Forum Links 

Click to return to main page
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile  Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 
 Current Top Rated Killers 
 Next Event   Voting Links 

The event "Bad Blood - Gulgru vs Afales" is beginning in 6 days, 2 hours.

Updated bard picture for the website

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> Ideas and Suggestions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
divsky
Emissary

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2011 7:37 pm    Post subject: Updated bard picture for the website

I've noticed that the bard picture for the website frankly, sucks. So I looked around and found something that I thought would fit well with the class, as well as the style of pictures that all the other classes and races get.

I think this fits pretty well and is a big improvement over what we currently have.

Admittedly this is from a Magic: The Gathering card (Druid Lyrist) but then again, the picture for the ninja is from a Magic: The Gathering card too (Ninja of the Deep Hours). And the Druid Lyrist is pretty obscure, while the Ninja of the Deep Hours is actually a fairly common card. Almost every blue deck in the pauper format uses them.

Anyways I'm pretty sure we're flying under the Wizards of the Coast's radar. Nobody is going to care.

0 0 0
divsky
Emissary

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2011 7:41 pm    Post subject:

Here's the current image:

Notice that the one I'm suggesting is basically the same picture, just, less sucky.

0 0 0
Voltron

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2011 8:49 pm    Post subject:

The ninja one actually fits in the least out of them all, besides the bard one. They all almost seem to come from the same place they're so similarly drawn. The bard you suggested is better I guess, but still seems slightly out of place. Anyone know where the rest came from? Maybe we can get a bard and ninja from there? The current ninja isn't bad. But it doesn't fit like the rest

0 0 0
Olyn
Immortal

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2011 10:37 pm    Post subject:

The current bard picture was drawn by an AR player.

0 0 0
Davairus
Implementor

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2011 10:59 pm    Post subject:

That's really cool. Can we get whoever did that to do a game map?

0 0 0
Voltron

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2011 11:13 pm    Post subject:

Olyn wrote:

When this was brought up that came to my mind, but i wasn't sure if it was the truth. Honestly I think it's an awesome picture. Very impressive. But it doesn't fit with the rest, if that makes sense? It's almost like a different genre I guess or whatever the right word is. Honestly i don't think the one suggested is much better. And having one someone drew is super cool. I'm alright with it staying. It's just the class page picture...

0 0 0
divsky
Emissary

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2011 1:41 pm    Post subject:

Okay, I did not realize that the current bard picture was made by an AR player, so sorry if I caused any bad feelings.

However, even with that being the case, I'm sure you'll all agree that THIS picture wins hands down, and absolutely MUST be our new bard picture for the website.

0 0 0
Fireballer

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2011 4:12 pm    Post subject:

Voltron wrote:
Olyn wrote:

When this was brought up that came to my mind, but i wasn't sure if it was the truth. Honestly I think it's an awesome picture. Very impressive. But it doesn't fit with the rest, if that makes sense? It's almost like a different genre I guess or whatever the right word is. Honestly i don't think the one suggested is much better. And having one someone drew is super cool. I'm alright with it staying. It's just the class page picture...

its a simplistic STYLE water color/pastel composition vs all the others which are more complex realism compositions. its essentially like looking at night and day. This is not to say whether its good or bad. It is what it is. But it doesn't fit.

0 0 0
Niusan
Immortal

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2011 2:44 am    Post subject:

HAHAHAHAH Divsk that is awesome! I am stealing that picture for the ol facebook. Hahahah

0 0 0
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> Ideas and Suggestions All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: