Forum Links 

Click to return to main page
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile  Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 
 Current Top Rated Killers 
 Next Event   Voting Links 

The event "Bad Blood - Gulgru vs Afales" is beginning in 6 days, 11 hours.

Gearing up.

View previous topic :: View next topic  
MaddTrucker

PostPosted: Sun Feb 20, 2011 10:13 pm    Post subject: Gearing up.

I was fortunate enough in both my teen ranks and low twenties to have someone drag me around and overhaul my equipment. Improving my stats significantly. But obviously you can't rely on that. Is there an efficient way to gearing up? Other then exploring blindly and possibly getting killed by mobs many times over. Or sifting through ids on invokation.net (which is pretty tedious). Thanks.

0 0 0
Esivole
Immortal

PostPosted: Sun Feb 20, 2011 11:10 pm    Post subject:

I think randomly exploring and sifting through ids is the best way to learn and remember things personally. Though for low ranks it will basically be black-tear for evils and mithril for good/neutrals. (or at least thats what i do.) As for weapons, There are almost always weapons just laying around in emerald, and the bars from the tower of sorcery that can be forged aren't a terrible choice either. in the long run, Thanks to the implement of appraise at shops, exploring is a great bet, just bring recalls.

0 0 0
Ceridwel
Immortal

PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2011 2:19 am    Post subject: Re: Gearing up.

MaddTrucker wrote:
I was fortunate enough in both my teen ranks and low twenties to have someone drag me around and overhaul my equipment. Improving my stats significantly. But obviously you can't rely on that. Is there an efficient way to gearing up? Other then exploring blindly and possibly getting killed by mobs many times over. Or sifting through ids on invokation.net (which is pretty tedious). Thanks.

Without giving away who your character is, can you tell us if he's Good or Evil? That will help us help you.

0 0 0
Morbious

PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2011 8:33 am    Post subject:

You could ask someone from the Yultra family they help out frequently, usually for some coin, but if your low enough I've seen them give out some freebies

0 0 0
Tepesh

PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2011 8:35 am    Post subject:

First off when your a low lvl most people will run you along but just learn what they are getting you where its at all that, explore and look at other people that you group with and ask them where they got their items. Gearing up is one of the worst things to do when you don't know. Ask people for an idea of what to get when your lvl (insert lvl here) and so forth.

Hope that helps man and good luck.

0 0 0
MaddTrucker

PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2011 3:11 am    Post subject: Re: Gearing up.

iolo wrote:
MaddTrucker wrote:

Without giving away who your character is, can you tell us if he's Good or Evil? That will help us help you.

Evil Neutral

0 0 0
Tepesh

PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2011 3:12 am    Post subject:

Black tear is the most common, black plate neckguards, red dragon, dark oak, and thats all i can think of off the top of my head.

0 0 0
Ceridwel
Immortal

PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2011 4:32 am    Post subject:

I'd agree with Tepesh that's what is the most common for low to mid level Evils. And don't write off the ID database on Invokation....that's like trying to ace your finals without studying.

Also, I'm a big fan of the Champion's Glory set for low levels. It'll do you fine until about 25 or 30 in my opinion. Speaking of sets, Fiery Fangs will do you nicely as an evil, too. Look for a forum post titled "Remember the Rules"... it has all but two sets fully documented.

0 0 0
MaddTrucker

PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2011 6:31 am    Post subject:

Well, you all have been very helpful. I'll just have to spend some more time perusing the ids as well as the forum post you directed me to. And I'm on my way into my forties.

I'm actually trying to keep my dam and hit rather even, but I don't know if that's possible. They're pretty even now, but I don't know if I should favor one or the other.

0 0 0
Tepesh

PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2011 6:58 am    Post subject:

well it all depends on what class/race your fighting for example you are gonna wanna high hitroll for thieves and such so you can land hits on them and alot more damage for mage classes so you can take them out as fast as you can cause hellstream is a bitch >.<

0 0 0
MaddTrucker

PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2011 7:05 am    Post subject:

Tepesh wrote:
well it all depends on what class/race your fighting for example you are gonna wanna high hitroll for thieves and such so you can land hits on them and alot more damage for mage classes so you can take them out as fast as you can cause hellstream is a bitch >.<

Well, that settles it. I was thinking I should focus on hit roll because of my class and you just settle it. Thanks.

0 0 0
Tepesh

PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2011 7:09 am    Post subject:

...? oook well good luck i guess

0 0 0
Rezakhan

PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2011 1:13 pm    Post subject:

I think Tepesh meant you will want a high hitroll if you are fighting thieves. If you are a thief you would want more damage, for skills like backstab, sidestep, etc.

0 0 0
Tepesh

PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2011 5:26 pm    Post subject:

yeah Rezak that is what I meant.

0 0 0
MaddTrucker

PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2011 3:48 am    Post subject:

Oh. Lol. My bad. Misunderstood. So, it seems like it would be best to balance your hit/dam as much as possible. That way you can at least be average against either a thief or mage class. Cause I don't think its feasible for me to carry 2 sets of equipment around with me depending on what type of class im facing. An I understanding this right?

0 0 0
Voltron

PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2011 5:09 am    Post subject:

Yeah, with saves gear and your normal gear it would be crazy to carry around even more to switch out. What I try to do is get good saves gear that replaces my normal gear in a way that I end up with max dam without taking too big a hit to my stats(str, dex, etc.) That way when you switch to mage gear you're solid.

Basically it depends on what class and race you are. And your fighting style. In my opinion if you're a halfling warrior with uber dex then you have some pretty wicked hitroll. I like to take advantage of that and amp up my hitroll even more. Making you a lightweight that never misses, and never gets hit. Of course you can't sacrifice dam all the way, or it won't matter how many times you hit. Grazes don't add up.
If you're a necro, you don't give a shiz about hitroll or dex. You just wear as much dark oak as you can get your hands on and end up with -4 dex but 40 damroll.
Just figure out how you personally like to fight and what suits you best.

Does any of that make any sense?

0 0 0
MaddTrucker

PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2011 6:17 am    Post subject:

Ya, that make sense. I just gonna have to do some more research and figure out what my beast gearing options are. I'm gonna hit 40 soon and this is the highest level character I've ever had. And I know this is where the pk "fun" starts to happen.

0 0 0
Arishel

PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2011 2:01 pm    Post subject:

and knowing is half the battle. "go joe"!

0 0 0
Dogran
Immortal

PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2011 7:01 pm    Post subject:

I wrote a guide a while back to newbie equipment and included some sets in there. One of these days when Vev has time it will be published in game and it will be available for mystics and heralds to hand out. That should help quite a bit.

0 0 0
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> Newbie Q/A All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: