Forum Links 

Click to return to main page
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile  Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 
 Current Top Rated Killers 
 Next Event   Voting Links 

The event "Bad Blood - Gulgru vs Afales" is beginning in 5 days, 6 hours.

Racial Stats

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> The Battlefield
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Voltron

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2011 5:04 pm    Post subject: Racial Stats

I was looking through the home page and figured I'd tally up all the stats for each race. Now I've always been aware that some races have lower total stats then other races, but honestly I was kind of surprised by what I discovered.
Now these numbers are the total of all max stats added up.

Human - 101
Gnome - 105
Half-elf - 102
Illithid - 104
Werebeast - 100(now the gain 3-4 when transformed)
Dwarf - 102
Duergar - 100
Avian - 100
Halfling - 99
Slith - 98
Fire - 94
Storm - 95
Stone - 94
Minotaur - 98
Elf - 102
Drow - 100

It seems to me like the differences in total stats is kind of huge. I mean they can't all be the same or it wouldn't be balanced, because some races have benefits of size, like giants and minotaurs. And some races have uber vulns. But it seems to me like the races with the biggest vulns have the lowest overall stats. Why is this? Especially considering minotaurs have a bonus to size just like giants, they also resist bash just like giants, and also have no vuln, totally not like giants, but they have 4 more stats? Wow.

Avian is another with a big vuln. But they can fly. So I guess that makes it fair? I was surprised with how low halflings is honestly, but they don't have a vuln or anything I guess. Neither does slith and they have some nice racial traits. So that makes sense. But half-elves have some really sweet racial traits like super mastery and every possible class with legacies, and no vuln, and one of the highest overall stats.

I was just surprised by what I found and figured I'd bring it to everyone's attention so we can all hear everyone's educated and non-flaming opinions.

0 0 0
Arishel

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2011 5:26 pm    Post subject:

Fire giants racial stats = 94.
Minotaurs racial stats = 98.

Reason for this is that fire giants have a variety of classes that they can be. Shaman, Warrior, and Berserker (with a racial legacy). Also fire giants have the weakness, and get bodyslam + enhanced damage mastered.

Minotaurs have to be berserkers (no racial legacy). Also can wield two axes, and charge people into the air.

I honestly don't see a problem here, but could just be my opinion.

0 0 0
Stephen2_Aust

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2011 12:10 am    Post subject:

Personally, I think it's a good indication that certain stats are more desirable than others:

STR is king
CON/DEX is 2nd
INT is 3rd
WIS is last

That's my take..

0 0 0
Olyn
Immortal

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2011 12:29 am    Post subject:

Fire giants can be warriors and shamans, minotaurs can't.
Fire zerkers have two VERY nice racial legacies.

0 0 0
Fireballer

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2011 2:20 am    Post subject:

Run those stat numbers on defenses as well, and see what you come up with.

str/int is parry, with int providing 1/2 its number in the total, while str provides 1/1 its number in the total.

same with con/wis, with wis being the 1/2.

you'll find that giants actually come out being pretty good with defenses, while not the clear best, while some races suck at defenses.

high strength also overcomes parry, so that number of defense that giants have, that looks merely pretty good and not great, comes out ahead in actual combat against anyone else because they can totally crush the oppositions parry.

Those numbers do look high, but its good to remember that you're spreading out those deficiencies across 5 different stats. so its not really that bad.

What you should be looking at the is percentage of characters at all levels, and compare that to the amount of stat points and points of defense per skill defense that they get. You'll notice some of the higher stat point races are some of the least played at high ranks. some classes and some races dont even have pinnacle characters at all, even thiough we know that everyone has 3+ characters they use. Its mostly because the time/payoff ratio is too high/low. what you see most of in the game is low/high combos. Where payoff is high is comparative to how effective the character is at pinnacle vs others, compared to the ease of getting it vs other characters.

0 0 0
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> The Battlefield All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: