Forum Links 

Click to return to main page
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile  Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 
 Current Top Rated Killers 
 Next Event   Voting Links 

The event "Bad Blood - Gulgru vs Afales" is beginning in 6 days, 9 hours.

Hardcore
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  

Best Hardcore class
Healer
38%
 38%  [ 12 ]
Shaman
22%
 22%  [ 7 ]
Illusionist
9%
 9%  [ 3 ]
Necro
6%
 6%  [ 2 ]
Druid
3%
 3%  [ 1 ]
Ranger
3%
 3%  [ 1 ]
Dark-Knight
3%
 3%  [ 1 ]
Thief
9%
 9%  [ 3 ]
Ninja
3%
 3%  [ 1 ]
Paladin
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 31

GodOfWar

PostPosted: Wed Jul 28, 2004 7:32 pm    Post subject: Hardcore

What do you think the best hardcore class would be?

Factors are most likely to get caballed, most likely to live to 50, most kills before death(bard excluded except in defense), and most likely to live to 50 while caballed.

Ah damn...forgot to put bard up there...that woulda been my choice.
FEAR THE GNOME!!! BECAUSE HIS CUTE AND FUZZY TERRIBLENESS WILL DEESTROY YOU!!

A few classes have been left out for what I feel are obvious reasons.

0 0 0
GodOfWar

PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2004 6:50 pm    Post subject:

Looks like we got a tie between healers and shamans with illusionists running a close second. Anyone care to elaborate why they chose what they did?

I personally chose shamans for the simple fact that after they get sanctuary, it becomes really hard to kill a good shaman. Healers are the same, but I chose shamans because they're a bit more versatile and will be able to kill just as well as stay alive. Healers are a bit hampered on the killing side, though they definately have hardcore survivability.
I agree with illusionists coming in 3rd because they can get out of trouble so easily with gate(maybe not as well now, but it's still a good spell to have). And once they get up in the up and ups, become really hard to kill as well unless caught unawares and unprepared. Then it's ***DEAD*** really fast.

And if your personal fav class isn't up here and you feel it should be, let us all know why you think they have what it takes to really be Hardcore.

0 0 0
Weirdo

PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2004 7:24 pm    Post subject:

Surely for sheer survivability it has to be ninjas. A ninja who doesn't want trouble dosn't get trouble, exept perhaps from thieves (who generally fear ninjas anyway). Also one of my faves for pking, but as for getting caballed, well, I wouldn't know about that.

0 0 0
GodOfWar

PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2004 9:06 pm    Post subject:

Ninjas are Definately a good candidate. Better than thieves since they don't have to rely on potions for invisibility and aren't as widely hated or targeted by others. Being an element of shadows they can pick and choose targets and remain fairly anonymous. Skilled ninjas on the other hand can deal lots of death and remain practically unkillable if they so choose(being all but unfindable).
But cuz of the whole sanc thing and massive healing abilities with wicked spells, shaman still gets my top vote.
When I was seriously playing back in the day, my highest char was my ninja at 48. Took me all the way from perpetual n00b to vet. Con got way too low and retired after constantly fighting Ritase and healing too slow cuz of my con. Probably lowest ranked ninja to ever own winter with a group(45ish).

0 0 0
Matthais

PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2004 10:37 pm    Post subject:

healers and shamans are best. easiest to rank because everyone likes a sancer if a warlord isnt ranking. Plus, people generally find them usefull, too annoying, or fear them, so they dont get attacked with high frequency. If they do, they are unlaggable if spells are maintained so they can flee.

My hardcore shaman cruised to 35 really quick. Boredom is their only real killer.

0 0 0
b00mslang

PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2004 11:57 pm    Post subject:

you fear Healers? Laughing

And yeah, i chose shamans too, cuz once to get used to playing them, you just won't die, unless your fighting a mage w/ warrior or mage w/ charmies that gets a lucky dispel. And yeah, if your gonna play shamans, go drow. Autosneak is SOOOO awesome, especially for looting people in arena duels.

0 0 0
E-ant

PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2004 6:45 am    Post subject:

Ninjas aren't as easy to get 50 hardcore as they sound or look like. Sure you can hide and invis but you still need to rank... Which mean you can get owned by your ranking group, owned by other ranking groups, owned by just some random douches. Now healers, shamen and illus are all important to the group so they don't get blastered, they're easy to make other groups satisfied with(cast haste/sanc/frenzy) and they're harder to kill then most people.

0 0 0
Mental Patient-101

PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2004 7:00 am    Post subject:

Druids get my vote, because they have healing spells, are unlaggable, and can deal massive amounts of damage quickly. The only ones they have trouble with are shamans. Blashphemy... Yuck!

0 0 0
Addreodyn

PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2004 4:00 pm    Post subject:

You're kidding...Blasphemy works on druids? That's stupid...they don't commune.

0 0 0
Davairus
Implementor

PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2004 9:31 pm    Post subject:

Their chants are answered by the gods of nature. They're supposed to be forest clerics - not forest mages. Despite hellstream, I mean tornado, apparently showing otherwise.

Blasphemy is an anti-cleric tool.

0 0 0
Addreodyn

PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2004 11:17 pm    Post subject:

Ah, they're clerics, not mages! I was wondering why I was getting way more hp than a normal mage should.

0 0 0
Burzuk
Implementor

PostPosted: Sat Jul 31, 2004 1:41 am    Post subject:

You should be getting more hp than even a cleric should, since druids inexplicably have the same hp gains as paladins and dk's. They also have the same mana gain as clerics and mages to boot, giving them (by far) the best gains in the game.

Druids are just a little beefy right now.

0 0 0
Louis

PostPosted: Sat Jul 31, 2004 3:58 am    Post subject:

druid guild in seringale is in the same spot cleric guild used to be. coincidence?

0 0 0
Seryie

PostPosted: Sat Jul 31, 2004 5:09 am    Post subject:

A human druid can get like 17/17 or even more. and they are cake to pk with.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

0 0 0
Clifton

PostPosted: Sat Jul 31, 2004 6:00 am    Post subject:

Yeah.. there's lots of little things about druids that I wouldn't want getting out. Like leaves being cured by sun blast.. or winters' wrath only affect weapons, not people's hands as implied. Or dispel magic being a druids worst enemy... since it cancel's everything which isn't good. That druid weakness are completely underabused... the list goes on. So.. everyone, shhhhhh about druids.

0 0 0
Seryie

PostPosted: Sat Jul 31, 2004 6:11 am    Post subject:

Dispel fucks anyone, not just druids..
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

0 0 0
b00mslang

PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2004 1:22 pm    Post subject:

Not Warlords Laughing

Hrm, maybe I'll start playing my druid more.

0 0 0
Louis

PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2004 6:37 pm    Post subject:

halfling druids are monsters

0 0 0
Seryie

PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2004 7:15 am    Post subject:

Yea, but i'd rather human since I prefere evils Razz personal preferance really, if i was going neutral or goodie, i'd chose halfling without a second though Smile

0 0 0
Amdorin

Location: No matter how much a failure, no life is worthless. You can always serve as a bad example.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2004 3:43 pm    Post subject:

There are too many ways to slip through to get a Ranger so I guess they are "Balanced". They can't really lag, I mean they can but you have to be like Code or whomever to get the right timing for everything down. If you have precise timing Rangers could be a great hardcore class, but in the wrong class you just see a lot of animals running away from them (because they keep dying and pets disappear). Sounds like me a little, depends on what kind of day it is.

0 0 0
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> Polls All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: