Forum Links 

Click to return to main page
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile  Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 
 Current Top Rated Killers 
 Next Event   Voting Links 

The event "Bad Blood - Gulgru vs Afales" is beginning in 5 days, 6 hours.

Pussy Thieves
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> The Battlefield
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Seryie

PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2004 10:59 am    Post subject: Pussy Thieves

ok, well i'm sick to death of pussy halfing thieves who blackjack steal and pry, then run off and hide again.. theres no way a warlord can kill them unless theyre stupid enough to let it happen... In simple im sick of losing rare after rare, sack after sack, recollecting all those little pieces of tantalum and malendictve... either something get's done or I find something else to spend my time on.. i can't warrant losing that ammount of rares or getting the same mal and mental saves, 3 times a day. I don't mind when thieves stick around and kill me, that phases me alot less than pussy thieves which are unstopable.

Last edited by Seryie on Tue Jul 20, 2004 1:42 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

0 0 0
Taleroth
Immortal

PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2004 12:09 pm    Post subject:

Well, let's just say that is part and parcel of a warlord's life. If a warlord is put in good hands, damn it, you get killed faster than you think of. Anyway it takes a thief luck and chances to blackjack a warlord and pry, steal his/her items. Just my opinions, when a thief fails his blackjack... 'Hello! I am awake now.. Haha... Die!!!!!'

0 0 0
Victim

PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2004 12:21 pm    Post subject:

Hmm... There isn't much you can do other than going somewhere that they can't hide and beat em down if they show up. Hell take a stance and kill them all on sight.

0 0 0
Seryie

PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2004 12:38 pm    Post subject:

they attack the cabal, they just hide until you move.. you wait.. they wait...
you see them anywhere in the area they just hide, it's not just warlords it's warriors in general against them.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

0 0 0
Davairus
Implementor

PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2004 1:22 pm    Post subject:

Warriors lack of detects is an intended weakness. Try tanking rangers with an invoker.

0 0 0
Seryie

PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2004 2:24 pm    Post subject:

Least that could happen is make certain cabals no hide, if you think about it why would the warlords leave the halls dark enough for thieves to hide in, since thieves are theyre biggest weakness?

0 0 0
Davairus
Implementor

PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2004 2:37 pm    Post subject:

Missed blackjack lag is LONG. You have time to input TWO combat skills before they can even flee. That's enough time for a decent warrior to beat most the crap out of a thief, a Warlord pulling forms could probably kill them:

dirt/bash
disarm/bash
NOT bash bash

0 0 0
pip

PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2004 3:23 pm    Post subject:

When did a missed blackjack lag for 4 rounds?

0 0 0
Davairus
Implementor

PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2004 4:08 pm    Post subject:

I said 2 commands not 3.

0 0 0
xanthas

PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2004 4:14 pm    Post subject:

poor Seryie, you had the last laugh though. it just takes patience and some tenacity.

0 0 0
Seryie

PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2004 5:18 pm    Post subject:

well, i got lucky cos one of theives who was giving me shit nodded to his friend when I walked in, inveitably bashed to death, then got killed. all in all fun stuff but im deleted now, had fun.

0 0 0
GodOfWar

PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2004 7:41 pm    Post subject:

Every race/class combo has specific vulnerabilities against another race/class combo. If you couldn't handle the benefit/detriment package of being a warrior, you shouldn't have chosen one. Let alone a warlord. The whole purpose of balance in the game is to keep you from being an unbridled killing machine. Now that might be fun for you. But not so much for everyone else. Especially when everyone sees it and the whole mud becomes nothing but a bunch of warriors/zerkers running around bashing each other. (hey...interesting concept...SavageLands.MUD...we have a variety of different options available to you! Angry warrior! Sad warrior! Depressed warrior! Run around and bash all your friends!!)
Sounds like you should have picked a ninja...or at least something with faerie fog. Hey! Whaddya know...no more hidden thiefie problems.
You see, the great strength of a warlord/fighter class charachter is balanced out by their lack of detecting. Warriors are dumbass hack and slashers anyway. -Me Ug- You UgLy -Only Ug be UgLy- Me bash you good!
Sounds like maybe next time you should pick a ranger.

0 0 0
Hrash

PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2004 8:12 pm    Post subject:

I don't see how you can be complaining when you're a warlord. Two whips/two flails will lead to lashing of serpents which will SEVERELY screw over almost anyone who fights you. Add that to a bunch of bashes, the benefits of stance and cognizance...you have one hell of a mean mean m ean character.

0 0 0
Matthais

PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2004 9:55 pm    Post subject:

I cant believe you deleted over something stupid like that. There have been a lot of us with a lot better wares who have fallen for the same thing. thieves are about as easy to kill in the mud as a ninja. Bash and let your warlord abilities do the rest. You dont even need stance, whips or flails to do it. Of course, if your as decked out as nourrin is then this plan inevitably backfires.

0 0 0
Addreodyn

PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2004 10:56 pm    Post subject:

Seryie, don't ever play a paladin.

0 0 0
divsky
Emissary

PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2004 11:14 pm    Post subject:

The only people who get pissed off by thieves like that are people who care about their equipment too much. A warlord who didn't have a single rare could beat about any thief (except one Code plays) in a stright up fight.

0 0 0
Phostan
Immortal

PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2004 5:18 am    Post subject:

What really rags my ass about this post is complaining about halfling thieves just blackjacking and stealing. Considering I got bitched at on the arshit forums for being too aggressive when I just upped and killed some shitface. And to kill thieves I just sat in the jail and waited for one of the turds to fail blackjack and kept it closed, and unless they had a misty potion going, they usually were screwed. Though there is a slight bit more lag on closing a door then opening a door so I guess they might still get out. I like to think I was handy with a halfling thief. I made Aberdour so mad the one day he told me I was forbidden to ever make a thief or ninja. Which I was told to ignore by Lodur, but it was still funny.

0 0 0
GodOfWar

PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2004 6:30 pm    Post subject: DANGER!!! DANGER Will Robinson!!

Since everyone's been griping and complaining about thieves...

I thought I'd just let you know I'd recently made thief charachter. First one that I'm actually going to play seriously(made it before this post btw).
Just thought I'd warn u...MUAHAHAH! -InsertMemorableEvilCharachterHere- MWAHAHAHAHA!
Damn....I need a better hobby Shocked

0 0 0
Mendek

PostPosted: Sat Jul 17, 2004 1:20 pm    Post subject:

If your warlord is big enough to bash Laughing

0 0 0
b00mslang

PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2004 10:39 pm    Post subject:

yep, watch my halfling thief begin ranking and pissing everyone off too

Cool

0 0 0
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> The Battlefield All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: