Forum Links 

Click to return to main page
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile  Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 
 Current Top Rated Killers 
 Next Event   Voting Links 

The event "Bad Blood - Gulgru vs Afales" is beginning in 6 days, 9 hours.

Save Breaks

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Stiehl26

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2009 6:40 pm    Post subject: Save Breaks

Davarius had mentioned that he was pretty sure that save break items only affected those items that the saves were specific to. Meaning if I had items that were -10 to maledictive saves then a mal save break item would work on me. If I had -10 to save vs spells, then the mal break wouldnt work. Dav, I have no idea if you care to or not, but I was hoping we could get some confirmation on this. When it was initially brought up it seemed that no one was aware that save breaks worked this way.

Also, does save break work versus mobs? I have noticed a lot of dark-knights, for example, whip out a save break item for energy drain...which seemed like a good idea, if it was actually working.

0 0 0
Olyn
Immortal

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2009 6:50 pm    Post subject:

It definitely works against mobs. Easiest way to see is by using a spell with high dependency. Take divine retribution. It will go from wounds and injures to maims and MUTILATES just by adding a good save break.

0 0 0
Davairus
Implementor

PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2009 2:14 am    Post subject:

Don't confuse savebreak with wearing it to get DEPENDENCY, that's an additional dimension of that stat.

Its a very good stat that wipes off incidental saves from mithril and dents the easily attained -60 mal from mahn-tor/wyvern/etc. Good luck getting enough straight saves to stop it completely. I really don't see anyone capping saves spell without a lot longer of time/gold investment (which is also what getting nice break takes) or having to deal with the giant -con they'll end up with (which is more forgiving than the giant -hp of crappy break). Expect a savebreak to be used to take off the little gimpy +mal you wore to try to round off what you had tried to round your own saves off with. Not to just pwnzore all your saves. If you don't understand why that is reasonable, I can't do anything more for you.

0 0 0
Stiehl26

PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2009 3:32 am    Post subject:

I was no way in complaining....not sure if you are seeing my question as a complaint. I just wanted clarification on how it worked was all, which it looks like you gave me. Thanks for getting back to me.

0 0 0
Davairus
Implementor

PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2009 11:42 am    Post subject:

I just thought I already explained the way it worked adequately enough, and now this is more like a full exposition of implications i.e. a spoonfeed, which isn't what I was looking to provide you with. "So my save break isnt good?" ...dumb question to ask, since you already had everything you needed to answer that yourself.

0 0 0
Stiehl26

PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2009 12:39 pm    Post subject:

Well you hadnt explained it adequately enough previously because you had said something ambiguous like "i think it works this way" or "i am not sure" or something to that effect. Thats all man. No need to get all pissy and all. I was thankful that you answered and tried to relay that in the message. Again, i sincerely thank you for answering the question and taking the time to do so.

0 0 0
Ceridwel
Immortal

PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2009 5:57 pm    Post subject:

Davairus wrote:
If you don't understand why that is reasonable, stop smoking so much dope.

ftfy.

0 0 0
Mahkan

PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2009 8:06 pm    Post subject:

This one goes to Stiehl

0 0 0
Viggs

PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2009 8:13 pm    Post subject:

This so goes to Davnoshitakingarious ,,
Wolf in sheeps clothing ,, If your a douche 99% time your not entiteled to that other 1%.... Six months of nondouchebaggery and the answer would have been different
All Hail and kneel before him or suffer the Sarcasam of the GodS!!
Love
Viggs

0 0 0
Stiehl26

PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2009 8:23 pm    Post subject:

When am I a douche when not being attacked by either clifton or erlwith? I don't understand that perception. 90% of my posts are just asking damn questions. What typically happens is I ask a question, get flamed, respond to said flaming. Also, what the heck does ftfy mean?

0 0 0
Ceridwel
Immortal

PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2009 8:24 pm    Post subject:

Stiehl26 wrote:
Also, what the heck does ftfy mean?

Fixed That For You.

Just hackin on you man, from one imbiber to another.

0 0 0
Stiehl26

PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2009 8:37 pm    Post subject:

Hah! Thanks Iolo...thats probably a true statement about me not understanding initially. I do enjoy the imbiding...oh yes I do. I feel so damn old with all of the abbreviations. I need to text more or something.

0 0 0
Davairus
Implementor

PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2009 12:00 am    Post subject:

The idea is to read what I suggested before then go test it out yourself to see that its right, not come back here and go like "please give me the exact answer". Now there's no point playing to find out. Also, all the good players will most definitely be capping saves. So I might as well tell you right now to use flay health against big deflective items because of their -con.

0 0 0
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> Newbie Q/A All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: