Forum Links 

Click to return to main page
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile  Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 
 Current Top Rated Killers 
 Next Event   Voting Links 

The event "Bad Blood - Gulgru vs Afales" is beginning in 6 days, 9 hours.

Ninjas
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> The Battlefield
View previous topic :: View next topic  
pip

PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2004 11:26 am    Post subject: Ninjas

Alright, since you guys gimped the shit out of ninjas, (assassinate hits 1 out of 10 at 50 mastered), perhaps you could give them a somewhat minor form of dual parry, like the berserkers. Even though they are the master of dual wielding, minor would be best. I played a ninja for a while, mastered assassinate, and they have nothing at all on a thief. So I mean, if the mud is suppose to be balance, I get ninjas got the unlubed shaft.

0 0 0
Athaekeetha

PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2004 3:17 pm    Post subject: hmmm

Well, I dont know that your numbers are correct, but lets assume for a moment that they are... you have a 10% chance of killing in 1 blow, what are you complaining about? Even if you dont succeed the first time, you just run away and try again when you're ready.

Ath

0 0 0
E-ant

PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2004 4:07 pm    Post subject:

You have to bust a guy atleast 10 times, with strangle, cure them up, remove all their poison and shit while youre shafted on low hp, then fail assassinate and then get raped.

0 0 0
Sebryn

PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2004 4:31 pm    Post subject:

Yup...

Recite flying scroll. Quaff amber, quaff purple. Assassinate, flee, vanish, hide, inv, wait a few rounds, repeat until target is dead. Assuming you don't get caught with a lag skill (hmm, avian ninja...) you could tear someone up all day with that.

Even at your "1 in 10," a one-hit kill is still that... a one-hit kill. No duel, no running around wasting potions... just "assassinate <target>, death." Powerful stuff if you ask me.

0 0 0
Davairus
Implementor

PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2004 4:50 pm    Post subject:

Don't worry, pretty soon it'll be replaced by a new skill - masturbate. This one will bring you untold pleasure, with a small risk of blindness.

Quote:

assassinate hits 1 out of 10 at 50 mastered

Funny how people can come up with stats like this for skills so infrequently seen as assassinate, but they still manage to avoid using foreign weapon types where available, and vulns. Incidentally this little fact probably helps explain why your ninja sucks.

0 0 0
Sebryn

PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2004 5:31 pm    Post subject:

Haha... your ninja sucks.

0 0 0
pip

PostPosted: Sat Jun 12, 2004 2:39 am    Post subject:

Alright, compare them to a thief. What do they have on them? They can see while hidden? So? Thief has every weapon, excluding the staff, but to a halfling, you want to do as much damage possible because you can't lag them out. Trip lags for a round, and hell, grapple does the same. Blackjack hits a hella lot more than stangle. And sayin 1 out of 10 is good, it's really not, because that is all a ninja really has. You can't go one on one vs. a warrior or ranger, you'll get spanked. But hey, all to even the game out huh?

0 0 0
Davairus
Implementor

PostPosted: Sat Jun 12, 2004 3:26 am    Post subject:

Extra offense a thief dont have:

caltraps & nerve
blind dust & poison smoke
ikuzachi
invis
grapple

Extra defense a thief don't have:

vanish
cure light & acupuncture

"Bah I can't kill one people in one hit with assassinate, or spam people to death with just grapple". Maybe you should play a fire giant.

0 0 0
Tuco

PostPosted: Sat Jun 12, 2004 1:47 pm    Post subject: ?

If you miss with assasinate does it do damage? Or is it just a miss? Does landing always mean death?

0 0 0
E-ant

PostPosted: Sat Jun 12, 2004 2:24 pm    Post subject:

It does damage when it doesnt kill.

0 0 0
pip

PostPosted: Sat Jun 12, 2004 8:27 pm    Post subject:

Don't be a jackass, no ninja is gonna stay in the fight when dirted to caltrap/nerve. Because obviously, in blind fighting, the thief beats the hell out of a ninja, but ah who cares, Davairus knows everything right? I wanna see him make a ninja, and I'll play the thief, I'll show you who tha bitch.

0 0 0
Clifton

PostPosted: Sat Jun 12, 2004 9:47 pm    Post subject:

Dude... "Because obviously, in blind fighting, the thief beats the hell out of a ninja"... since when do theives get blind fighting? And umm... Davairus does know everything cuz he is IMP....

0 0 0
Accident-Prone

PostPosted: Sat Jun 12, 2004 9:48 pm    Post subject:

Did you really just challenge Dav. to a ninja vs. thief dual. Hahahahaha. Ah man that is hilarious. You will get owned. Just for your information. Hahahahaha Laughing Laughing Laughing

0 0 0
Brains

PostPosted: Sat Jun 12, 2004 10:01 pm    Post subject:

pip: Please stop showing everyone what a total goob you are. I hope to hell the chances of an Assassination are worse than 1:10, because that's still way too freaking high. After all, what skill is there in stabbing some sleeping sap in the neck? That's right... none. Nothing but gambling.
Ninjas should rock thieves. Note the skills Dav listed. NEITHER class has blind fighting, so you're just talking out your ass when it comes to fighting blind.

There are a few ways to play a ninja. One is the modified version of the ol' goblin sword assassin, which no one likes. Another is the way I am positive they were meant to be played: a hit-and-run annoying bastard that just nibbles an opponent to death while remaining relatively safe. Try taking down some L35 dark knights at L32 without using a single rare (or vuln exploit) as a thief. Good luck. Ninjas can do this rather easily, if played with some skill. Equipment needed is usually just saves and enough hitroll to get through the other guy's defenses. Even if you get totally owned, the chances of you dying are slim if you manage your mana wisely.
I'd been fighting Adebaldi's ill with my sub-50 ninja and no matter how badly I got spanked, he never managed a kill, IIRC. Vanish is the ultimate cheese.

This is coming from someone who wanted Dav's head on a plate after the change. I love ninjas. Now if only they would fix hide/sneak...

0 0 0
E-ant

PostPosted: Sat Jun 12, 2004 10:30 pm    Post subject:

Its just annoying to train everything, which you have to do, and seeing your ass get whooped by anyone decent until you can hit the perfect moment, which usually takes a hour or more.

On the sidenote, ninjas should be able to nerve pressure when the cheney is sleeping.

Edit:
And unless the thief is rared out bad and has ranks on the ninja, ninja owns thief.

0 0 0
Tuco

PostPosted: Sat Jun 19, 2004 4:12 pm    Post subject: Goblin Sword

I keep reading about ninja's bieng goblin sword assassins, I don't understand I have seen goblin swords er don't they suck? Confused

0 0 0
theobserver

PostPosted: Sat Jun 19, 2004 4:37 pm    Post subject:

The phrase 'goblin sword assassins' refers to trash ninjas who armed with only a goblins sword and a war banner would try pk people through with assassinate. They just use a goblin sword because its easy to get!

0 0 0
divsky
Emissary

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2004 3:32 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
thiefs have every weapon, except staff

Funny, last time I checked the were also missing flail, whip, polearm and axe.

0 0 0
b00mslang

PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2004 3:02 am    Post subject:

ninja beats a thief? I wonder how they would recover from losing 2/3 or more of their health to a double backstab.

Or, on the other hand, thief blackjacks, pries weapons, pries sack...your extra defenses/offenses won't save you if you have no purples or weapons.

0 0 0
aidan

PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2004 6:18 am    Post subject:

Here's how: vanish, c inv, acu, c cure, strang thief, blind, poison, ass thief

A good ninja will almost ALWAYS initiate combat. Even more so than a thief. And once they're dirted/blinded, caltrapped, and nerved, the thief doesn't stand a chance considering a thief's best defense (hide) is negated when facing a ninja. Remember, ninjas can flee and heal, whereas thieves have to go hide and sleep to recover.

0 0 0
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> The Battlefield All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: