Forum Links 

Click to return to main page
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile  Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 
 Current Top Rated Killers 
 Next Event   Voting Links 

The event "Bad Blood - Gulgru vs Afales" is beginning in 6 days, 12 hours.

Druid
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> Ideas and Suggestions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Arishel

PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2010 7:48 pm    Post subject: Druid

Here's some things that I put together in my spare time:

Skills:

Level 1- mace/dagger/staff/whip/sword
level 3- scout
level 4- parry
level 6- keen sight/kick
level 8- parry
level 10- campfire
level 11- enhanced damage
level 13- second attack
level 14- disarm
level 15- shield block
level 16- meditation
level 18- dual wield
level 19- lore
level 21- camouflage
level 23- third attack
level 25- beastform
level 30- druid staff

Spells:

Level 1- magic missile
level 3- control weather
level 4- create water
level 5- canine form (change to Dog, Coyote, Wolf) (Luck based+Beastform mastery)
level 6- create food
level 8- sap (drain strength/wisdom)
level 9- protection creature
level 11- might (add strength/damage roll) (cost of life per tick)
level 12- sense motion
level 13- call lightning
level 14- detect invis
level 16- water walk (no need for boat in water/sneak over water)
level 17- Feline form (Kitten, Mountain Lion, Tiger) (Luck based/plus beastform mastery based)
level 22- earthquake
level 23- wilderness walk (reduced move over forest area/sneak through)
level 27- capture (charm creature) (Start when at quite a few wounds/success raises if creature is near death) (Life isn't replenished to captured creature)
level 29- cure disease
level 33- bear form (Black bear, Polar bear, Grizzly) (Luck based/mastery beastform)
level 35- Alter Terrain (Turn terrain into Forest/water/field/hills/cave etc.)

This is a rough draft to get your minds thinking. This is basically setup to be a third hybrid for AR taking ranger/druid skills. Even threw in some monk friendly forms for options. Again, just an idea that I thought of for us. Tell me what you think. This was on the spot, so enjoy.

0 0 0
Olyn
Immortal

PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2010 8:46 pm    Post subject:

This is way too powerful with enhanced damage, dual wield, and that spell selection but there's a few good ideas amongst the spells.

0 0 0
Slade
Emissary

PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2010 10:26 pm    Post subject:

Third attack Very Happy ..

Druids must follow the cleric mold. Two attacks, no enhanced damage, ward and the usual protections (aside from well... prot). Flavor wise they would probably bend towards regen over time (not too much time mind you) rather than burst healing, and they would get a bunch of nifty but situation (time of day, location, maybe both, etc.) specific offensive spells. Overall they should be a hair weaker than healer or shaman to account for the flexibility and ease of being neutral. Perhaps the lack of protection against any alignment and worse burst healing does the job right there, though also it could just be the extra demand of situation recognition to get the best of their spells.

0 0 0
Mandor

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2010 12:16 am    Post subject:

no moonkin form? autofail.

0 0 0
Arishel

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2010 2:37 am    Post subject:

Don't know if that's considered WOW or another game that has an opinion as to what a druid should be like, but that is something I have not wanted to intervene into this game that I hold dear. I don't play WOW, I play call of duty, because I won't get crazy ideas to want the immortals to add an m-16 with the bling perk so that I can mow down an enemy. I am easily influenced by games in general, and thinking of things that would be considered original is something I also hold dear.

If that wasn't WOW related or based off of another game, then cool. My bad for jumping the gun, but it seems to me like that is in fact the case.

I would like for this mud to not copy other games, and I do see some things that would bypass the "copy" factor. These things are, however, reasonable to have as part of this game. Sorry, I'm in a bad mood. Didn't mean to take it out on the forum.

Please keep your criticism on topic, thanks.

I hate the pressure of closing on a house....Lol. It's so nerve-racking.

0 0 0
Tiqa

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2010 3:46 am    Post subject:

Control weather seems like a spell that I can totally picture a druid casting, but how does it actually affect things? The help file says rangers can control weather to make it to their liking. I was once a ranger but that spell doesn't stick out in my memory. How does that spell help a ranger make things better for themselves or worse for an enemy? I can't think of any examples of what class it would harm if it was raining or scorching hot.

0 0 0
Olyn
Immortal

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2010 3:59 am    Post subject:

Rangers used to get a control weather spell that over time would make it storm in their area, allowing them to call lightning. They could also make the weather conditions improve, but I don't think it had a point besides making it so other rangers couldn't use call lightning.

0 0 0
Tiqa

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2010 5:15 am    Post subject:

I see. Thanks Olyn.

0 0 0
crazyhorse

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2010 6:11 pm    Post subject:

So just throwing out a skill/spell list that you think sounds cool is pretty much a waste of everyones time.

Im pretty pleased with Olyn that he could find some good out of it, but jesus christ. Spur of the moment shit is dumb. People who think things through get rejected all the time. Why the hell would youput something like that up just for sng's?

0 0 0
Stiehl26

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2010 7:31 pm    Post subject:

More than likely Arishel did think about skills/spells but due to the tendancy towards instant flames he/she (?) prefaced it with the statements that he did so that he could fall back on "well it was just a spur of the moment thought". Why not offer some constructive criticism towards the skill/spell set instead of pointlessly flaming the OP?

Druids as a whole would fill, what IMHOP is the missing niche that the lack of a neutral "cleric" creates. Varying degrees of healing over time would be an ideal spell set to bring to the table. I think they should be more or at the very least equally tied to the forest as rangers.

Skills could be such things as staff, mace, spear, dagger, forest walk (sneak in forests), second attack, parry, dodge (or whatever combination of 2 defences that seem appropriate), some form of fast healing and then perhaps some kind of regeneration when in the forest (similar to the berserker regeneration perhaps toned down or made better depending on just how good regeneration is), druid staff, meditation and perhaps trance. In my opinion I wouldnt think they should have third attack, enhanced damage, or dual wield.

Key spells could be faerie fire, faerie fog, summon woodland creature (could have perhaps several to pick from that have different functions...though only one could be summoned at a time), barkskin spell, several levels of heal over time spells. Plague and poison would seem appropriate spells...though not many other maledictives would work. Offensive spells could be elemental in nature. Ice, fire, and earth attacks seem like they would fit in. Max damage on the spells would want to be nothing like the old tornado...and definitely not AOE. I think some form of spell/skill delaying spell like ghoul's touch would fit in nicely as well (entangling vines...forest only perhaps).

Is there any intent of the immortal staff to have a druid redux? People hear druid and they seem to think over powered...but obviously druids don't need to be brought back as they were...that would just be foolish.

0 0 0
Arishel

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2010 9:04 pm    Post subject:

Apparently Crazyhorse's ass still hurts from no lube. Just because you are pissed doesn't mean that you should take it out on everyone you come across. I mean, seriously, if you are in that mindset then what good are you for this forum/mud? If you have that attitude, why would they even consider to give you back a life when you'd just flame your way into a rage delete? Grow up, grab your pair, and move on. How about trying a different approach with some positive criticism?

Back on topic: I thought about this enough to sit and write down the ideas I had. This is a rough draft to help the immortals if they are stuck on certain thnigs they should/shouldn't have. Druid was saved from the evil treants (if I'm correct) though the psi's guild was completely destroyed. At some point, I think for RP reason, it would be nice to see them return. I'm not saying I want them now, but if we can all pull together to help the immortals (they do WAY too much as it is) then things may go alot smoother. In other words, add your own twists to the list and let's see what you come up with. Thanks, Crazyhorse.

0 0 0
crazyhorse

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2010 10:13 pm    Post subject:

This game is defined by the word balance.

You writing down kewl pwning skeels that are l33t are a waste of everyones time. Especially yours, since you took the time to write them down.

When the Imms are looking for completely wasted brainstorming, they will ask for it. And from someone who isnt quite this stupid.

As for Stiehl: I am not here to read his mind. He stated *these are off the top of my head* so I took them as them being off the top of his head. And the idea was poorly thought out. What do ya know?

I am not going to say good job! Keep trying! You will get it next time! If you want someone to pat your sack while you fail go talk to your mom. I am not here to do that.

**edit**

And did you REALLY suggest that they should get BOTH trance AND regeneration? Like really?

0 0 0
Mandor

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2010 11:42 pm    Post subject:

trance, regeneration, power of roiy, haste, fourth attack, hellstream, set parry and double grip.

*drool*

0 0 0
Stiehl26

PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2010 2:31 am    Post subject:

crazyhorse wrote:

As for Stiehl: I am not here to read his mind. He stated *these are off the top of my head* so I took them as them being off the top of his head. And the idea was poorly thought out. What do ya know?

I am not going to say good job! Keep trying! You will get it next time! If you want someone to pat your sack while you fail go talk to your mom. I am not here to do that.

**edit**

And did you REALLY suggest that they should get BOTH trance AND regeneration? Like really?

I didn't ask you to read anyone's mind and I wasn't in attack mode like you appear to be. I was more so pointing out the lack of ability to commit to one's ideas with conviction from Arishel while also pointing out that so few people want to CONstruct but rather prefer to DEstruct any idea that is presented. There has been a murmur and at least some interest from other players regarding a neutral healing class. How dare someone actually take some initiative and put something down to start, what could be, a discussion involving the fleshing out of a new class.

**edit**

And did you really post twice without adding a single constructive thing to the post? Also, you read my post right? Where I said some form of regeneration in the forest only...where I also said that if regeneration was too powerful that maybe a modified form of it would be more appropriate. I guess I dont understand why you have a problem with trance on, at least what i'm envisioning, as a casting reliant class.

0 0 0
Mandor

PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2010 6:12 am    Post subject:

Instead, we could all make a list together as a community outlining what a neutral healing class needs.

Do we want it to follow the same template as paladins and dks? where damage comes from weapons and spells provide defenses, offense and healing? Do we want it to have its own unique template and flavor? the latter is a little harder to make work, but would probably be great. also, if it really is a neutral healing class, would it be open to all ethos, or limited to true neutral?

One thing the neutral class should have is an anti-good/anti-evil spell, like dispel sides.

0 0 0
_Clifton_
Emissary

Location: your and you're are not the same. they're, there, and their are not the same. learn to english.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2010 8:51 am    Post subject:

learn to write a class in c that can tap into rom 2.4. save dav some work.

0 0 0
Davairus
Implementor

PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2010 9:27 am    Post subject:

When/if druids return (not sure I'll live this long) we will definitely be keeping the elemental afflictives concept, and toning down their melee offense. I think for druids to come back, we would need to come up with a point to herb gathering. The natural thing to go for with this is to make it the basis for their mals and their cure spells, but do they throw potions or create scrolls, or what.

0 0 0
Xerties

PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2010 2:25 pm    Post subject:

Clif wrote:
learn to write a class in c that can tap into rom 2.4. save dav some work.

Dav, is this the sort of thing you would be open to? Or anything on that level?

0 0 0
crazyhorse

PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2010 6:10 pm    Post subject:

Im tired of arguing a very basic concept.

Think things through before you put them up for people to pick apart, or the entire idea will be labeled as stupid. Its pretty easy math.

A random off the top of your head idea is not going to be balanced. Period.

0 0 0
Master

PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2010 11:05 pm    Post subject:

Why were druids removed from the game in the first place? I wasn't around then, so I don't even know what kind of skills they had.

0 0 0
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> Ideas and Suggestions All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: