Forum Links 

Click to return to main page
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile  Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 
 Current Top Rated Killers 
 Next Event   Voting Links 

The event "Bad Blood - Gulgru vs Afales" is beginning in 5 days, 17 hours.

Web page
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> The Battlefield
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Burzuk
Implementor

PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2004 8:53 am    Post subject:

I'm not discouraging anyone from suggesting anything, by the way. I just want people to be realistic about the response from the staff: it's not that we're purposely ignoring some of them, but rather that our management model is a bit different from what people might have guessed for them to be. Giving players direct access our server--even if it's just to update the website--isn't going to happen anytime in the near future due to security concerns.

0 0 0
Louis

PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2004 8:56 am    Post subject:

i meant 3d as in rendered images using rendering software vs an imaging software, not some inline 3d viewer. i suppose Poser or any 2d imager could easily model a helpful Justice officer or traveling bard that greets you from his table in the inn.

i brought up the question of permissions knowing what the answer was going to be. i also brought it up because those are the facts and they need to be drawn out.

text images were a joke if you haven't gotten it by now. i still like the idea though. why not just post up the source code and have us imagine a website? heh

i doubt you're going to be using any xml for an AR website. lol... html/php are fine, mister techie. =)

site idea: an interactive map, maybe even a graphical depiction of a map of Thera with a few hot spots shown, with different areas opening up to more details. for example the battlezone opening up to the pk helpfile and player essays. drunken scribe = forum. darkhaven for evil aligned religion/rp info.. valour for the opposite..

0 0 0
Quiet Wanderer

PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2004 3:59 pm    Post subject:

Right, banner is coming along nicely and i'll start on the map thing soon. The rendering wouldbefairly easy, but depending on detail of the images and such it could possibly lag load times.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

0 0 0
Flying Hampster of Doom

PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2004 4:11 pm    Post subject:

What in the way of art are you looking for? I havent had a chance to experiment with visual art via the computer, but I have fare hand at art when it comes from paper and pencil. Give me a few weeks I can come up with a few things, but I need to know what exactly you are looking for.

0 0 0
Bones V2.0

PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2004 5:01 pm    Post subject:

Quiet Wanderer wrote:
Right, banner is coming along nicely and i'll start on the map thing soon. The rendering wouldbefairly easy, but depending on detail of the images and such it could possibly lag load times.

One thought:

No big pictures, lots of small pictures (to include sectioning of the banner)

This may assist people who still dial up to see some pictures rather quickly instead of waiting a long time to have everything "pop" up at once.

0 0 0
GodOfWar

PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2004 5:18 pm    Post subject:

Right, layered jpg's and small gif's would be good. And as for the artwork, anything pertaining to the realms. Warriors, wizards, stuff like that. But the main thing if we're to get a navigable image, would be a somewhat detailed image of Serginale, or as Louis was saying, Thera itself with Darkhaven, Seringale, Timaran, Valour, that could be clicked on and kind of zoomed into(not literally, you'd just be taken to the next page with a navigable image of the town iteslf, which would have certain clickable sections to further sub-navigate with). It's all up to what you think you yourself can come up with.
Perhaps we should start out small, like maybe your rendition of a mud school. That way we could use it as a pilot. You'd have an instructor to click on for the combat guide, a weapon rack for descriptions of the weapons, a table littered with scrolls for spell descriptions. Use the currently posted newbie guide as a reference for what kind of images to throw in because those visual representations will be our links. Try to keep certain areas from being too obscure, especially with this MUD school thing because we want it to be pretty self explanatory and easy for any newbie to find the info he/she's looking for.

Then again, we could always just go with the source code and use our imaginations... XD

0 0 0
GodOfWar

PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2004 7:17 pm    Post subject:

Louis wrote:
I can make you some cool ass images, especially if they are text-based.

"A picture of a cool ass paladin is placed here."

LMFAO damn I'm slow....I just now got that.
Then again. It prolly helps to read the whole post before replying. Stare Whee X-P

0 0 0
Louis

PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2004 5:27 am    Post subject:

by the way ssrthak, most computer game artwork begins with the pencil and pad. for website purposes, some sketches can be scanned, photoshopped up, and introduced very easily.

0 0 0
theobserver

PostPosted: Sun Jan 02, 2005 10:14 pm    Post subject:

Now that Dav is gone I am not expecting anything done about the webpage.
But I am curious what people think of this:

http://www.4lakesgames.com/temp/screenshot.jpg
(sorry about the poor image quality but I had to compress the hell out of it)

Personally, I am not convinced it is better than the existing page. There is something missing or not quiet right about it. Personally I blame the banner and menus but let me know what you think.

If you have firefox, you can view the actual web page here:
http://www.4lakesgames.com/temp/Main.htm

It is / was a work in progress so it doesnt display properly in other browsers.

0 0 0
Seryie

PostPosted: Sun Jan 02, 2005 10:39 pm    Post subject:

Actually observer that looks insanely kick ass. I like that alot, well done.

I'm using Opera I checked out the webpage and it looks fine, can't see anything wrong with it.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

0 0 0
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> The Battlefield All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: