Forum Links 

Click to return to main page
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile  Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 
 Current Top Rated Killers 
 Next Event   Voting Links 

The event "Bad Blood - Gulgru vs Afales" is beginning in 5 days, 3 hours.

Twitter?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> Ideas and Suggestions
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Twitter?
Yes!
45%
 45%  [ 9 ]
No...
55%
 55%  [ 11 ]
Total Votes : 20

Vevier
Immortal

PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2011 10:27 pm    Post subject: Twitter?

Just wondering how many people would be interested in following an immortal run twitter account? Updates sent out could include Surge start times, the start of events, the posting of PK stats, etc. If people would be interested, feel free to suggest what to update here.

0 0 0
Resatimm
Takes the Cake

PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2011 11:22 pm    Post subject:

Only if we post my frequent bowel movements.

0 0 0
Tepesh

PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2011 12:19 am    Post subject:

I vote no

0 0 0
Kaniyre

PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2011 8:31 am    Post subject:

I would follow if it is a public profile.

0 0 0
Niusan
Immortal

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2011 9:07 pm    Post subject:

I voted a big no. People do not need to know what I am doing every minute of every day. If I am pooping, I call/TxT people... That is the extent of that!

0 0 0
Vevier
Immortal

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2011 10:19 pm    Post subject:

Well, when you follow someone, it doesn't mean they're following you. It'd be a notification system for whoever uses it to know when Res's random surge happens or when Olyn or I put a new quest into existence or something. People can see who else is following I think? (I personally only use it to follow a single band)

But since the response is overwhelmingly no, I suppose it won't happen.

0 0 0
Tiqa

PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2011 11:15 am    Post subject:

I don't follow any twitters, but lately I seem to miss when the surges happen and I probably would follow an AR twitter.

0 0 0
Niusan
Immortal

PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2011 2:09 pm    Post subject:

~~BUMP~~

Actually, on second thought... This wouldn't be a terrible idea. Think about it. Sometimes Res throws down the gauntlet of a long surge that many of us would like to get in on. Now if the community had been following 'twitter', everyone would know and frollic in the realm with sub 50 level characters.

0 0 0
Dogran
Immortal

PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2011 6:00 pm    Post subject:

I would follow it

0 0 0
Erlwith

PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2011 6:15 pm    Post subject:

Twitter is a powerful marketing tool. I don't see with the relative ease of creating one, why AR wouldn't have one if there's actually something to put on it. New surges, quests, etc. behind the scenes would be great as Vevier mentioned.

0 0 0
Vevier
Immortal

PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2011 11:27 pm    Post subject:

I will get on this then!

Stay Tuned!

0 0 0
Vevier
Immortal

PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2011 11:48 pm    Post subject:

Twitter page is up! The name is AbandonedRealms.

0 0 0
Davairus
Implementor

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2011 6:52 am    Post subject:

events on twitter..fun. we should put rage deletes on it also.

0 0 0
Tiqa

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2011 8:04 am    Post subject:

I still think twitter might be a good way to find new blood and also be informative to everyone currently here. And, I need some new less experienced people so I might find someone that I can kill Smile

Here are some example ideas for tweets. I haven't checked if they are under 140 characters. Are you using TweetDeck Vivier - it will shorten the links. Also, I didn't see a button/link on the main page of the website or on Invocation to let people know they can follow AR on twitter. Anyway, these are just some quick examples I thought up.

Join us at the #Abandoned Realms…you will never be the same
http://abandonedrealms.wolfpaw.net/ARIntro.swf

Interesting article on KaVir, the developer of God Wars II #mud in #GamingHud, a site for gamers by #gamers
http://gaminghud.com/articles/meet-the-devs-kavir-of-god-wars-ii

Abandoned Realms now offers custom titles! Follow the controversial conversation at
http://abandonedrealms.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=6957&start=0

Capture the thrills and chills of Ygin`s defeat from the point of view of Oreno, and participate in the analysis of the fighting strategies that caused her death.
http://ar.invokation.net/logs/view.php?id=4695

Sliths on Abandoned Realms can shed their skin to create a decoy allowing them to escape. Read more about slith abilities
http://abandonedrealms.com/realms/races/slith.php

Twittering needs to be ongoing and it can be very time consuming. Maybe we could all share in giving Vivier ideas to tweet??

0 0 0
Esivole
Immortal

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2011 11:56 am    Post subject:

Tiqa wrote:

Capture the thrills and chills of Ygin`s defeat from the point of view of Oreno, and participate in the analysis of the fighting strategies that caused her death.

This made me chuckle, thank you.

0 0 0
Vevier
Immortal

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2011 4:01 pm    Post subject:

Yeah, part of the problem is that I don't tweet a lot, so I'm not sure how to do it XD.

0 0 0
Tiqa

PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2011 8:38 pm    Post subject:

I am fairly new to it too. We recently started twittering at work and until I was using it I didn't really get how useful it is.

The first thing to do, if you haven't already done so, is sign up for TweetDeck (you can still use it even if you don`t want to go to the effort of registering the account) or HootSuite. I use TweetDeck because that was the first one that was shown to me, but I think on Hootsuite you can aet your tweets to be posted on certain days and times. These browers can do lots of wonderful things, like linking your tweets to your facebook, etc., but I just use it to shorten the URLs since your tweets are limited to 140 characters. If you keep TweetDeck open on your laptop, then each time there is a new tweet of someone you follow, it will pop up briefly in the right corner of your screen. Twitter has an app for your iphone which is really useful if there is an emergency or something major going on in your city, or if you are stuck someplace with nothing to do.

Try to tweet at least once a week or once every two weeks so AR is kept top-of-mind to its followers. The tweets should be educational or interesting and provide some value, rather than having 100% of the tweets just advertising AR. So things like interesting tidbits from helpfiles, AR history, links to articles on roleplaying, pking tips, when monthly pk stats are posted, etc). Tweets that use a hashtag infront of a word in the tweet (#pk, #roleplaying, #AbandonedRealms) show up better on twitter searches of that word. But don't overdo the hashtags or use them out of place where they don't belong in the sentence because it is just poor etiquite and shows people you just care about yourself and are using twitter mainly to blatently advertise.

You need to follow more people. (1) to keep up with an news in the gaming industry or roleplaying (2) to re-tweet any interesting news to your followers and most importantly (3) to try to attract the followers of the people you follow to follow you. People will often look at the list of followers of someone they follow to see if there is anyone of interest. So it might be good to follow graphical pk games like WOW or Call of Duty, or text competitors. The muds I found that twitter are: alteraeon, carrionfields, ironrealms, realmsofdespair, thresholdrpg and tharel_AU (adventures unlimited), or other games like FantasyFootball. Other twitters I thought might be good to follow are MUD.news, RPGBN (RPG Bloggers Network), GamingHUD and RaphKoster (developer Ultima online). Or roleplaysupport might be good to follow - looks like it is for a group of people who roleplay using twitter, so they might like text games.

- Where possible, don't always use the maximum 140 characters, because it leaves no room for anyone to retweet your tweet and/or make comment on your tweet.
- alway give credit if you retweet (RT @originaltweeter <original tweet>)
- #FF or #followfriday @tweetername - done on Fridays to recognize someone you follow as a great source. #ff looses a bit of punch if you just spit out all the names you know. It is better to just #ff one tweeter at a time or a group of a few tweeters with things in common each time.
- you might want to set up a few google alerts, such as roleplaying, playerkilling, rpg, mud text games to receive some interesting articles to tweet.
- you can delete your tweets after they are posted by pressing the delete link on the original tweet
- TweetPic is for photos

0 0 0
Faelon
Emissary

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2011 3:57 am    Post subject:

Followed. I like the idea of knowing when the surges are, considering I don't have a ton of time to be on.

0 0 0
Ergorion

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2011 4:04 am    Post subject:

Faelon wrote:
Followed. I like the idea of knowing when the surges are, considering I don't have a ton of time to be on.

You don't have the surge times memorized for your time zone yet?

0 0 0
Viggs

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2011 6:10 am    Post subject:

we do have a facebook page ya know

0 0 0
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> Ideas and Suggestions All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: