Forum Links 

Click to return to main page
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile  Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 
 Current Top Rated Killers 
 Next Event   Voting Links 

The event "Bad Blood - Gulgru vs Afales" is beginning in 6 days, 4 hours.

The charge skill explained.

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mandor

PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2010 7:27 pm    Post subject: The charge skill explained.

So you give up the possibility of 3-4 or 6-8 attacks depending if you're dual wielding for slightly higher damage in a single hit that may miss.

What possible use does this have as I've never seen it used. it looks like a waste of a practice to me, other than the fact it can knock a target out of the air.

0 0 0
Vhrael
Immortal

PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2010 8:48 pm    Post subject:

- Charge can, like you said, knock flying targets down (instead of trip/etc.), plus it's a lag skill.
- Charge works with weapon and hit/dam, so especially with vulns/no sanc it'll plow into 'em instead of the weak(er) damage that bash/trip/bodyslam would do.
- See below responses.

Last edited by Vhrael on Tue Mar 30, 2010 12:26 pm; edited 1 time in total

0 0 0
Mandor

PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2010 9:16 pm    Post subject:

I wasn't aware charge would lag people beyond flying enemies. it doesn't have any description that implies it lags people other than if they're flying.

0 0 0
Slade
Emissary

PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2010 5:29 am    Post subject:

I don't think it does.

I don't recall the details, but aside from lagging fliers, the general thought is that it can be more advantageous to use against classes with heavy defenses (maybe it can't be parried??) than murder is - I don't remember why exactly. something to do with being slightly more a factor of your charge proficiency and a little less to do with at least one non-shield/counterbalance defense(s).

0 0 0
Nyub101
Emissary

PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:34 am    Post subject:

Use charge as a duel wielding axe minotaur. The mayhem will unfold as you fall in love with your new strong and furry, yet stupid, animal man thing.

0 0 0
Davairus
Implementor

PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2010 9:41 am    Post subject:

If your opponent is sleeping, your first attack will do much larger damage to them. This includes the first attack of a murder, also your charge, backstab, etc. I would definitely charge a sleeping target for the bonus, especially since it goes through defences too... if you just murder and they parry it, well goodbye bonus. I've done an unspeakable charge on a player vuln before because of that sleeping bonus.

0 0 0
Mandor

PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2010 10:52 am    Post subject:

so you could theoretically load up on the thick steel from gasteride or wherever, and get 0 hit 90 dam, and then charge them, and it'll bypass all defenses?

0 0 0
Master

PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2010 1:08 pm    Post subject:

I thought sleeping targets were prime for an overhead. Or is that more of an in-combat thing?

0 0 0
bassball

PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2010 2:49 pm    Post subject:

Charge can't be countered. There's nothing more freakin sucky then being quick enough to land the murders, and having them get countered anyways. I always thought overhead was to own people sleeping. Never seen it though. Really want to overhead someone who's sleeping with their vuln weapon, while they're dual wielding, and without sanc. Just to see if the carnage is really that sweet.

0 0 0
Davairus
Implementor

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2010 2:21 am    Post subject:

Charge can miss, but I don't believe it misses because of hitroll. Not going to check code here because I'd rather not know for sure either.

0 0 0
Mandor

PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2010 3:45 am    Post subject:

When there's a vuln thats totally physical, say gnome vs blunt or illith vs slash for instance, when you do charge attack it says "your charge attack" instead of "crush" or "slash". Does this negate the vuln? I just noticed while trying it on illithid guards that the charge attack did as much damage to them as to anything else, although the subsequent cleave attacks were much higher in damage. or did the RNG just give me really bad damage?

0 0 0
Vhrael
Immortal

PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2010 12:11 pm    Post subject:

Mandor wrote:
when you do charge attack it says "your charge attack" instead of "crush" or "slash". Does this negate the vuln?

Davairus wrote:
I've done an unspeakable charge on a player vuln before because of that sleeping bonus.

Pretty sure it doesn't negate the vuln. It's the same as:

"Your overhead smash ***DEVASTATES*** Bob!"

The syntax of the attack is just to distinguish a charge vs. regular melee attacks.
Mandor wrote:
did the RNG just give me really bad damage?

Prolly. Sorry. Wink

0 0 0
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> Newbie Q/A All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: