Forum Links 

Click to return to main page
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile  Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 
 Current Top Rated Killers 
 Next Event   Voting Links 

The event "Bad Blood - Gulgru vs Afales" is beginning in 5 days, 9 hours.

I'm pretty new here but just a thought...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> Ideas and Suggestions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Morbious

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2011 7:06 pm    Post subject: I'm pretty new here but just a thought...

Try not to torch me too much, but I was here years ago, and being back now, I've noticed that at times it can be pretty easy to rank; especially with a group during a surge. As we know solo leveling later is pretty painful and slow. The guild rewards are sweet but are only effective with a group. One of my characters has had theirs for a while now simply because he has had bad luck with logging on with groupable players. I appreciate the long surges, those help a lot to catch up on some ranks.

But, what if you could use the guild reward in two different ways. You had a choice to use it as a bonus xp, especially in groups; like it is right now. Or, use it to spawn some sort of charmy that can tank or do damage depending on what class you have. I imagine you would get the 2 group + pet bonus, or w/e the IMMs think are justified. This would allow people on occasion to get a few ranks when players sometimes look few and far between. Oh and don't allow the charmy to attack players of course, that would be just unrealistic. Hey, just throwing it out there. I dont think people should pinnacle in a matter of days, but for instance I live in Hawaii and the time zone difference here can sometimes make it unfeasible to find a group... Well my 2 pennies

0 0 0
Ozaru

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2011 8:18 pm    Post subject:

As a long time addict your only hope of getting to 50 is to play the surges. Unfortunately that is really the only time when people play so that is your best opportunity. But if you are one of the few who log in during off hours and find no one is around you can always use that time to gather gold and train your skills and hope that some other poor soul will log in.

0 0 0
Ozaru

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2011 8:20 pm    Post subject:

Keep in mind any suggestions that would require a game change has a very small chance of coming to fruition. It takes a while to code and test even if IMMS take it seriously. FYI

0 0 0
Morbious

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2011 8:30 pm    Post subject:

Oh I understand, just a thought is all. With an apparent diminished pbase I figured solo ranking could be more feasible. That is all.

0 0 0
Esivole
Immortal

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2011 9:41 pm    Post subject:

I was on in an "off" time and saw about fifteen charcters spanning All different alignments and ranks log on over an hour or two. The issue was that no one stayed on for more than 5 minutes. Perhaps addressing this issue would be more beneficial.

0 0 0
Tiqa

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2011 3:06 am    Post subject:

Aloha Morbious,

I`m leaving tomorrow for Oahu. Very Happy Just a short 2-week vacation, but maybe we can do some ranking!

0 0 0
Stiehl26

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2011 1:08 pm    Post subject:

deadzero wrote:
I was on in an "off" time and saw about fifteen charcters spanning All different alignments and ranks log on over an hour or two. The issue was that no one stayed on for more than 5 minutes. Perhaps addressing this issue would be more beneficial.

Most likely it was the same 2 or 3 people cycling through characters. With the 2 day long surge I did see 3-5 people in the realm when I was in it, rather then the typical 0-2. Was great to get some ranking in. Thanks to whomever initiated that surge by the way.

0 0 0
Vevier
Immortal

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2011 7:51 pm    Post subject:

deadzero wrote:

This is something that we've tried to address, but no one seems to be taking advantage of the work mostly Dav has put in. There are plenty of places to train, or you can do tasks to get gold, or you can do quests and get yourself prepared to get a quest reward. Go fishing, or just plain old exploring. So you're not in range of someone? Are they sitting in Seringale twiddling their thumbs? Buy a canteen, fill it with absinthe, sneak it to them and start roleplaying. Buy some dice and roll them (mundo). Its a world, and its name is ABANDONED realms. So what if that name is true sometimes? Imagine the world is like it is, a world empty of the heros that once walked it and roleplay that out. I have faith in all of you!

Most of you...

Enough of you...

0 0 0
Eloret
Immortal

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2011 8:35 pm    Post subject:

Turning a blind eye to the problems will not make them go away Vevier...

None the less, AR is dieing. Recent changes encourage current players but push away noobs due to complexity or misunderstanding. AR was much easier to play before combat style advantages and such. Complexity while making for more fun once understood makes it more difficult to encourage new players. Not a complaint just a view on things from my eyes. I know the days of 30 - 50 people on at once are in the past and will never come to light again but to get 10-20 people at once is possible. The days of 30 - 50 players were as follows murder, "I'm outdamaging" bash bash bash bash etc. At the same time it allowed for PK and interaction where as currently we have a very low p-base and less PK and interaction because of it. Simplify and expand. Just my 2-cents and I will play as long as my life allows me I am sure since I am an addict.

Hi my name is Corzen and I am an addict...

0 0 0
Ozaru

PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2011 5:14 am    Post subject:

As a recent quitter of AR but long time player and friend of Louis who some of you may know. he still plays from time to time, but told me he doesn't like the changes because he is so used to the previous way things were. I adapted to the changes and really don't mind them although I have found some discrepancies in the real world attempt vs what actually happens in game. I am sure I am not alone in this sentiment that if we had things back to the way it was for a few months and compare the pbase for that trial run to what we have been experiencing and then maybe deciding the fate of the game to revert to its current status or stay with the old mod would be quite interesting....

0 0 0
Groq
Immortal

PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2011 8:40 am    Post subject:

I think i'm missed I should start playing again.

0 0 0
Tepesh

PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2011 5:36 pm    Post subject:

Yes Groq we all miss you come back to palmdale....I mean AR.

0 0 0
Vevier
Immortal

PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2011 6:35 pm    Post subject:

I'm not turning a blind eye to problems. I was telling you some of the things you can do when you get on and no one else is there. If everyone logged on their characters for an hour, even if no one else was there I bet you'd find more people logging in and they'd see you on and play with you.

Another bonus to this is even if they don't stay on, they might see you on when they log in the next time and recognize your name. I know I always get curious about someone when I see them playing more often than I am.

0 0 0
Arishel

PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2011 6:39 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
As a recent quitter of AR but long time player and friend of Louis who some of you may know. he still plays from time to time, but told me he doesn't like the changes because he is so used to the previous way things were. I adapted to the changes and really don't mind them although I have found some discrepancies in the real world attempt vs what actually happens in game. I am sure I am not alone in this sentiment that if we had things back to the way it was for a few months and compare the pbase for that trial run to what we have been experiencing and then maybe deciding the fate of the game to revert to its current status or stay with the old mod would be quite interesting....

This is funny to me for a number of reasons.

1. You're a recent quitter? Friend of Louis? We may know?
With all due respect, stop giving us your same song and dance. We already know YOU don't like the game mechanics. Just because Louis doesn't like them, we're supposed to suddenly overturn years of work for that?
2. If you truly adapted to the changes, then why did you become a recent quitter? Sounds to me like you're giving up on your own abilities.
3. The Immortals stepped in this direction for a reason with all the changes, and I absolutely commend them for it. The mud needed more balance. You honestly can't tell me that the mud was more balanced before all of these changes can you? I mean, coming from a long time addict like yourself you should know of just about how many skills/spells/bugs/areas were broken, right?

While I admire your devotion to your belief of this mud failing, some of us are actually trying to play the game and help those that can get past "game mechanics" getting the best of them.

0 0 0
Arishel

PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2011 6:48 pm    Post subject:

Morbious I like the idea you've presented, but if I may offer my twist on it? I'm feeding off of your idea for the moment.

Say that you had a reward and didn't have the power of a three party or even two party group. Is there a way we could choose the reward for what we wanted?

Ugula says, 'You have represented...blah blah.' Choose your reward wisely.' Experience? or Training?
After this you would be able to choose which path you'd want to take. Experience for ranking, and training for learning skills/spells. Like the thad trainer reward, but a longer duration.

I know that guild rewards give you a boost in learning as it is. This is just a feed-off from Morbious' idea. Thanks, Morbious.

0 0 0
Davairus
Implementor

PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2011 11:47 pm    Post subject:

For people who log in for 5 min only,
i) try actually inviting them to groups
ii) try an IC sort of effort
.....because they're probably the same people from the forum who will have a hissy fit if you dont.

0 0 0
Davairus
Implementor

PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2011 11:50 pm    Post subject:

Also what changes are you talking about now? The only one I can see realy mattering anymore is the flee collapse, because turns a bad matchup into a complete shitshow of lag. Everything else was addressed.

0 0 0
Ozaru

PostPosted: Sat Jan 29, 2011 12:06 am    Post subject:

To Arishel I don't mind the combat mechanics, I have played a bunch of characters and did fairly well with them. I only complained in one scenario that could have just been a complete fluke and excellent luck for the other player. I stopped playing because i was putting in way too much time in this game and not really getting anything out of it.

We all come to a point where its just not fun for us and I have reached that point. The game does not interest me as much any more and there are other things I would rather be doing. In all my rants and posts I never complained about the combat system, except for ONE fight that I really don't agree with but so be it. Not going to go into how two weapons are better than one LOL.

I always wanted to see more diversity in the mud to bring back players when i am saying that we should scrub all the changes and put the mud back to the way it was is just a science experiment. If people like playing monks and druids and with or without combat changes so be it. If not then what harm was done. it is only a suggestion may not be the best one, but that is my idea on how to improve the realms while I played.

Now that I don't play anymore I don't really care what happens good luck to the imm staff and players, I hope you continue to enjoy your time here as I did.

0 0 0
Voltron

PostPosted: Sat Jan 29, 2011 6:22 am    Post subject:

While I don't necessarily disagree with that idea Ozaru, there are a few possible flaws.

The results of this "experiment" would probably be skewed. Because regardless of what the pbase actually desires on a long term basis, I highly believe that if all the old was reinstated for a week or so, the numbers of people playing would sky rocket. Just because it's different, something spicy and new. Not because it's what everyone wants to stay forever.
If that makes sense.

0 0 0
Resatimm
Takes the Cake

PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2011 8:42 am    Post subject:

Tell louis his Paladins were terrible.

0 0 0
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> Ideas and Suggestions All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: