Forum Links 

Click to return to main page
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile  Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 
 Current Top Rated Killers 
 Next Event   Voting Links 

The event "Bad Blood - Gulgru vs Afales" is beginning in 6 days, 5 hours.

Awesomeness
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Flying Hampster of Doom

PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2004 3:47 pm    Post subject:

At one point in my very long short life I was a search and rescue/law enforcement officer with washington county, I never bragged about the things I did because mostly we found things I would rather forget. Yet had I helped someone out of a wreck, pulled someone from burning wreckage and then held their arm in a turnicate for TWENTY minutes.. I would be bragging too. This person is a kid, he stopped on his PROM night, with his G/F to help a man who was in imminent peril. How dare any of you assume he doesnt have the right. If you think he doesnt have the right I have some voodoo clogs that you can shove right up your own ass. If I was his age and held someones bleeding arm, (obviously bleeding quite a bit considering the fact that he used a turniqute and not direct pressure) I would brag about it all the way to the bank and say fuck you all, I saved someones life.

Congratulations boy, you did what none of these fuckers would ever consider doing. You were a man, and you are a man. You are proud of your accomplishments, how many of the rest of us can say the same thing?

0 0 0
Quiet Wanderer

PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2004 5:14 pm    Post subject:

I'ma say one final thin, and then lets hope this diseased thread dies. I never said the actualy act wasn't heoric. As I told Dobson on IM whne he berated me, I actually do think it was veyr heoric. The problem I have is him having to post it. I can understand being proud, and maybe posting it. I can also understand where everyone else is coming from. Just in his original posting, I got a severe overtone of bragging for some reason. Maybe I read it wrong, and as I've said MANY times before, I'm not right very often, and never claim to be. I said an opinion, I stick by it. I didn't say you had to feel that way, or that waht Dobson did wasn't worth acknowledgement. I just didn't really like the way he went about it, thats all. Just so you know Dobson, again, I said what you did was brave, and you deserve the medal you hope ot get and any other honors. But I just felt you posting it the way you did was bragging. I'd be proud to, but I wouldn't nessecarily post it on web forums. But seriously, in the interest of peace, good job man. You did a good deed, damned good. Just didn't agree with how you told the forum about it.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

0 0 0
Lorne
Immortal

PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2004 5:42 pm    Post subject:

Quiet Wanderer, please do us all a favor. Copy and past your reply to Microsoft Word and fucking spell check and grammar check.

0 0 0
Clifton

PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2004 7:26 pm    Post subject:

Youre right hampster, he has all the right in the world to brag about it. But my only problem with his posting is that he said he wasn't... that's not true, because he has all the right to brag about it.

0 0 0
divsky
Emissary

PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2004 11:13 pm    Post subject:

Damn, Davairus.. been reading up on the Thomas Hobbes and Anne Rand, have you? That was the longest spiel of ultra-convservative (in the true sense of the word), humanity-hating crap I've heard in a while. If you want to believe that humans are soulless beasts who only care about serving themselves and that every thing we do is a carefully decided on how it can best satisfy our own needs.. then I kind of feel a little sorry for you.

I know theres no way I can convice you otherwise, but sometimes people do do things not for a sense of satisfaction but just because they simply believe it's something they must do. Go tell a WWII veteran that the only reason they volunteered to fight in the war was for their own sense of personal satisfaction. Or explain to me why a martyr would die for a cause.. they won't be able to enjoy their satisfaction much after that. Some things that we do just can't be explained as easy as you think.

0 0 0
Davairus
Implementor

PostPosted: Sat Jun 05, 2004 5:33 am    Post subject:

You might want to re-check your post, and search for the parts where you were using your psychic mindreading skills to guess at things you have no way of knowing. That'll help you figure out why the entire first paragraph was in fact, completely wrong. Your second paragraph seems to be focused on telling me what I need to do. Nah.

0 0 0
Mendek

PostPosted: Sat Jun 05, 2004 7:52 pm    Post subject:

Davairus wrote:
Have you considered what the consequences to the world would be if all the heros went on strike, and just drove past accidents, because of people demanding that from them?

This is funny. If I drove past an accident the people in it could sue me.

0 0 0
Brains

PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2004 3:01 am    Post subject:

Not to be overly picky, but as a concerned citizen...

Did the EMT team concur with your use of a tourniquet? Often, the (proper) use of a tourniquet results in the loss of the affected limb. Generally, this is indeed better than bleeding to death, but other methods, such as direct pressure, elevation, and pressure points (more or less in that order) are oft tried first.

This is sort of a tricky issue. Personally, if I lost an arm due to an accident or resulting treatment, I'd probably be in a bad mental state for an extended period of time, and probably resort to either violence or legal crap to get "revenge" - both things I often claim to loathe. Part of this is because 95% of the things I enjoy require two arms/hands.

All this to say, good work in helping save a life. Be damned careful with those tourniquets.

0 0 0
Seryie

PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2004 4:51 am    Post subject:

i have no idea what a tourniquet is.. uhhh perhaps someone could explain please Confused
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

0 0 0
E-ant

PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2004 6:50 am    Post subject:

No entry found for tourniquet.

Did you mean 'fornicate'?

Entry: debauch
Function: verb
Definition: corrupt
Synonyms: abuse, bastardize, bestialize, betray, brutalize, debase, defile, deflower, demoralize, deprave, fornicate, fraternize, go bad, intrigue, inveigle, lead astray, lure, pervert, pollute, ravish, ruin, seduce, subvert, tempt, violate, vitiate, warp, whore

0 0 0
Phostan
Immortal

PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2004 7:54 am    Post subject:

A tourniquet is a strip of material, usually clothe, but sometimes plastic or rubber, which is tied above an open wound, which is usually bleeding severely. Once tied, it's pulled tight, to cut off circulation to the bleeding area so that less, or almost no blood will continue to flow to the open wound, thus stemming blood loss and possibility of death. This isn't an exact definition, but its basically how it works.

0 0 0
theobserver

PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2004 12:48 pm    Post subject:

Brains wrote:
Part of this is because 95% of the things I enjoy require two arms/hands.

95% of my favourate things I do with my right arm only Laughing

0 0 0
Brains

PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2004 12:51 pm    Post subject:

E-ant's dictionary sucks.
http://www.m-w.com/cgi-bin/dictionary?book=Dictionary&va=tourniquet&x=0&y=0
Yes, I spelled it correctly (suprisingly enough).

The problem with tourniquets is that, if applied correctly, they often result in the limb "dying" and requiring amputation. Applying them willy-nilly is an extremely bad idea. They are, in effect, an absolute last resort when it comes to controlling bleeding.

0 0 0
E-ant

PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2004 2:35 pm    Post subject:

Aye I found it on the other dictionary, but that result made me rofal.

0 0 0
Dobson

PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2004 8:15 am    Post subject:

Brains wrote:
Not to be overly picky, but as a concerned citizen...
Did the EMT team concur with your use of a tourniquet? Often, the (proper) use of a tourniquet results in the loss of the affected limb. Generally, this is indeed better than bleeding to death, but other methods, such as direct pressure, elevation, and pressure points (more or less in that order) are oft tried first.

Sorry for late responce, I have been in Jamica, no the EMS guy looked at me like I was a moron, but ten bucks says I have been to more classes and have more hours with emergency aid than he does Very Happy. My mom teaches paramedics not EMT so I have sat in on her classes since I was 14 and have been a volunteer fire fighter/EMS ever since. I used the tourniquet for two reasons, the largest was time. I had no idea how long he had been in there and he was dazed and unable to tell me. The second was his wrist, it was an arterial(sp?) cut and bleading quite badly. I didn't stop the flow, only restricted it until I bandaged the wounds and got it elevated above his heart.

Side Note:
Not all tourniquets cause the loss of the limb, but in most cases when it is needed the limb is either gone or torn to shreds. The only time it is used with cuts is when time is unknown or the cuts depth is unknown and the length is large.

0 0 0
Dobson

PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2004 8:19 am    Post subject:

Those of you that want to know everything that is going on, I got the award, along with a check for 5k to pay for my tuxedo and to take my family and his out to eat from a texas senator who I have yett to meet.

I was asked to become an honorary rotarian of the Sugar Land Rotary club and speak at their annual convention sometime in August.

Good morning america isn't going to happen because I don't want to fly all the way up there but I do get put into those boyscout manuals since I am an eagle scout, so go me?

0 0 0
Hrash

PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2004 9:58 pm    Post subject:

Dobson saved a guy. How many of you can argue that you saved a guy that was bleeding to death? So what if he's a little arrogant? Wish him luck or don't, but if he feels like he did something good and achieved something, leave him alone.

Although in your past posts you act like a childish prick dobson, congradulations. It is an accomplishment and whether people just bitch on you because they hate you and find any reason to bitch on you (stop being so fucking immature whoever does that) or people just think you're arrogant, be proud of yourself.

0 0 0
Brains

PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2004 11:03 pm    Post subject:

Dobson wrote:
the EMS guy looked at me like I was a moron, but ten bucks says I have been to more classes and have more hours with emergency aid than he does ...

Side Note:
Not all tourniquets cause the loss of the limb, but in most cases when it is needed the limb is either gone or torn to shreds. The only time it is used with cuts is when time is unknown or the cuts depth is unknown and the length is large.

I'm not trying to sully your accomplishment, which, by the way, is indeed awesome. However, I am urging you (and others reading) to be extremely careful with how you go about giving aid to someone. This can involve many things, but in this case, either what was used wasn't a tourniquet, or it wasn't applied correctly. This is probably a good thing, considering what I said about them previously.

Be damn sure you (arbitrary) know what you are doing before you use a tourniquet on someone.

0 0 0
Dobson

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2004 3:01 am    Post subject:

Didn't mean it like a defensive responce, and a tourniquite doesn't have to completely stop the flow of blood, it is designed to restrict it. Though when it is used most often is on a severed limb or appendage when direct pressure would not be enough to stop the bleeding. Very Happy

0 0 0
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> Polls All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: