 0
Dobson

PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2004 11:17 pm    Post subject:

Go ahead, people like that make me sick.

0 0 0
Ace High

PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2004 11:22 pm    Post subject:

Dobson wrote:
dude, first off, go fuck yourself. If you are so wise about ROTC then you know that I can't put myself in for it you dumbass. The mayor of your city has to send it to the governers office and HE has to approve it for review. Why do you think no one has gotten it? I am telling yall this because it is an awesome thing that happened to me, I am not bragging. You see, the difference between me and cops, soldiers, and any other people who are paid to do a job, do a job. Their reward for good deeds is money. I didn't have to stop, I didn't have to risk my life for a man I didn't know. They signed up for it, and yes they do get recognized when they go above and beyond the call of duty. THAT is why I am being honored, not because of what I did. So I say, fuck off and grow up SENIOR, cause you got told by a junior in highschool.

Hmm, yeah, you sure "told" me. Oh yeah, you think that people become soldiers and policmen for the money? I guarantee that when I graduate next year and commission in the Air Force, I would be able to get a job paying twice as much money, and not having to worry about moving around every 3 years. My reward is the satisfaction of knowing that I am doing something to help protect this country and it's people, even immature highschoolers with bad mouths like yourself.

You're right, you didn't have to risk your life for someone you didn't know, but the fact that you did tells me that you're a good person, and you have honor and courage, which are great attributes. The ONLY thing I said was that you need to learn humility. There's no need for you to post your citation on the AR Forum. If I would have seen that in the newspaper, I would have been very impressed, and very proud and would have the utmost respect for you. The fact that you went out and put it on here, makes me lose that respect. You don't see our soldiers and cops getting awards and citations for risking their own lives going out and showing it off to everyone on their local web forum. That's the difference I was pointing out between you "a very outspoken, attention seeking hero", and all those other humble heroes.

Sebryn,

I wasn't implying that the only reason he stopped to help was for recognition. I'm sure that was the last thought that was going through his mind while he was doing that. All I was saying is simply his personal satisfaction should have been enough without having to go off and show it off. But hey, it's a free country and you're entitled to your own opinion. I was just trying to share mine in a mature, respectful manner, but obviously Dobson didn't understand that. Oh well.

Last edited by Ace High on Wed May 26, 2004 11:31 pm; edited 1 time in total

0 0 0
Clifton

PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2004 11:26 pm    Post subject: Re: Awesomeness

Dobson wrote:
http://www.sugarlandtx.gov/publicagenda/052504cc/rec/rec.htm

that's me! Very Happy

In my opinion, that was enough to say it all... no other words needed to be said.

Dobson wrote:

Wish me luck, I am in ROTC and am going for a medal that has yett to be achieved on my campus or in the state of Texas. PLUS, you might get to see me on good morning america if you are lucky.

That was excessive and on the verge of bragging. "Look at me, I'm gonna be on Good morning America, look at me. Weee, look at me... I'm special because...."

[quote="Dobson']dude, first off, go fuck yourself. If you are so wise about ROTC then you know that I can't put myself in for it you dumbass. The mayor of your city has to send it to the governers office and HE has to approve it for review. Why do you think no one has gotten it? I am telling yall this because it is an awesome thing that happened to me, I am not bragging. You see, the difference between me and cops, soldiers, and any other people who are paid to do a job, do a job. Their reward for good deeds is money. I didn't have to stop, I didn't have to risk my life for a man I didn't know. They signed up for it, and yes they do get recognized when they go above and beyond the call of duty. THAT is why I am being honored, not because of what I did. So I say, fuck off and grow up SENIOR, cause you got told by a junior in highschool.[/quote]

That was just childish, and any good impression you made faded with the first line. You're justifying and glorifying your actions. That's uncalled for. It's like saying, "I'm the greatest ARer in the world." By the way, those soldiers, cops, etc... they get paid, yeah, but each of them equals another person thats not there. You want to see a good movie that illustrates the difference one person makes - "Tigerland".

Also, no one asked you to help the person, the fact that you helped him just means you're a good person. All that means is that everyone who drove past the dude without helping is a bad person. In my opinion, I'd rather not be honored because there's no reason to. It was just kindness, and why would I want to be honored for something I should be anyways? You are "in ROTC and [are] going for a medal that has yett to be achieved on my campus or in the state of Texas", after all.

Edit: Dang - Ace High posted before me.

0 0 0
Dobson

PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2004 11:34 pm    Post subject:

If you say so, I am proud of what I did, and because I want people to know what I did, that makes me a bad person or less of anything, no, I don't think so. The reason I posted it, is because that is a city proclomation of recognition, and I am proud of that. So think what you want it doesn't change who I am.

0 0 0
Clifton

PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2004 11:42 pm    Post subject:

That's called bragging then.

0 0 0
Burzuk
Implementor

PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2004 11:50 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
That's called bragging then.

Go ahead and brag a little then. It'll make you feel better. Honest.

I mean, it can't make this thread turn out any worse than, say, how the godhatesfags thread turned out, right?

Tempest. Teapot.

0 0 0
Ace High

PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2004 11:55 pm    Post subject:

Burzuk wrote:

I mean, it can't make this thread turn out any worse than, say, how the godhatesfags thread turned out, right?

Tempest. Teapot.

Haha. Interesting, if not disturbing, thread.

0 0 0
Clifton

PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2004 12:11 am    Post subject:

dobson wrote:
I am telling yall this because it is an awesome thing that happened to me, I am not bragging.

0 0 0
Quiet Wanderer

PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2004 2:25 am    Post subject:

::growls and dusts off his wooden clogs, voodoo book and brain sacrifice kit:: Dobby, you're next. DropThat was my most wanted, but your canial cavity shall feel the wrath of my clogs of voodoo! You are lucky it's finals week and I have aboslutely no creativity left to insult you with. No matter how you try to play it off, your post origniates to this: HEY EVERYBODY! LOOK AT ME! I'M AN ATTENTION MONGERIGN LITTLE WHORE! LOOK I SAVED SOMEONE!. I'll admit, damned good action, and heroic. But posting it in AR forums... Goo dgod man if I was your mamma i'd slap you for arrogance. A true hero or admirable person has one quality: humility. You on ther other hand, ala this thread, do not. So shut up, take your medal and pin it on your chest and be proud, sanctimonious jaole. I may get flamed for this, but I hate people who brag, and thats what you did here. Bottom line, point blank, cased close incident of bragging.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

0 0 0
Dobson

PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2004 4:24 am    Post subject:

you are both fucking idiots, are you not proud of your achievements? This is an achievement, and I am proud. How many of you asses would have driven by? You probably all say you would have stopped but that is bullshit. To litteraly walk into what you think is death, to save someone you don't know is a BIG fucking accomplishment, and my parents and community are damned proud. My bad to post it here, forgot you guys were asses and not friends.

0 0 0
Zulghinlour

PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2004 4:47 am    Post subject:

Hahahahh. I had no idea there were such arrogant dipshits in the world. So naive.

0 0 0
Slade
Emissary

PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2004 5:12 am    Post subject:

Dobson wrote:
you are both fucking idiots, are you not proud of your achievements? This is an achievement, and I am proud. How many of you asses would have driven by? You probably all say you would have stopped but that is bullshit. To litteraly walk into what you think is death, to save someone you don't know is a BIG fucking accomplishment, and my parents and community are damned proud. My bad to post it here, forgot you guys were asses and not friends.

No one is saying not to be proud. You can take pride in what you did, know personally you did something really good, look at your citation and be proud, whatever..

..but when you show it off and say, look at me, I did this, then you are bragging. Being proud of something and bragging are very different. You don't have to be any less proud of yourself for what you did by not going around and telling everyone and showing it off.

0 0 0
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> Polls All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: