Forum Links 

Click to return to main page
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile  Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 
 Current Top Rated Killers 
 Next Event   Voting Links 

The event "Bad Blood - Gulgru vs Afales" is beginning in 5 days, 23 hours.

Cabal Guardian/Gangbangs
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> Ideas and Suggestions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Arishel

PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2010 6:43 pm    Post subject: Cabal Guardian/Gangbangs

This is for the people who are tired of getting gangbanged, but imo it's part of the game.

Example: Three unaffiliated lvl 50's in the range of 1 knight/legion etc. They all try to invade on the knight/legion. On doing so the cabal guardian gains an ability, since they are unaffiliated altogether. Allow the guardian to gain a thrust/bash that knocks the secondary and third fighter out of the guardians room, leaving the primary invader to defend against the guardian. The other two can return, but risk another "knockout".

Example continued: Cabal Ruling would be different. Knights could take on Legion without this "knockout" penalty. Just as Legion could take on knights without the penalty.

Some may say this will only encourage people that are unaffiliated and gangbang to join the cabals and keep on with the same 'ol same 'ol. However, as we know most immortal leaders do not promote gangbangs, and those that would do so in the cabal would be harshly punished.

This would benefit the player base by pulling more people torwards cabals, and you would also be able to govern who is being a bad apple and who is not. Just an idea that I was thinking after reading the logs as of late, because I haven't played since october...Sad I miss it so much, but I cannot find time to do it that much anymore. Maybe in time I'll be able to come back to it.

Another idea would be to install a cabal defender inside the cabal that rushes to reinforce the entrance. One room away from the guardian eventually, but the mob doesn't have any powers/abilities except for initiating battle. He could have crap hit points, but could keep those that flee in and out busy while the guardian actually has time to defend verses two/three/or more invaders. Let me know what you all think, as I'm sure some of you will go right to flaming this idea. I'm keeping my fingers crossed though, oh, and happy new year everyone, and may you all be safe and healthy.

0 0 0
_Clifton_
Emissary

Location: your and you're are not the same. they're, there, and their are not the same. learn to english.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2010 7:02 pm    Post subject: Re: Cabal Guardian/Gangbangs

Arishel wrote:
Some may say this will only encourage people that are unaffiliated and gangbang to join the cabals and keep on with the same 'ol same 'ol. However, as we know most immortal leaders do not promote gangbangs, and those that would do so in the cabal would be harshly punished.

Most of your post is pretty insightful, but I disagree with this section. I have rarely seen any evidence of non-excessive gangbangs go punished. The only time I recall immortals stepping is when it was getting overboard. An instance or two of it is usually just a suckitupanddeal type of thing.

0 0 0
Arishel

PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2010 7:33 pm    Post subject:

Oops. Yeah, sorry about that. I meant to say excessive, because cabal warfare can get crazy sometimes. Especially when cabal item's are involved. Nevertheless you would be able to weed out the riff raff pretty easily I would think. Thanks for the reply Cliffy.

0 0 0
Mandor

PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2010 8:52 pm    Post subject:

unaffiliated gangbangs are fine on the surface. Cabal rules forbid gangbang without a good cause. Gangbangs themselves are not against the rules, and I suppose someone who did that in a cabal when it was against the guidelines of the cabal would be uninducted. Theoretically, if it was 6 people gangbanging one, and it wasn't made OOC and there wasn't one person who the victim couldn't PK closing doors on the victim to trap them and stuff, then it would be well within rules.

im not sure if gangbang should be a draw to the game though, since if a person joins the game to gangbang, then its OOC. however, being in a cabal comes with the drawbacks of possibly getting ganged by a bunch of caballess. I was sort of hoping the uncaballed would someday try to gather all the items from all the cabals and give them to the zaikkra adept to see if the world sploded.

0 0 0
Blyden

PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2010 6:28 am    Post subject:

Quote:
I was sort of hoping the uncaballed would someday try to gather all the items from all the cabals and give them to the zaikkra adept to see if the world sploded.

It doesn't I know through experience...Nothing happens it just takes the last item and says the same saying as the first three. But try it if you really want to.

0 0 0
Vanisse
Immortal

PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2010 3:11 pm    Post subject:

if you want, i can make the world crash when you get the fourth... Twisted Evil Twisted Evil just sayin'

0 0 0
Master

PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2010 3:15 pm    Post subject:

Blyden wrote:
Quote:
I was sort of hoping the uncaballed would someday try to gather all the items from all the cabals and give them to the Zaikkra adept to see if the world sploded.

It doesn't, I know through experience...Nothing happens it just takes the last item and says the same saying as the first three. But try it if you really want to.

Bugger, there goes my motivation to stop sucking at PK.

0 0 0
Insom

PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2010 3:57 pm    Post subject:

There is no such thing as excessive gang bang these days. You haven't seen unholy gang bangs from hell from the first or the second age. The only good things about those gang bangs was that you started on your re-equipping process quickly and unfortunately often. I got good at re-equipping myself because of those. I think every newbie should go through a couple of UGBH just to get battle hardened.

0 0 0
Dispater

PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2010 8:06 pm    Post subject:

hush, Larorat

0 0 0
Davairus
Implementor

PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2010 11:28 pm    Post subject:

Why not just have a 2v2 tournament? I'll put some custom titles on the line if somebody wants to organise it. Brackets are fine if we're lacking in 50s.

0 0 0
Dogran
Immortal

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2010 1:11 am    Post subject:

I would go for that.

0 0 0
Vanisse
Immortal

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2010 3:57 am    Post subject:

olyn and i were tossing around a similar idea but with groups of 3 in an isolated arena (not the one in seringale). but not making a new arena is easier Razz

0 0 0
Ergorion

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2010 4:13 am    Post subject:

The current arena would make having a healer or shaman a detriment rather than a benefit. Same with an illu if you could find one. Perhaps you could transplant an area like the ford minus the aggro mobs, but still full of the vicious warriors/pikemen if you happen to have an illu/d-k in your group because this is large enough for skill to be a factor rather than which group of three raging berserkers can pump out the most damage fastest.

Dibs on Vanisse for my team.

0 0 0
Insom

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2010 6:10 am    Post subject:

3 v 3 world tournament. Hell I would make a new shaman just for that. Need to call Ramod up and reform with Cliffy.

0 0 0
Davairus
Implementor

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2010 6:59 am    Post subject:

No, use areas. The 2v2 needs more room. Limited to an area should be ok. Fights that go over 10 mins should be declared a draw htough.

0 0 0
FenixMajere

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2010 7:05 am    Post subject:

What would the custom titles be? Could we pick our own or do you already have some titles in the works?

0 0 0
Ergorion

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2010 7:29 am    Post subject:

Davairus wrote:
No, use areas. The 2v2 needs more room. Limited to an area should be ok. Fights that go over 10 mins should be declared a draw htough.

Dav listened to one of my suggestions? Made my day.

0 0 0
Davairus
Implementor

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2010 8:40 am    Post subject:

I don't care about the titles, but I'd want to approve of them before you get any. I'm more interested in reading 2v2 logs.

0 0 0
Ergorion

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2010 9:04 am    Post subject:

Davairus wrote:
I don't care about the titles, but I'd want to approve of them before you get any. I'm more interested in reading 2v2 logs.

I think the title would have to be a link for the two winners. Like Thing 1 and Thing 2. Or Tweedledee and Tweedledum. Except, more related to killing things.

0 0 0
Vhrael
Immortal

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2010 8:26 pm    Post subject:

Ergorion wrote:
Davairus wrote:

I think the title would have to be a link for the two winners. Like Thing 1 and Thing 2. Or Tweedledee and Tweedledum. Except, more related to killing things.

[50 Dwarf War] <PK> Bob Benson the Battlemaster, Legion of Doom #1
[50 Avian Inv] <PK> George Jefferson the Angel of Arcana, Legion of Doom #2

0 0 0
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> Ideas and Suggestions All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: