Forum Links 

Click to return to main page
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile  Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 
 Current Top Rated Killers 
 Next Event   Voting Links 

The event "Bad Blood - Gulgru vs Afales" is beginning in 5 days, 22 hours.

What would you like to see??
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> Ideas and Suggestions
View previous topic :: View next topic  

What would you most like to see in the game?
More ranking areas/more diverse ranking areas
5%
 5%  [ 2 ]
More cabals/coterie choices
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
More items - rare, unique, gambled, etc.
2%
 2%  [ 1 ]
More RP choices: different pets, RP items/props, etc.
5%
 5%  [ 2 ]
Current areas "revamped": new mobs, cleaned up minimap, etc.
5%
 5%  [ 2 ]
New races/classes (yeah right, good luck...)
13%
 13%  [ 5 ]
More racial legacies, or race/class alteration
26%
 26%  [ 10 ]
More imm involvement/visibility
10%
 10%  [ 4 ]
More cabal leadership, active cabal leaders/imms
10%
 10%  [ 4 ]
Eh, everything's good we just need more players
21%
 21%  [ 8 ]
Total Votes : 38

Dispater

PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2010 5:33 pm    Post subject:

Vanisse wrote:
i voted more cabal leaders. i know it is frustrating on the player's side to not have a leader, but i also know that it's tough to be a cabal/coterie imm without a mort leader to help with administrative issues and to keep tabs on what's going on. personally, i feel like i haven't been able to put in adequate time for months now and there are lots of kudos deserved to cadarel, vaelyn and arvar for keeping justice running as smoothly as it did until vhrael came back. the knights and heralds are also gradually coming out of dire straits solely on the dedication of their players.

i think some of you may value imm cabal leadership more but i feel like mort leaders have a much stronger influence on what happens - they have the potential to interact with cabalmates and opposition far more (obviously, since imms can't pk) and in the process make things interesting for everybody.

although yes, i agree with everyone above. i should put in more hours. is there a shop where i can buy more hours in my day? maybe i'll olc one. Sad (i'll try to be around more often in a week or so...but tomorrow i am on a plane for 14 hours...)

I got so much time that id like to spend in AR and do anything useful, but my problem is that Imms dont really like me, so i wouldnt dream of being a cabal leader and my english sucks balls so any decent RP would be out of thought as well. Someone host an european server so all id need to say is "KTHX" "HI I CAN HAZ SOEMGOLD PLEZ?" "U LEAVE! MY XP! I PK U? OK?!"

0 0 0
crazyhorse

PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2010 5:40 pm    Post subject:

Mandor wrote:

neutral clerics?

*fuck... that...*

0 0 0
Erlwith

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2010 5:06 am    Post subject:

I vote: all of the above.

Frankly the game just needs to be refurbished to keep it attractive. A lot of the time we hear change is coming, and either a year later change does come in the form of an incomplete cabal, etc., or a random nerf that just pisses everyone off. I'm not trying to take any shots here, but if reality hurts your feelings it is time to take that permanent nap and live in dreamland.

I think the game is in a pretty good place balance wise and I think a lot of the changes Dav has implemented has made for a much better game than when I started. However it has been a few years since any legitimate changes have come in any decent time frame. I know we're all busy, but in the time it takes to post 15, 500 word posts I'm pretty sure we could be well on the way to getting druids in. I'd like to see new things now, I think we'd all like to, new races/classes/skills/cabals/guilds/areas/roleplay events, whatever. Something to keep things fresh and add new dynamic to the game. Things obviously have gotten dry for a lot of us, not necessarily boring but definitely dry, especially with a smaller pbase.

I don't think we'll all ever agree to "what should be next," only that something should be next. And while I'm thankful for the visual stimulation of this post and the optimistic attitude, these posts aren't a rarity and I just think the effort is better spent giving us an outline of what the imms think should be done, and sticking to it.

I notice all the little area changes, tweaks to cabal grounds, etc. and I think these things are great and I hope they keep coming to keep pvp fresh. But honestly, there's only a small part of the player base who will even notice most of these small things, and it won't be new/lowbies. [/b]

p.s. to touch on neutral clerics: awesome. Their healing ability should be similar to/lesser than regen potions, as in HoT. They'd go without the buffs and the major self healing, and maybe get some interesting spells. Maybe we can even call them druids.

0 0 0
bassball

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2010 6:14 am    Post subject:

Erlwith, some of what you said is true, and some of it I agree with. I just dislike that you always tell people
Quote:
if reality hurts
well... who ever said you're always right?

I don't think the game needs totally refurbished.
I've never had a nerf piss me off.

So, while I think you're right in that everyone wants something to change, and I'd think it would be great to see change. I don't think it needs to be huge, I don't think it needs to be often, and I don't think it NEEDS to happen at all. Only that we'd all appreciate it if it did. Right?

0 0 0
Erlwith

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2010 5:56 pm    Post subject:

I'm not always right...

Quote:
So, while I think you're right in that everyone wants something to change, and I'd think it would be great to see change. I don't think it needs to be huge, I don't think it needs to be often, and I don't think it NEEDS to happen at all. Only that we'd all appreciate it if it did. Right?

but this is the reality I'm talking about.

Games like Imperian, Aardwolf and the other MUDs in the topmudsites top 10 see the biggest playerbase and I think the most enjoyment from their players and new players. Logging on and seeing 3 people is high on the list of turn offs for newbies and vets alike. We have everything the other MUDs do, but we're missing those relatively consistent updates to keep the game up to date and relevant, and also the overall grade of active intelligent staff. Imo more players would make things more interesting. We are in a lucky spot most MUDs these days are not, we have an intelligent, creative and active coder in game, but in the unlucky spot of being sort of cock blocked by Burzuk. We still have the opportunity to make AR a thriving MUD like it was not all that long ago. It would help to see broader updates that make the current engine more dynamic as well as creating new aspects for us to explore. Active and competent staff is another big thing we need more of. I'll leave it at that.

0 0 0
Mandor

PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2010 1:27 am    Post subject:

how exactly is burzuk stopping AR from growing?

0 0 0
crazyhorse

PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2010 1:31 am    Post subject:

Erlwith is deriving stupid assumptions from statements because he is just silly.

Zuk is in no way stopping AR from growing that we as a playerbase know about.

0 0 0
Mandor

PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2010 2:06 am    Post subject:

I thought you quit...

0 0 0
Master

PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2010 2:41 am    Post subject:

Mandor wrote:
I thought you quit...

He sounds pretty pissed, so I'd give him 6 months if he has a social life. 1 year if that social life includes a girlfriend. 2 weeks if neither.

0 0 0
kammkala6

PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2010 5:27 am    Post subject:

I voted More racial legacies, or race/class alteration. Legacies could be a decent way to add power to the weaker race/class combos that are underrepresented in the pbase. Another good thing would be to allow more races to play different classes, lets say a firegiant dark-knight or a storm paladin. Low mana and devastating vuln would not allow them to be overpowered. Also something like a gnome healer could be fun and I dare anyone to say it would be overpowered...

0 0 0
Mandor

PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2010 6:19 am    Post subject:

kammkala6 wrote:
I voted More racial legacies, or race/class alteration. Legacies could be a decent way to add power to the weaker race/class combos that are underrepresented in the pbase. Another good thing would be to allow more races to play different classes, lets say a firegiant dark-knight or a storm paladin. Low mana and devastating vuln would not allow them to be overpowered. Also something like a gnome healer could be fun and I dare anyone to say it would be overpowered...

Fire DK sounds like a fun combo, but giants are not very magically inclined. they can go into cleric classes but not mage classes. You need a race that can be both a warrior and a mage type, otherwise it tends not to fit. It's not that mechanically speaking they cant do it, its that in RP terms, it doesn't make sense. Besides, hybrids already have horrible mana regen, adding a low int and wis would basically make giant hybrids like necros. you spend 30 minutes to 1 hour online just to get ready for a few moments of PK. except instead of needing to raise zombies, you have to rest forever to get back your mana. Its probably an exaggeration, but not much of one. Another reason is parry. Giants would actually dominate in that regard, having a hybrid with the best parry in the game while dishing out dual wielding giant damage and wraths or lightning bolts. all hybrids have races that either have average or low parry, and average to high dex but no dodge.

So a giant would avoid the dodge-less weakness, would make holy or unholy armor way easy to get with their weight carrying capacity, would be able to hold many weapons to always stay weapon or combat style advantaged, would have the best parry in the game, would have a lot of hp and be able to tank and level themselves. So while the mana regen is their biggest weakness, They're still way uber compared to any other hybrid combo.

0 0 0
Tiqa

PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2010 7:59 am    Post subject:

I voted the other day for more cabal leadership (mortal and immortal) as something I would like to see in the game. I will now "expound" Smile

I don’t have a hope in hell of getting into a cabal, nor would I want to at this point in my AR career. And I don’t understand the decision making process and responsibilities that are shared between mortal and immortal leaders. I’m not even sure the reason for immortal leaders other than a nice role play touch, and if less active immortal leaders hold mortal leaders back or visa versa.

I voted for that choice because I firmly believe leadership is so, so important. Coming from the perspective of some of my past jobs, and a mud game where I was a clan member, where in both cases I had times with active and inactive leaders, an active leader makes all the difference. And the lack of a leader makes all of the difference. It can make or break people’s decisions to stay with enthusiasm and strive harder and give more and be more creative. With that said, the leader has to be a good one  that people believe in.

The cabal leadership affects me as a lowly minion in the game because it all trickles down. Good, active leaders keep good cabal members and they in turn create opportunities of conflict or aid for the lowly minions.

I vote for more cabal leadership!!!!

0 0 0
Dispater

PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2010 8:15 am    Post subject:

Tiqa wrote:
I voted the other day for more cabal leadership (mortal and immortal) as something I would like to see in the game. I will now "expound" Smile

I don’t have a hope in hell of getting into a cabal, nor would I want to at this point in my AR career. And I don’t understand the decision making process and responsibilities that are shared between mortal and immortal leaders. I’m not even sure the reason for immortal leaders other than a nice role play touch, and if less active immortal leaders hold mortal leaders back or visa versa.

I voted for that choice because I firmly believe leadership is so, so important. Coming from the perspective of some of my past jobs, and a mud game where I was a clan member, where in both cases I had times with active and inactive leaders, an active leader makes all the difference. And the lack of a leader makes all of the difference. It can make or break people’s decisions to stay with enthusiasm and strive harder and give more and be more creative. With that said, the leader has to be a good one  that people believe in.

The cabal leadership affects me as a lowly minion in the game because it all trickles down. Good, active leaders keep good cabal members and they in turn create opportunities of conflict or aid for the lowly minions.

For some reason, Tiqa always makes me smile...he/she is always so straightforward and honest, also with qualities that i had long forgotten to excist on internet:P

0 0 0
Olyn
Immortal

PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2010 12:44 pm    Post subject:

Dispater wrote:

For some reason, Tiqa always makes me smile...he/she is always so straightforward and honest, also with qualities that i had long forgotten to excist on internet:P

I change my vote to more Tiqas.

0 0 0
Davairus
Implementor

PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2010 12:59 pm    Post subject:

Dispater wrote:
Tiqa wrote:

also quoting some big post and not reading it and posting one line of rubbish afterit,cuz this is the AR forum amirite

Stay on topic.

0 0 0
Dispater

PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2010 6:34 pm    Post subject:

I did read it, i'm always offtopic tho, because the ontopic subjects are always too cliche!

0 0 0
Ceridwel
Immortal

PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2010 6:07 pm    Post subject:

Just throwing this out there again since it was swept under the rug in a previous thread (http://abandonedrealms.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=5161) and never really discussed properly...

More Set Items would be awesome, specifically a non-rare non-weapon-dependant set for Goods that gives hit and/or damroll. Evils have malicious beast, neutrals have thews. Golden Guardian is weapon dependant, and Platinum Might doesn't give hit/dam.

0 0 0
Olyn
Immortal

PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2010 8:14 pm    Post subject:

Knights have the lion-crested.

Everyone else can request mithril/wood/silver/gold dragon stuff while ghosted, even a few rares.

I was trying to make a set just like you said before realizing it isn't needed.

0 0 0
Faelon
Emissary

PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2010 9:20 pm    Post subject:

Quote:

Knights have the lion-crested.

Everyone else can request mithril/wood/silver/gold dragon stuff while ghosted, even a few rares.

I was trying to make a set just like you said before realizing it isn't needed.

I don't really see how that means it isn't needed.

Evils can kill for Black-tear/Dark Oak/Red Dragon + Pretty Good Malicious Beast

Neutrals can kill for Dark Oak/Mithril/Silver/Wood + Bad Ass Thews.

0 0 0
Ceridwel
Immortal

PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2010 9:33 pm    Post subject:

Faelon wrote:
I don't really see how that means it isn't needed.

Evils can kill for Black-tear/Dark Oak/Red Dragon + Pretty Good Malicious Beast

Neutrals can kill for Dark Oak/Mithril/Silver/Wood + Bad Ass Thews.

I agree with Faelon. Evils/Neutrals can kill for their sets and be up and running in minutes. Goods have to request, which means they take 10? 20? times longer to re-equip to the same degree. I'm guesstimating on the times, but you catch my drift. Tell me what I'm missing here...

0 0 0
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> Ideas and Suggestions All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: