Forum Links 

Click to return to main page
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile  Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 
 Current Top Rated Killers 
 Next Event   Voting Links 

The event "Bad Blood - Gulgru vs Afales" is beginning in 6 days, 5 hours.

ubergeared newbies... i mean, lowbies

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> Ideas and Suggestions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ergorion

PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2011 10:49 am    Post subject: ubergeared newbies... i mean, lowbies

So in the updates section there's this whole question of how do we deal with lowbies who spend hours and hours farming gold to get titanium tenor from the auction block. Here's my solution.

If the difference in level between equipment and wearer is greater than a certain number (let's just say 15 at the moment) then the item does not grant its full effects.

Thus, in order to effectively wear a full suit of pimped out winter gear, you have to be rank 35.

Let's take the Dagger of Yog-Sothoth for example, level 50. Average 28 dagger that increases accuracy and damage by 4.

In the hands of a level 15 boob who somehow got it from Rimath, since he is in violation of the 15 level requirement, you water down the effects by a factor of, let's just say for now, 3/4. So in the hands of this bumbling lowbie, the Dagger of Yog-Sothoth becomes a vicious weapon of average 21 +3/+3.

0 0 0
Davairus
Implementor

PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2011 1:08 pm    Post subject:

Weapons already do that.

0 0 0
Fireballer

PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2011 8:30 pm    Post subject:

its also counterproductive for any newbie to do that. you cant wtfpwn people at low ranks, and you're inviting a full loot gangbang. and then you will delete your 40 hour rank 20er because you farmed for days, probably losing a life or two in the process, to become marginally more powerful. its just a complete waste all the way around. I highly doubt people do this more than once when they realize how senseless it is.

then again, maybe thats why I have trouble with pking. not enough multi'd/ AH bought ubergear.

0 0 0
Davairus
Implementor

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2011 7:51 am    Post subject:

I've changed the AH so you can't buy rares above your level on it. Expect the usual complaining about this being unfair soon. (Again)

0 0 0
Esivole
Immortal

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2011 4:39 pm    Post subject:

what about rank 51+ items?

0 0 0
Davairus
Implementor

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2011 11:26 pm    Post subject:

I guess you don't trade them using the AH. Shrug.

0 0 0
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> Ideas and Suggestions All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: