Forum Links 

Click to return to main page
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile  Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 
 Current Top Rated Killers 
 Next Event   Voting Links 

The event "Bad Blood - Gulgru vs Afales" is beginning in 5 days, 12 hours.

New good-align set discussion

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> The Battlefield
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Olyn
Immortal

PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2010 9:54 pm    Post subject: New good-align set discussion

iolo wrote:
Just throwing this out there again since it was swept under the rug in a previous thread (http://abandonedrealms.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=5161) and never really discussed properly...

More Set Items would be awesome, specifically a non-rare non-weapon-dependant set for Goods that gives hit and/or damroll. Evils have malicious beast, neutrals have thews. Golden Guardian is weapon dependant, and Platinum Might doesn't give hit/dam.

Olyn wrote:
Knights have the lion-crested.

Everyone else can request mithril/wood/silver/gold dragon stuff while ghosted, even a few rares.

I was trying to make a set just like you said before realizing it isn't needed.

Faelon wrote:
Quote:

Knights have the lion-crested.

Everyone else can request mithril/wood/silver/gold dragon stuff while ghosted, even a few rares.

I was trying to make a set just like you said before realizing it isn't needed.

I don't really see how that means it isn't needed.

Evils can kill for Black-tear/Dark Oak/Red Dragon + Pretty Good Malicious Beast

Neutrals can kill for Dark Oak/Mithril/Silver/Wood + Bad Ass Thews.

iolo wrote:
Faelon wrote:
I don't really see how that means it isn't needed.

Evils can kill for Black-tear/Dark Oak/Red Dragon + Pretty Good Malicious Beast

Neutrals can kill for Dark Oak/Mithril/Silver/Wood + Bad Ass Thews.

I agree with Faelon. Evils/Neutrals can kill for their sets and be up and running in minutes. Goods have to request, which means they take 10? 20? times longer to re-equip to the same degree. I'm guesstimating on the times, but you catch my drift. Tell me what I'm missing here...

Olyn wrote:
Evils and neutrals have to unghost to get any of that. Goods can get at least half a set of equipment before anyone can touch them. Nobody should need insta-eq unless you're in a cabal, and Knights have lion-crested.

0 0 0
Faelon
Emissary

PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2010 10:12 pm    Post subject:

The non set items is equal between the two. It can take a whole lot out of your day, trying to request a full set of items on a goody. You have to heal up and get a couple of fiery daggers to fully equip on a neutral or evil. On Deriic it didn't take that long at all to completely outfit into Malicious beast.

Legion has a skill which balances out Lion Crested, in a different sort of way.

Keepers have nifty weapons and thews, obviously the more powerful non rare set, but again it is also obvious why. No complaints here.

Justices have the option of being evil or neutral, both of which have the sets mentioned above.

Knights have to pay for their set, which after purchasing defenders is a pain in the ass. They get no sets other than weapon dependent sets or health/mana sets.

Uncabaled Goodies have really no set options other than the same as Knights, minus lions. And they can request, which takes ten times as long as killing the creatures that hold the items. The only perk being that they can do it after they die.

Also, no one is asking for any insta-eq, simply a set for Goodies. Mix in a few neutral items with it and one or two good align only equipment and your problem is solved.

(EDIT) Sorry, I posted right after you Olyn. Feel free to delete the Other.

0 0 0
Ceridwel
Immortal

PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2010 11:50 pm    Post subject:

I've been mulling this over since my last post a few hours ago. I may have sounded like I wanted an insta-equip set for non-caballed goodies, and I want to clarify that that's not what I'm suggesting. I guess I just like sets in general, they're cool! And there is an obvious lack of a goodie set that gives hit/dam that is not weapon dependent, so to me logically if new sets are going to get created lets fill that hole first. Just think how cool something like this would be:

Code:

<used as light>              a Sun Rod
<worn around neck>      a billowing white cape
<worn on arms>            a pair of mithril sleeves
<worn on hands>           a pair of red scalemail gloves
<worn on legs>              a pair of living wood graves
<worn on feet>              a pair of brass boots

Set  : Light's Prevail: modifies save_vs_spell by -5 permanently
                      : modifies damroll by 3 permanently
                      : modifies hitroll by 3 permanently
                      : modifies ac by -34 permanently
                      : grants Detect Evil permanently

I'm just throwing out numbers, I'm no good calculating balance. But ya, sounds cool!

With that said...Olyn, if you're saying that a Goodie can request a combination of mithril/wood/golden/silver to be equipped with a non-weapon-dependant non-rare set of gear that is just as balanced and 'fair' as evils' MB and neutrals' TT, I believe you. I just haven't found the right combination of said good gear yet I guess.

0 0 0
Groq
Immortal

PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2010 12:43 am    Post subject:

I'd much rather get a set of evil/neu gear myself. That's one of the biggest things that pissed me off playing a knight specially when there was a bug and the mithril wasn't comming back right. It is wicked easy to get a set being goodie with requesting but it's not nearly as fast as people make it out to be. If you a Knight any evil in their right mind would just sit near mithril if they wanted you dead. You can't fully eq by requesting while a ghost. You can't as an evil either but it's much faster the oak guy isn't hard really. But yeah just my 2 cents.

0 0 0
Mandor

PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2010 6:52 am    Post subject:

oak guy not hard is relative.

all oak got put on a single mob.
mob got sanc.
mob got rage.
mob got berserk.

sure, for 3 defense types its easier, but anyone else is risking their neck.

you might say the same thing, if a good wanted you dead, camp the oaky.

0 0 0
Groq
Immortal

PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2010 6:59 am    Post subject:

No if your a goodie, check red dragon, check oak, if not there go check black tear because that's easy as fuck to get. Your stuck with living wood which sucks pretty much by itself as a good or mithril... maybe living dragon if you wanted that set.. and taking two mins to kill one guy is way better than 20 mins taking to request mithril.

0 0 0
Faelon
Emissary

PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2010 3:46 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
sure, for 3 defense types its easier, but anyone else is risking their neck.

You are right, it is pretty close to (though I would say not precisely) equivalent. But thats the point. For non-set items, the gaining of said items is equal. However, both neut/evil have the ability to gain a set as well which offers them an advantage that goodies just don't have as far as sets are concerned.

0 0 0
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> The Battlefield All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: