Forum Links 

Click to return to main page
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile  Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 
 Current Top Rated Killers 
 Next Event   Voting Links 

The event "Bad Blood - Gulgru vs Afales" is beginning in 5 days, 5 hours.

Question for fire giants vs invokers. afflictive save.

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Fireballer

PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2011 10:57 am    Post subject: Question for fire giants vs invokers. afflictive save.

Does aff save tone down aff damage a lot? Does it really help vs some spell like icicle vs a vuln like fire giant? should I always wear at least some aff save to mitigate the damage? If the invoker wears aff break will it bonus damage against the fire giant, or simply strips all aff save down to zero and no further?

will invoker always be wearing aff break, expecting the fire giant to wear saves?

0 0 0
Smotpoker

PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2011 1:30 pm    Post subject:

yes, yes, not sure, not always

0 0 0
Fireballer

PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2011 2:19 pm    Post subject:

Smotpoker wrote:
yes, yes, not sure, not always

thanks, +1 for brevity.

0 0 0
Pops

PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2011 9:19 pm    Post subject:

Aff saves are important not just for damage, but to prevent dispels, especially if you're caballed and using defenders. Fire zerkers seem to get pretty buff saves when raged, so they may be able to skimp a little more than warriors in that area. What you don't want to do is gimp your damage too much with saves. Better you take a little more damage and hit like a freight train. A lot of invokers will just use hellstream on fire giants even though they have icicle. Personally, I'd use icicle on warriors and hellstream on berserkers. Ice storm is notoriously unreliable also, so you probably wont see it too much. What you WILL get is ice shield. That sucks, not much you can do about it.

0 0 0
Fireballer

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2011 4:34 am    Post subject:

Pops wrote:
Aff saves are important not just for damage, but to prevent dispels, especially if you're caballed and using defenders. Fire zerkers seem to get pretty buff saves when raged, so they may be able to skimp a little more than warriors in that area. What you don't want to do is gimp your damage too much with saves. Better you take a little more damage and hit like a freight train. A lot of invokers will just use hellstream on fire giants even though they have icicle. Personally, I'd use icicle on warriors and hellstream on berserkers. Ice storm is notoriously unreliable also, so you probably wont see it too much. What you WILL get is ice shield. That sucks, not much you can do about it.

high avg ice weapon vs ice shield? thought that would give you increased damage? And then it would cost them mana to cancellation and recast a different shield.

0 0 0
Fireballer

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2011 11:12 pm    Post subject:

one further question: Do afflictive saves usually get added to you incidentally when finding a good gear set? I seem to remember it being that way with my last warrior/etc.

0 0 0
Pops

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2011 12:07 am    Post subject:

Fire giants can't use ice weapons, so no, that wont help. Always expect one when fighting an invoker. Set bonuses vary with the set.

0 0 0
Fireballer

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2011 12:30 am    Post subject:

derp moment. you are of course correct. wasnt talking about SETs speficially, just higher level gear also happens to have incidental bonuses to other stats sometimes, however slight. like +1 vs aff and such.

0 0 0
Erlwith

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2011 12:35 pm    Post subject:

I played all my invokers with trial and error. Generally, I didn't expect to win the first time, just set my opponent up. Wear some fire weapons so I can get an ice shield next round, figure out what saves be best, see if there's enough following him for chain lightning, maybe even set a trap, etc.

0 0 0
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> Newbie Q/A All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: