Forum Links 

Click to return to main page
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile  Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 
 Current Top Rated Killers 
 Next Event   Voting Links 

The event "Bad Blood - Gulgru vs Afales" is beginning in 5 days, 15 hours.

NO_QUIT
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> Ideas and Suggestions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
_Clifton_
Emissary

Location: your and you're are not the same. they're, there, and their are not the same. learn to english.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2010 2:47 pm    Post subject:

The way I look at it is simply this, you have to give your opponent an opportunity to kill you. This means, going there, and skirmishing a bit. It is on the opponent to be able to track and kill you. If they can't manage to do this, it is by no means your fault, especially when you're at a huge level/gear disadvantage. There is nothing that says, you should go in there, eat the death, and quit out naked -- in fact, cabals state the exact opposite. If your opponent can keep up with you and beat you around, good on them. If you can lose them, then that's really their issue. There's not a chance that I would go in and just be prepared to die short of an imm saying go in and die. The simple fact of the matter is all the cabals (minus keepers) have a way to keep you in an area for a reason.

If I can lose you, and there's virtually no chance to for me win, I'm not just going to die so you can loot my shit. I'd bet that no one would willing go in just to die. Maybe I'd repeat it a few times, but eventually the whole exercise would become tedious. Oh, and the cabals (minus keepers) all have mobs that will announce your position to make tracking you easier, just in case you do manage to get away a bit.

0 0 0
Davairus
Implementor

PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2010 3:02 pm    Post subject:

Now don't take that statemnt out of context. It would have to be some pretty motherfucking pimp gear, against innumerable odds, in a gear-dependent cabal. A wanted Legion vs Justices could get away with it. Ask pip or kalist to clarify it.

0 0 0
Master

PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2010 3:57 pm    Post subject:

_Clifton_ wrote:
It is on the opponent to be able to track and kill you.

Wouldn't that statement only work if they were invading to kill rather than to take the item? I know there are people out there who'll invade just to piss around, but isn't the entire purpose of invasion to take the cabal's item?

0 0 0
crazyhorse

PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2010 6:47 pm    Post subject:

Typically speaking, for me, I take the cabals item if its a gank. Invading is purely to get the other guy to fight me.

0 0 0
kammkala6

PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2010 7:31 pm    Post subject:

Clifton what if they have your item and you either go for it and die or quit? What would you do? Would you go in, skirmish a bit and then quit with your item still taken?

0 0 0
_Clifton_
Emissary

Location: your and you're are not the same. they're, there, and their are not the same. learn to english.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2010 8:35 pm    Post subject:

If i can't get the item and they can't kill me, the exercise could be repeated ad nausea. It would be a waste of time. More practically speaking, how much closer are you to getting the item if you are naked from a full loot? Since these are judgement calls, you really don't want to make one an imm will disagree with. Side note, there should be more leeway when facing disadvantages and effort has to be made. Whether imms agree with me on this, i dont know

0 0 0
kammkala6

PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2010 8:58 pm    Post subject:

If you cant get the item and they cant kill you, that would be in the situation where you go in for only a few rounds and instantly run away.

0 0 0
crazyhorse

PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2010 10:42 pm    Post subject:

Guardians are shittastic for a reason. In any non 3 v1 or more situation, you should be able to get your item back. It might take 10 attempts. But you can do it in any situation.

0 0 0
Faelon
Emissary

PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2010 11:16 pm    Post subject:

If someone invades, it is a cabal'd players job to get them out of there. Period. If that means doing it over and over, than so be it. The uncabal'd don't HAVE to do anything. So fleeing out of the cabal and praying they chase is you is a good idea, but it is not mandatory for them to chase you. It is mandatory for a cabal'd player to defend. I don't see where the god damn misunderstanding is here.

Person invades.
You go fight and get low on health, run.
They don't Chase.
You quit.

How is that above a part of the cabal structure? Where does it say you just have to kind of half ass it? I may not be the best pk'er on the planet, but god damn ask any Knight I fought against if they invaded, I got them out or I died in the attempt. Thats part of being in a cabal.

0 0 0
kammkala6

PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2010 5:08 am    Post subject:

I guess you died for no reason mate.

0 0 0
Mandor

PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2010 4:43 pm    Post subject:

Davairus wrote:
I think its a dangerous classification to try to make... because its so opinionated. You'll see smart players quit instead of just handing over their pimp winter eq to the other cabal. Its a fair argument to make... why would you want to arm your opponents... and then get dominated the whole month, along with everyone else in your cabal. Not cowardly, just smart. I don't like to see one-sided cabal raids used as a means to loot-pinata players, especially when it goes back and forth all month. Another reason why I wanted the Keeper cabal here.

In my experience, the lameass would be someone at 50 who always logs out quickly when I login, or especially when walking onto his path, or also seems to be avoiding my play hours. If I have to raid his cabal just to get a fight with the guy, while he aggressively bottom feeds on the lower rank players otherwise, well then he's lame. I don't know what else bothers me much. If an emergency comes up, close the fucking window... if that makes you die, too bad, but your own fault for playing too long isn't it? People quitting in the middle of a battle hasn't been a problem since the adrenaline patch, unless they void out (which, when they realyl do have to go, gets done... and the character is left unattended and vulnerable) so I find it hard to comment on those. But basically quitting for safety is the stupid stuff.

so,
voiding by closing out is okay.
quitting to deny loot pinata to enemy cabal is okay.
quitting to deny loot pinata is for safety reasons, so the enemy cabal doesnt get your stuff and dominate you.
quitting for safety is stupid stuff.

gotcha

0 0 0
_Clifton_
Emissary

PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2010 4:49 pm    Post subject:

putting words in his mouth right now won't have any effect when he kicks your character for poor conduct. there aren't specific guidelines for this for the simple reason that everything is reviewed on a case by case basis.

0 0 0
Mandor

PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2010 9:00 pm    Post subject:

Davairus wrote:
Its a fair argument to make... why would you want to arm your opponents... and then get dominated the whole month, along with everyone else in your cabal. Not cowardly, just smart. I don't like to see one-sided cabal raids used as a means to loot-pinata players, especially when it goes back and forth all month.

If an emergency comes up, close the fucking window... if that makes you die, too bad, but your own fault for playing too long isn't it? People quitting in the middle of a battle hasn't been a problem since the adrenaline patch, unless they void out (which, when they realyl do have to go, gets done... and the character is left unattended and vulnerable) so I find it hard to comment on those. But basically quitting for safety is the stupid stuff.

I didnt think that distilling his comments was putting words in his mouth..

0 0 0
Davairus
Implementor

PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2010 11:56 pm    Post subject:

I think it would help you to understand how the Immortals actually look at their role in enforcing the requirements of the cabals. Remember, we're the same bunch of people that deal with renames and descs, cheating and equipment multis. That's the majority of an Imms workload.. its tiring, its tedious, its not fun, but it has to be done by somebody for the better of the game. So the last thing we want is to have to wade into the cabals and pull out weeds from there too.. these players aren't supposed to need that guidance. Can you say burn-out?

There is the simple hard-coded act of knocking on a cabal's door to refresh adrenaline provided... that means YOU THE ATTACKER can decide when your opponent leaves.. there's no need to complain so much about that. Use what has been given. I can give you my opinion on some situations where I don't see the *uncaballed* players caring if you hid or just quit on them (its different when its cabal vs cabal raiding for sure), but the "help cabal conduct" helpfile is basically there to be followed, and if you don't like anything in that, then just don't join.

0 0 0
Mandor

PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2010 12:19 am    Post subject:

Of course the cabal conduct needs to be followed, as its the rules for joining one, such as the conduct for knights or the conduct for keepers. Someone that joins the respective cabal and proceeds to not do anything is telling the leaders of the cabal they don't want to be there.

It's the unfounded complaining thats also problematic. Like you say, adrenaline can be refreshed via the guardian, so if someone still is able to quit, they have to have voided, which means they were vulnerable and killable. Which means that there is no way someone can just up and quit. Which means there shouldnt be an issue anymore. I don't like it either when people start claims that go largely unproven and have an unreasonable basis. It's like making imms spend time watching ugly paint dry when they could be doing better things for the game. So I hope anyone out there who is a cabal ground tagging whine turd thinks about that.

with a hard coded method now that stops quitting, its impossible now to complain that someone did quit out during a cabal raid, since you cant quit under adrenaline.

That should solve all complaints now, right?

In summation, people can no longer quit if someone is trying to invade, so they cannot ever be accused of quitting again.

0 0 0
Ceridwel
Immortal

PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2010 5:45 pm    Post subject:

I've been following along this thread and others lately about cabal conduct, and I have just one question....why are cabal members afraid to die? I looked at the graveyard back to Jan 1 2007, and there have been only TEN condeath cabal members, most of them Knights.

Are youz really so scared to defend against bad odds, because youz are trying to save your lives? Clearly the majority of cabal members delete or rage delete, so what the fuck? Get in there and get your hands dirty!

Or is it just about saving your good gear?

0 0 0
crazyhorse

PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2010 6:02 pm    Post subject:

Gear. Period.

0 0 0
Vhrael
Immortal

PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2010 7:04 pm    Post subject:

iolo wrote:
is it just about saving your good gear?

crazyhorse wrote:
Gear. Period.

So your gear's uber, but not uber enough to deal with the invader... and you're afraid to lose it...

WITHOUT MENTIONING THE 8-RANK ADVANTAGE SCENARIO, what other reason is there for this to be a valid excuse for not defending?

0 0 0
crazyhorse

PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2010 9:21 pm    Post subject:

I was explaining the viewpoint. I wasnt defending any actions.

I think clif was a bitch for quiting out with 8 ranks.

0 0 0
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> Ideas and Suggestions All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: